The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

We will ever recover from this ?

+8
achilles
4BetLite
FoxyAV
Trotters
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
smetro
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can we ever recover from this ?

We will ever recover from this ? I_vote_lcap12%We will ever recover from this ? I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
We will ever recover from this ? I_vote_lcap60%We will ever recover from this ? I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 15 ]
We will ever recover from this ? I_vote_lcap28%We will ever recover from this ? I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 25

We will ever recover from this ? Empty We will ever recover from this ?

Post by smetro Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:36 am

I feel worse than I did when Ron Saunders resigned.

Im a grown bloke, with 2 kids, there wellbeing dwarves Aston Villa - but no word of lie I lost sleep over Aston Villa last night.

Anyway - my question is - even post Lerner can we ever get back to being an established premier club ?
smetro
smetro

We will ever recover from this ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

We will ever recover from this ? Empty Re: We will ever recover from this ?

Post by NARLA24 Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:45 am

Yes is my answer. Depends who takes us over. We could now end up like our knuckle dragging neighbours, floating in the Championship for a long time
NARLA24
NARLA24

We will ever recover from this ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:46 am

NARLA24 wrote:Yes is my answer. Depends who takes us over. We could now end up like our knuckle dragging neighbours, floating in the Championship for a long time

Surley that a 'no' then !!!

Right now even floating in the championship looks optimistic....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:50 am

Yes - we don't need mega money, we need smarter money.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:54 am

Yes, it is possible. However, if a takeover and new owners aren't in place before seasons end then I'm more than concerned that League 1 is calling and things will get worse before they get better. We could be looking at things we never thought possible.......administration, points deductions, lower leagues, near bankruptcy.......or bankruptcy. Under Lerner we cannot rule out anything, he's the king of finding new lows.
The huge difference in money will now render us impotent if we remain outside the premier league for more than a season or two. Barring mega rich new ownership we'll remain outside the top flight for quite some time. There is no hope under Lerner.
Dazzle
Dazzle

We will ever recover from this ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 am

I was just chatting about this exact topic with NARLA.  

If Randy decides to spite us all then we are truly bollocksed. There's no coming back from this.

But even if he wants to make things right, the only way of doing it would be to bow to the pressure that's on him from Hollis (I'm starting to believe he engineered all this to put Randy in a sell-or-be-damned position). If he fails to sell quickly, and to the right person or if he fails to convince Bernie and King to withdraw their resignation letters (and now they're public, I cannot see that happening), then it's all over. No one else will come on to our board (maybe Collymore) and no one will want to be our manager (maybe Collymore)

Non-league beckons. Or administration.

The only option now if he can't get Bernie and King back is to sell. Even if he decides he's going to pump a billion dollars into the club, he won't get a manger who believes him. It's all over.

I half wonder if some dodgy Chinese or Middle Eastern buyer "encouraged" our current board to sink the ship to make the price right.

Last edited by Trotters on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

We will ever recover from this ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:27 am

I think it's still too early to know what exactly it is from which we might never recover. Bernstein and King resigned 12 hours ago and looking on the plus side, both Gabby and N'Zog are gone in a couple of months. We'll know in a month or two what's going on, and we'll be able to tell from the calibre of manager whether or not there's a chance they've been offered a transfer kitty. Lerner messed us around with two managers in McLeish and Lambert who'd promoted teams from the Championship (that's good insurance isn't it, if you think your team is likely to be relegated, be prepared) followed by a manager with no real world experience of managing (other than by default at a team that couldn't wait to get rid at the end of the season) and a manager hired after a year off after managing a French Ligue 1 team. Unless Lerner does something serious (finance the team properly or sell to someone who can) the pool of managers willing to take the job will be very small, bearing in mind the pool of managers willing and able to do the job has already drained dry.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 am

But how will he attract a manager? It's now known that the last manager was promised a winter transfer window kitty to save us from relegation and it's come out that the targeted players weren't even approached by the club.

Managers and players talk and I'm sure we only hear a tiny fraction of what goes on. Given that, I cannot imagine what Randy could possibly say to anyone in order for them to be our manager.

It would seem that Gabby as well as the others have known full well what's been going on and (Gabby at least) is now in retirement mode.

On the surface it looks like many of them had committed career suicide with how they've played but it would be very easy now for an agent to spin that the utter turmoil and confusion of the club was the root cause of all problems, rather than player performance.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 am

Garde, a manager most of us had never heard of, followed Sherwood, someone Spurs didn't want, who had no real world managerial experience (he inherited a good squad he'd already been working with). The natural progression is someone from a second division club abroad. I can't really see anyone in the UK good enough to even be considered wanting to take the job. Lerner is therefore going to have to either sell or finance the club properly. The latter is going to have to involve very serious surgery, including repairing the damage caused by King and Bernstein's exit.

Like I said, we'll find out in the next month or two what the overall situation is, who owns the club, if we have any players left and who is going to be either stupid or desperate enough to manage us, or not!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:50 am

Month or two? Given the leaks of the resignation letters, something will have to happen sooner than that. And by that, I mean a public statement from Lerner himself.

No, I don't think it'll happen either.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:42 am

The impact of the King and Bernstein resignations cannot be underestimated.

The message it sends to us and the world will have ramifications for a generation, this will take some getting over and to reestablish this great club is, as we speak probably impossible.

Any serious organisation interested in acquiring this club would have got the deal done by now, which sadly means, we will end up in the hands of another useless owner.

Lerner has destroyed us, he should never be forgiven for this.

4BetLite
4BetLite

We will ever recover from this ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:49 am

Trotters wrote:Month or two? Given the leaks of the resignation letters, something will have to happen sooner than that. And by that, I mean a public statement from Lerner himself.

I wasn't implying nothing was going to happen for a month or two, just that by then we'll have a better/proper overview of what's going/gone on.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:50 am

We will ever recover from this ? 3769219917
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:09 am

lol! lol! lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 am

4BetLite wrote:The impact of the King and Bernstein resignations cannot be underestimated.

The message it sends to us and the world will have ramifications for a generation, this will take some getting over and to reestablish this great club is, as we speak probably impossible.

Any serious organisation interested in acquiring this club would have got the deal done by now, which sadly means, we will end up in the hands of another useless owner.

I refuse to believe this until all hope is gone.
I accept that it is a possibility as the situation is absolutely dire but while there is life there is hope.
Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:15 am

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:21 am

achilles wrote:
4BetLite wrote:The impact of the King and Bernstein resignations cannot be underestimated.

I refuse to believe this until all hope is gone.
I accept that it is a possibility as the situation is absolutely dire but while there is life there is hope.
Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

I hope your are right mate but this is the lowest this club has ever been. We are Aston Villa, we should be a top six club. The damage Lerner has caused cannot be understated and as Lord King stated this club needs to be sold asap, what a statement that is.

I am asking now that whichever member of this forum lives closest to this cuuunt, pays him a visit asap and skull fuckss this muppet, I will send a box of Prestat chocolates and a bottle of Dom Perignon to which ever prison you end up in on a weekly basis.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 am

It's a big step up from calling a New York restaurant but I think someone will take that challenge.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:28 pm

I keep thinking "well it can't get any worse now" and it does. My only glimmer of hope is remembering how bad things were under O'Dreary and Doug just before Randy came in.
bruka

We will ever recover from this ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 am

Just seen King on Bloomberg this morning. He was quite upbeat and he seems to believe that something will happen over the next 2/3 weeks that will start us on the path to recovery.

If that sale doesn't happen, I'm with Trotters. It's either non league football or administration or more likely, both.

With a spiteful owner who has lost touch with life and business reality, anything is possible including the ending of the Aston Villa 'brand' altogether.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:50 am

bruka wrote:I keep thinking "well it can't get any worse now" and it does. My only glimmer of hope is remembering how bad things were under O'Dreary and Doug just before Randy came in.

Frankly they seem like golden years compared to what we are going through now.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:02 am

The club may recover but these poor people will not. This is a disgrace and directly affects a very good friend of mine with 35 yrs service at the club. Shame on you players for causing this. You are a disgrace.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-axe-staggering-11210956#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:56 am

The 9th of May is when people find out their fate at both Villa Park and BMH. 30% of the workforce at BMH is to be cut. Fucking awfull times for everyone who works so hard to keep that place to the standards it is at. Do the players, Directors and all the rest of the serious money earning fuckwarts realise how this is going to affect peoples lives, or do they just not give a fuck!!!!!!

These bastards need to have a good look at themselves and shoulder the total responsability of these people losing their jobs and no doubt some of them their homes as well.

Modern football and the trappings of wealth that these very average wankers get really pisses me off. 60,000 quid a week to drink champagne and inhale fucking laughing gas!!!!! You lot make me fucking sick.!!!! These bastards will still be driving their flash cars around, nightclubbing and flying off to fucking exotic places whilst the hard working people , who have built this club from scratch will be queueing up to see if they can get any help to save their homes and lives. How the fuck is that fair, it ain´t at all.

I usually spend between 200 - 250 quid a year having Villa merchandise brought over here by different friends. Well, let me tell you this, not a single bloody penny is coming out of my pocket for anymore merchandise so the profits can go to a bunch of talentless, over paid, overrated, ignorant wankers that are the majority of senior players at Aston Villa Football Club, not a single penny.

It is seriously time to boycott everything connected to Aston Villa until this useless fucking Yank and his side kicks are gone from Aston Villa for good. I mean merchandise, season tickets etc. Sack all the high earners, tear their contracts up infront of their faces and fuck them off. This Yank sugarbag has, along side other useless sugarbags brought Aston Villa to it´s knees, so much so that their is no soul left in the club. The fans are devestated, totally bemused and confused how That Yank sugarbag has managed to fuck things up so fantastically. What are his plans, to bankrupt us and have a fucking Tesco superstore built on our famous ground or what!!!!

I manage to earn a living over here, just, but i earn in a year  what those sugarbags who walk onto that hallowed turf on a Saturday get in 2-3 days. Fuck my old cunting boots!!!!! You are an embaresment to the game of football, you are an embaresment to Aston Villa´s name, you are an embaresment to the great supporters of Aston Villa, you know, those poor fuckers who have to watch you not giving a fuck week in week out, and most importantly you players, you are an embaresment to yourselves. When you had the chance to be hailed as heroes by your supporters you did exactly the opposite and treated us with nothing but contempt. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You won´t be, we know that, because you just don´t give a fucking rats arse about us. Well, we no longer give a rats arse about you lot either. Get your fucking Mercedes, BMW´S, Hummers, Porsche´s and fuck off into the sunset with your fat, undeserved bank accounts. But, on your way, maybe, just maybe, spare a thought for all those families who are going to suffer for many years because of your ineptitude in doing your jobs. You fucking shower of shit.

We the supporters of Aston Villa will be here long after you lot have gone. So remember, you lot, at the end of the day are just bits of unimportant shit on the bottom of our shoes, not the other way around. Us lot who sing, support and bleed Claret and Blue are the important ones.

Just to finish of this unexpected Wednesday morning rant, i would like to wish all those people who will sadly lose their jobs all the best for your futures. Hold your heads high safe in the knowledge that you were fucked over by a bunch of talentless bastards.

UTV.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Presumably nothing happened to that suggestion that the players should contribute some of their wages for the people who are going to lose their jobs?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum