The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will be the final outcome at fortress Villa Park

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_lcap20%Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_lcap40%Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread Empty Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread

Post by Trotters Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:34 am

Will lowly Fulham be able to do the double over us?
Will Lambert finally give up on Weimann?
Will he restore Lowton to the right back slot and let Leandro Bacuna back into the midfield?
Will Clark be dropped after his disastrous game at Old Trafford.

A loss here and it could put such a dent whatever remains of Villa's fragile confidence and see us get dragged once again into a relegation scrap. Could such a loss be the final nail in Lambert's coffin? Has a coffin even been ordered?

Last edited by Trotters on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:12 am

Another dour crap game at home like palace was with Fulham sneaking a 1-0 win - will the home crowd finally turn on lambert ?

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:36 am

A massive game for us this one. It could get very nasty if we do not win.
I have gone for a rampaging Villa win but i am not holding my breath.
Probably the lowest crowd of the Prem season for this one at VP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Well, fail to take anything from this game and we are back in the relegation mixer as far as I am concerned.

Sick of what should be routine home wins against awful opposition becoming such 'must win' games year after year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:55 pm

This game is not on tv over here so i will be trying to get it on a dodgy stream instead of watching it down the local.
I am not looking forward to it to be honest. It could well turn into the worst possible game of our shitty season.
Fulham at home should be a nailed on 3 points and here we are dreading the bloody fixture.
This is beyond bad, this is just bloody awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:56 pm

I am as sure of us losing this as I was that we were going to beat United.

God knows what the means the result will be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:52 pm

PDC Lion wrote:This game is not on tv over here so i will be trying to get it on a dodgy stream instead of watching it down the local.
I am not looking forward to it to be honest. It could well turn into the worst possible game of our shitty season.
Fulham at home should be a nailed on 3 points and here we are dreading the bloody fixture.

Glad I will be missing it  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:This game is not on tv over here so i will be trying to get it on a dodgy stream instead of watching it down the local.

Glad I will be missing it  cheers 
I am giving serious thought to not watching it either. Just go to SSN at 5ish to check the score.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Two years ago I was in Brussels on a research trip and we were starting to look like relegation candidates. Anyway, that day (10 March) we beat Fulham courtesy of a really fluky Weimann goal in injury time.

never thought we'd be facing such a crucial fixture two years later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:35 pm

I am usually positive about Villa pre-match.
I am finding it hard to raise a grunt for this game for some reason.
 Tumbleweed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:Two years ago I was in Brussels on a research trip and we were starting to look like relegation candidates. Anyway, that day (10 March) we beat Fulham courtesy of a really fluky Weimann goal in injury time.

That same day I was sat in an internet cafe in Times Square, New York, frantically hitting the refresh button on the BBC websites update of the games stats (having failed to find a bar showing the game itself). I got a few weird looks when an audible but stiffled "yes" faintly rang out as the score went to 1-0 very late on (it wasn't even midday there) but it set me up for a cracking rest of the day. I eventually saw the goal in one of the city's many fake Irish bars later that night.

Anyway, I think Saturday's game will be equally as fraught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:31 pm

3-1 villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:41 pm

I voted a win, because we must. There is often one team that seems safe that gets dragged in, it could be us this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Chris Harte wrote:
Farrell_10 wrote:Two years ago I was in Brussels on a research trip and we were starting to look like relegation candidates. Anyway, that day (10 March) we beat Fulham courtesy of a really fluky Weimann goal in injury time.

That same day I was sat in an internet cafe in Times Square, New York, frantically hitting the refresh button on the BBC websites update of the games stats (having failed to find a bar showing the game itself). I got a few weird looks when an audible but stiffled "yes" faintly rang out as the score went to 1-0 very late on (it wasn't even midday there) but it set me up for a cracking rest of the day. I eventually saw the goal in one of the city's many fake Irish bars later that night.

Anyway, I think Saturday's game will be equally as fraught.

It's a game that will always stand out for me because of where I was and how relieved I was. It's probably the same for you?

I bet neither of us thought it was the sort of day that would become a yearly occurrence. Relying on a plucky win or a slice of fortune to preserve villa's Premier League status.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:46 am

It does stand out for me.

Also, having been in Lanzarote about four months earlier for a win against Norwich, I was in the middle of a personal run of having not seen the Villa win in the flesh at home that extended to almost a calendar year. We'd beaten Wigan in the late-September/early-October time and I never saw another live win until early the next season.

Baring in mind I have/had a season ticket and those were the only two games I missed it just sums up our home form in recent seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:18 am

Holtender1982 wrote:I voted a win, because we must.  There is often one team that seems safe that gets dragged in, it could be us this year.

I think sunderlands defeat last night may have been the death knell for them - they have an awful run in and at the best I can see thenm only making 35 points and that's being hugely optimistic for them .

Another lowly finish in the bottom 6 for is surely must see lambert shown the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard E Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Even we can't fail to beat this lot. But we'll make heavy work of it. 2-1 Villa.
Richard E

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Richard E wrote:Even we can't fail to beat this lot. But we'll make heavy work of it. 2-1 Villa.
Richard, welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Richard E wrote:Even we can't fail to beat this lot. But we'll make heavy work of it. 2-1 Villa.
I am Fergal :) and we will win :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Welcome Richard, make yourself at home :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Greetings Richard :) In a previous incarnation on H & V I was RogerS. I still am, it being my name and all. Wilkommen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Welcome, Richard.

I should have made the poll multiple choice. I'll bet my bottom dollar everyone would have picked all four, we're that unpredictable a team.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Fulham pre-match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 am

Trotters wrote:Welcome, Richard.

I should have made the poll multiple choice. I'll bet my bottom dollar everyone would have picked all four, we're that unpredictable a team.

I know. I never know which villa will show up. The utterly shit or the thrilling world-beaters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:03 pm

In some of the games that the utterly shit one have played the most entertaining feature for our supporters has been that very uncertainty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:In some of the games that the utterly shit one have played the most entertaining feature for our supporters has been that very uncertainty.

Remember last season it got so bad around January people used to nearly laugh at how bad we were at defending corners and taking throw ins etc.

Even this season, around November, I can't remember if it was the Sunderland draw or the Cardiff win but there were spells in the game where I found myself tittering at some atrocious villa throw ins and some of our players' efforts to control the ball.

I know that's really bad, but it just looked like (Luna I think it was) had auditioned to be a footballer for a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum