The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Rant time

+13
WendyOz
EbeneezerGoode
Boldfinger
DelboyVilla
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
Trotters
Terry Derry
smetro
villajk
avfc85
Con
ViewFromT2
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rant time Empty Rant time

Post by ViewFromT2 Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:51 pm

GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut GardeOut

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Rant time Empty Re: Rant time

Post by Con Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:25 pm

you're joking?

lol.

not joining you in that. ludicrous.

this is all about the board and the owners now.

why are you doing absolutely nothing about that?

Out the Door on 74' all the way.
Con
Con

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Con wrote:you're joking?

lol.

not joining you in that. ludicrous.

this is all about the board and the owners now.

why are you doing absolutely nothing about that?

Out the Door on 74' all the way.

Remi Garde hasnt improved us in anyway, the board has the biggest part to play in our demise but Garde needs to go, he'll get eaten alive in the championship.
avfc85
avfc85

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:52 pm

remi garde please leave
villajk

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Blaming Garde is exactly what Lerner wants

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Blaming Garde is exactly what Lerner wants

please explain todays team selection, formation, tactics and substitutions?.....when every game is now must win!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:26 am

Its not fault - but equally he has done almost nothing to stop the rot. Sure Lerner takes good whack of the blame. - but Garde just seems like a figurehead who leads out the team - organises training - but Imo there's no real conviction in what he's doing.

I think he has to go - we cant risk starting next season in this slumber mode.
smetro
smetro

Rant time 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:29 am

Before we sack another manager, we need to get rid if Fox, Almstadt and Riley.
These are clueless sugarbags and are responsible for where we are.
Then, we can concentrate of getting rid of Lerner.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:03 am

The players have given up. Nothing will motivate them now. They're on the beach and waiting for their agents to sort out their next contract.

Nothing Garde does now - team selection, formation, tactics, talk, etc - will make a blind bit of difference.

The spotlight now is firmly on Lerner and Fox. The fans should so nothing but intensify the pressure. Shifting attention to the manager is exactly what Lerner will want.
Trotters
Trotters

Rant time 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:43 am

I agree with Trotters, the players have given up.

An argument Lambert made for not playing academy players was that putting them into a negative atmosphere when the team is mostly losing could destroy their confidence. Whether it's right or wrong, our most experienced academy players are out on loan and those left might not be best served by playing in the senior team.

A team is screwed when it has to play Gabby up front in his current form as a lone striker, and Bacuna, despite him scoring a goal yesterday. At least we have Ayew and Gestede for the next match but unless we can magic up some talent for whoever is knocking in the crosses, we're going to be slaughtered all the way to the Championship.

I don't think getting rid of Garde is the issue but then I don't think though it helps when he talks to the press before a match about a lack of confidence just after having set up a match quickly reported in the press as the senior team losing 3-0 to the academy players. If you're going to play some academy players just do it, don't screw around with the confidence of the players you're relying on to start each match.

Bearing in mind every match is a must win, I am a bit baffled by the selections. I still think Sinclair is a good player (falling over in the box notwithstanding) and still think with the defence looking better (bear with me) we can afford to play a 4-4-2 with Ayew and Gestede up front together and Sinclair and maybe Corey Blackett-Taylor on the other side (I really don't like Bacuna's attitude). Sure, Blackett-Taylor is young but he looks very good from what I've seen of the academy matches.

We haven't had two strikers available for a few matches but now we do, and since we're consistently losing anyway, why not throw caution to the wind. Oh, and Veretout and Gueye in the middle. Westwood needs to cool off. He'll be fine in the Championship but for now I think he's a wasted position.

Garde though I think we must keep. He's our best chance and I can't see anyone at all better than him wanting to come to the club. Unless Roy Keane wants to come back. He looks angry and shouts at players, that's what we want, isn't it?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Rant time 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:20 am

"Garde though I think we must keep. He's our best chance"

I find this statement incredible. He has done absolutely nothing to justify that!

I agree the problems at the club run far deeper than the manager, but that does not mean he is resolved of any blame.
We are worse than when he came in, surely you can see that?

The problem with Remi Garde is that he is a nice guy. He is likeable. It's hard not to like him and want him to do well.....doesn't mean he is cut out for task though.
Do you honestly think he would get us promoted from the championship?

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:25 am

With his own players who has picked to play his way, yes.

But that requires money and scouting talent. Unless there's a huge change in the quality of the people we have running the show, people who understand that we need to bounce back first time by using the parachute payments to our advantage, then we could well slip down to League 1.
Trotters
Trotters

Rant time 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:50 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:"Garde though I think we must keep. He's our best chance"

I find this statement incredible. He has done absolutely nothing to justify that!

I agree the problems at the club run far deeper than the manager, but that does not mean he is resolved of any blame.

The problem with Remi Garde is that he is a nice guy. He is likeable. It's hard not to like him and want him to do well.....doesn't mean he is cut out for task though.

I actually think he has done well with what he's had to work with and no support from the club. Sherwood was a complete disaster but even he wasn't allowed a striker worthy of the Premier League. I don't think Garde can perform miracles. He's trying to find a team that works from a bunch of players past their best and clinging on to their pay cheques (Gabby, N'Zogbia, Richardson and to a certain extent, Richards and Lescott), players who were never good enough in the first place (Hutton, Bacuna), Championship players (Gestede, Westwood), Academy graduates who aren't allowed to play and who we argue about the effectiveness of anyway (Gardner, Baker, Clark, Robinson, Grealish) and new recruits expected to slot straight into PL from mostly France (Ayew, Gueye, Veretout, Traore). Even the goalie is Norwich's old reserve. The players still here after last season are to a man ones not wanted by anyone else. The players who have shown a glimpse of being half decent (Ayew, Traore, Gueye, Veretout) will most likely be off at the end of this season as they're unlikely to want to stay and the club is unlikely to want to try to keep them. We have our better Championship level Academy players on loan (the aforementioned Gardner, Robinson and Baker) and a load of kids from the Academy that the manager doesn't seem to want to play. We've been without our best attacking player (Ayew) for three matches for being an idiot, while Gestede and Kozak have been injured alongside Traore.

And you think Garde is shit and we'll be able to attract a better manager with that lot to choose from, a disinterested owner and a board unwilling to offer any support?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Rant time 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:07 am

Ive said before.. If Remi goes, our next boss will be Kenny Jackett or Mick McCarthy.
That is pretty much a confirmation that we will be a Championship club for a long, long time.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:25 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Do you honestly think he would get us promoted from the championship?

I didn't answer this bit.

We're in the PL still, Garde is going to see us through. If he goes now, like you want him to, who takes over? KMac? Ok, he's shown he's not really up to it. So he sees us out, because he will. We get relegated. We start next season afresh in the Championship with a new manager capable of bringing us up and happy to take on a club in the process of being asset stripped, with the best players from this season gone. New season, new manager, new players. It works for us every time doesn't it?

Garde appears to be a man of principle, so he's not going to walk. The board will therefore have to sack him, and pay him off. £5million sound about right? I'm sure they can pay that from sacking quite a number of staff from Villa Park and selling off the club's history.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Rant time 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:37 am

I am not a fan of Pearson but I don't think those players would be performing like they are, if he was in charge ,imo we would be nine points better off ,if we had chosen Moyes, or Rowet
villajk

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:22 am

We will not get anyone better than Remi until Lerner f@cks off! Simple as, anyone who thinks Moyes or Pearson would come into this shambles are kidding themselves.
DelboyVilla

Rant time 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Couldn't agree more.
Sure there are massive problems at the club - but sticking with a guy who can barley win a game - and has openly admitted the players lack desire - Thats just making a bad situation worse.
I know Garde hasn't signed any of these players - but that situation is hardly unique - most managers coming in mid season inherit a squad unknown to them and get some sort of reaction. If we stick with Garde how do we know he will be able to movitate the players he signed ?.
I will be surprised if he starts next season - I think Hollis will have a total clear out of those below him.
smetro
smetro

Rant time 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:36 pm

Our club has been destroyed and torn apart. It is a sad state of affairs
When everything is put down in black and white it shows that no one at the club deserves to be there.
They will all go in the end and only us - the loyal few - the loyal band of brothers will remain.
Boldfinger

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:34 pm

smetro wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Sure there are massive problems at the club - but sticking with a guy who can barley win a game - and has openly admitted the players lack desire - Thats just making a bad situation worse.
I know Garde hasn't signed any of these players - but that situation is hardly unique - most managers coming in mid season inherit a squad unknown to them and get some sort of reaction. If we stick with Garde how do we know he will be able to movitate the players he signed ?.
I will be surprised if he starts next season - I think Hollis will have a total clear out of those below him.

Glad at least someone agrees!

Moyes is the man we should be breaking our necks to bring in. He would get this lot playing I my opinion.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Moyes should be the man ,He would improve this side only a little,,there not good enough ,but would you trust Remi in the transfer market, no way he has to go ,too negative .
villajk

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Problem has been the players not the manager.

Garde inherited the worst squad in the Premier League on the worst form.

They weren't even underperforming. They are the worst squad. Arguably the form has got a little better under Garde but without any signings in January it is a futile task for him.

How can anyone be blaming the manager? Ludicrous.

If the manager constantly needs changing the fault is not the manger it's the people who appoint him that are the problem.

Con
Con

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:04 am

I dont rate Garde but Lerner and Fox are the problem. Garde is just a distraction and we should not allow them to get away with it by putting another weak manager in front of them as a tarrget.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:10 am

Boldfinger wrote:Our club has been destroyed and torn apart. It is a sad state of affairs
When everything is put down in black and white it shows that no one at the club deserves to be there.  
They will all go in the end and only us - the loyal few - the loyal band of brothers will remain.

Ahem - and sisters!
WendyOz
WendyOz

Rant time 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:37 am

Con wrote:Problem has been the players not the manager.

Garde inherited the worst squad in the Premier League on the worst form.

They weren't even underperforming. They are the worst squad. Arguably the form has got a little better under Garde but without any signings in January it is a futile task for him.

How can anyone be blaming the manager? Ludicrous.

If the manager constantly needs changing the fault is not the manger it's the people who appoint him that are the problem.

Did he though?

In the 12 games we played before he came, we won once as we all know. But you could argue that looking at our results, we weren't far off being competitive....think back to the day Garde came in, most of us felt that a few teaks in personnel and tactics here and there, and we would be fine.

Only lost 0-1 at home to Man Utd, then only 2-1 away at Palace when we had got back in the game (thanks to Adama). Pardew out manoeuvred Sherwood at half time that day.2-2 at home to Sunderland was a shocking result, but we were in front and comfortable before a Micah Richards balls up.
Then the season changer for me. 2-0 away at Leicester, time to shut up shop and take the points. Sherwood goes gung-ho last 20 and we lost the game.
Followed that with a poor 1-0 loss the west brom at home. Hardly outplayed though and really should of won the game.
The 3-2 loss at Liverpool was disappointing having got ourselves back in it at 2-1 we allowed them to score from kick off. However, you could argue we should of still got a point from that game!
Stoke at home we were comfortable, losing it 1-0 was frustrating, had chances to win it.
Chelsea away we were well beaten in the end, after costly individual errors.
We then led at home against Swansea and looked the better side, only to capitulate late on and lose it 2-1.

My point is that in all of those games (possibly bar Chelsea away) we were competitive and had chances in the games to take points. Now you could argue that your point about being the "worst squad in the premier league" is the reason we didn't take those points. However, my memory tells me that we week after week blamed the inept Sherwood for many of those results, his team selections and substitutions in particular being the reason potential wins were becoming losses.

Now a new manager worth his salt should of been able to get results in my opinion, especially after fluking a 0-0 at home to Man City in his first game in charge. Instead however, it took him 11 games to find a win....11 games!!!! By that time it was all over.
In my opinion when he only picked up 2 points over xmas in the four games against Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich and Sunderland we should of bit the bullet and paid him off.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Rant time 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum