The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Pierluigi Gollini

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pierluigi Gollini

Post by 4BetLite on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Pierluigi Gollini signs

Hope the lads have got this one right and Gollini is a revelation, as I think this is the most important position we needed to fill.

Welcome to the greatest club on earth and good luck.

4BetLite



Posts : 1686
Reputation : 2684
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Please Win

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by TheVillansOfAston on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Welcome to B6 Pierluigi Gollini, heres hoping your stay at VP is a fruitful one. PS Whilst in Austria could you please take a certain Brad Guzan(along with a few others) into the Alps and conveniently "lose them" Ta!

TheVillansOfAston



Posts : 62
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2016-05-18
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by 4BetLite on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:51 pm

@TheVillansOfAston wrote:Welcome to B6 Pierluigi Gollini, heres hoping your stay at VP is a fruitful one. PS Whilst in Austria could you please take a certain Brad Guzan(along with a few others) into the Alps and conveniently "lose them" Ta!

Like it, do you think losing them is enough though.

Some form of torture is in order after the torture they've put us through.

4BetLite



Posts : 1686
Reputation : 2684
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Please Win

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by TheVillansOfAston on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:00 pm

@4BetLite wrote:
@TheVillansOfAston wrote:Welcome to B6 Pierluigi Gollini, heres hoping your stay at VP is a fruitful one. PS Whilst in Austria could you please take a certain Brad Guzan(along with a few others) into the Alps and conveniently "lose them" Ta!

Like it, do you think losing them is enough though.

Some form of torture is in order after the torture they've put us through.  

Perhaps a Paul Lambert team talk as a torture would suffice, i know it would push me over the edge.

TheVillansOfAston



Posts : 62
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2016-05-18
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Joppe84 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Excellent. Now go get Bamford, prefferably on a permanent deal.

Joppe84



Posts : 2941
Reputation : 2624
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by 4BetLite on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:51 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Excellent. Now go get Bamford, prefferably on a permanent deal.

That and Joppe go get our...............
Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

4BetLite



Posts : 1686
Reputation : 2684
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Please Win

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Saunders82 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Welcome to Villa, Looking better every day, keep em coming RDM.

Saunders82



Posts : 541
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 67
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by avfc forever on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Welcome to Aston Villa FC.

avfc forever



Posts : 329
Reputation : 94
Join date : 2014-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:24 am

I know nothing about this lad but I do know he is better than the shite we have. Our goalkeeping position has needed sorting for a couple of seasons so welcome aboard young man.

Boldfinger



Posts : 493
Reputation : 874
Join date : 2016-01-03
Age : 44
Location : the DR is always watching !

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by avfc85 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Age and experience I don't care after watching Guzan it was always time for a change! lets give Gollini a chance and a run of games!

avfc85



Posts : 500
Reputation : 325
Join date : 2014-12-07
Age : 32
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by 4BetLite on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Gollini showing super reflexes in training...... the kid looks good!

super save here

4BetLite



Posts : 1686
Reputation : 2684
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Please Win

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Villa_Dan on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:54 pm

@4BetLite wrote:Gollini showing super reflexes in training...... the kid looks good!

super save here

Awkward moment when that's Mark Bunn in goal...

Villa_Dan



Posts : 4059
Reputation : 3827
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by 4BetLite on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:57 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:
@4BetLite wrote:Gollini showing super reflexes in training...... the kid looks good!

super save here

Awkward moment when that's Mark Bunn in goal...

no way, oooooooooooops cheers Dan, 2 good keepers then Wink

4BetLite



Posts : 1686
Reputation : 2684
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Please Win

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Trotters on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Sounds like they're using medicine balls, too. Strengthen those metatarsals right up.

Trotters



Posts : 9304
Reputation : 4941
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Good signing keep them coming

NARLA24



Posts : 2208
Reputation : 1669
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 46
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by LVBrit on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:39 pm

@Trotters wrote:Sounds like they're using medicine balls, too. Strengthen those metatarsals right up.


After last season any kind of balls would be appreciated.

LVBrit



Posts : 173
Reputation : 100
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by KMitch on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:41 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-exclusive-pierluigi-gollini-11602543

Great interview with Gollini. Sounds like another fantastic character in the dressing room. I had no idea he turned down Juve to come to Villa. It sounds like he just wants to play, and also mentioned that the Championship is even more appealing to him than the Italian leagues because of the sheer amount of games per season.

The most impressive thing about all three of our signings so far has been their personalities. Elphick is a born leader and model professional, and Gollini/Tshibola have reputations of being wise beyond their years. A few more signings like this, and we might have a squad with the mental toughness to take us straight back up to the Premier League.

KMitch



Posts : 916
Reputation : 941
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Reno, Nevada

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Trotters on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:05 am

As much as I hated MoN, the one thing he usually got right was signing players that had the right personality. Leaders. From memory, a few of them were captains at their former clubs.

It would appear the RDM has a similar modus operandi. A good thing. It seems to be rubbing off on Grealish already and Gabby seems to have changed his attitude. In Jack's case, I think it's a genuine effort to change. In Gabby's I think it's pure bullshit; the bloke is a menace and needs to be fucked off ASAP.

Trotters



Posts : 9304
Reputation : 4941
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:21 am

@Trotters wrote:As much as I hated MoN, the one thing he usually got right was signing players that had the right personality. Leaders. From memory, a few of them were captains at their former clubs.

It would appear the RDM has a similar modus operandi. A good thing. It seems to be rubbing off on Grealish already and Gabby seems to have changed his attitude. In Jack's case, I think it's a genuine effort to change. In Gabby's I think it's pure bullshit; the bloke is a menace and needs to be fucked off ASAP.
Gabby is just saying the right things in an effort to keep his place. Not going to work in my opinion. His cards are already marked.

NARLA24



Posts : 2208
Reputation : 1669
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 46
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Bump !

He didn't inspire much confidence for me - even if he hadn't sliced that clearance.

Personally I question the wisdom of a 21 year old overseas keeper as first choice.

smetro



Posts : 2348
Reputation : 1384
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Saunders82 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:00 pm

I thought overall gollini had a sound game, one mistake cost us, but hopefully he will learn from it.

Saunders82



Posts : 541
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 67
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:03 pm

He looked solid enough for me. A bit uncomfortable with the ball in his feet, but think he did fine. Our defence however was fucking shocking. Elphick must be frustrated no end.

Joppe84



Posts : 2941
Reputation : 2624
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by UnclePanda on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

I thought Gollini had a good game. Made some good saves. Possibly a little nervous, and a mistake for the goal, but he will learn from that.
The jury is out for me, but he has my support. Just hope his confidence builds.

De Gea looked shite when he 1st joined Man Utd...

UnclePanda



Posts : 682
Reputation : 272
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:27 pm

@UnclePanda wrote:I thought Gollini had a good game. Made some good saves. Possibly a little nervous, and a mistake for the goal, but he will learn from that.
The jury is out for me, but he has my support. Just hope his confidence builds.

De Gea looked shite when he 1st joined Man Utd...


Far to early to judge him. My point is should a 21 year old overseas keeper be first choice when our stated aim is to get out of this division at the first attempt. I think not. RDM hasn't made Andre Green, RHM, or Jack Grealish nailed on starters - yet has taken a big risk in a very important position in the team. - Just seems very risk to me - you could argue its already cost us a point.

smetro



Posts : 2348
Reputation : 1384
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierluigi Gollini

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:29 pm

@smetro wrote:
@UnclePanda wrote:I thought Gollini had a good game. Made some good saves. Possibly a little nervous, and a mistake for the goal, but he will learn from that.
The jury is out for me, but he has my support. Just hope his confidence builds.

De Gea looked shite when he 1st joined Man Utd...


Far to early to judge him. My point is should a 21 year old overseas keeper be first choice when our stated aim is to get out of this division at the first attempt. I think not. RDM hasn't made Andre Green, RHM, or Jack Grealish nailed on starters - yet has taken a big risk in a very important position in the team. - Just seems very risk to me - you could argue its already cost us a point.

Could argue that he should. I think all three would be more useful than Gestede and Bacuna.

Joppe84



Posts : 2941
Reputation : 2624
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum