The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Rant time

+13
WendyOz
EbeneezerGoode
Boldfinger
DelboyVilla
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
Trotters
Terry Derry
smetro
villajk
avfc85
Con
ViewFromT2
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rant time - Page 2 Empty Re: Rant time

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 am

Garde was dropped in it, with virtually no time to decide on a team (Sherwood hadn't managed to decide on his team or tactics by that point either) but he did slowly work out the team he wanted to start. I think he's lacking confidence too, especially if he was promised money in January and then not given it. We can only judge Garde as a manager in terms of whether he's any good at preventing a huge club self imploding with a sub-average squad, disinterested owner and with accountants and liquidators in charge. Throw in some injuries and steadily declining morale and we are where we are. Oh, and three matches in a row with incorrect penalty calls.

If the question is, with hindsight was Garde the best choice to take what he had and try to motivate the players and drag us out of the relegation zone? Probably not. Is he a good manager with support behind him, able to buy the players he wants to play the game he wants? It's unlikely we'll ever know.

Should we sack him now and hope that Moyes, who I believe ruled himself out when Sherwood went, will have changed his mind and wants to see if he wants an even bigger challenge than taking over from Ferguson? We can talk about managers we want, but if the rumours are to be believed, we couldn't even persuade our first choice French manager to join us. Who in their right minds who isn't already a Villa fan would want to take the manager's job at Villa?

I don't see Garde walking away and I don't see the club paying him off. They must already have looked into a replacement for him, I wonder what they found? If anything's going to happen it will be when the players going to leave have gone and any new manager can find out exactly what he has to spend and what's expected of him.

You can shout GARDE OUT! as much as you like, but I can't really see what use it will do.

I still have a nagging feeling the accountants in charge of our club have made a business case to make the club sustainable in the Championship. Lerner clearly doesn't care a fig about the club, he's spent a load of money on it he's going to want back - whether it be in loans he hasn't written off, or to make up for the losses he's made - and it's not working out in the Premier League. It worries the crap out of me that accountants are in charge.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Rant time - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:54 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Garde was dropped in it, with virtually no time to decide on a team (Sherwood hadn't managed to decide on his team or tactics by that point either) but he did slowly work out the team he wanted to start. I think he's lacking confidence too, especially if he was promised money in January and then not given it. We can only judge Garde as a manager in terms of whether he's any good at preventing a huge club self imploding with a sub-average squad, disinterested owner and with accountants and liquidators in charge. Throw in some injuries and steadily declining morale and we are where we are. Oh, and three matches in a row with incorrect penalty calls.

If the question is, with hindsight was Garde the best choice to take what he had and try to motivate the players and drag us out of the relegation zone? Probably not. Is he a good manager with support behind him, able to buy the players he wants to play the game he wants? It's unlikely we'll ever know.

Should we sack him now and hope that Moyes, who I believe ruled himself out when Sherwood went, will have changed his mind and wants to see if he wants an even bigger challenge than taking over from Ferguson? We can talk about managers we want, but if the rumours are to be believed, we couldn't even persuade our first choice French manager to join us. Who in their right minds who isn't already a Villa fan would want to take the manager's job at Villa?

I don't see Garde walking away and I don't see the club paying him off. They must already have looked into a replacement for him, I wonder what they found? If anything's going to happen it will be when the players going to leave have gone and any new manager can find out exactly what he has to spend and what's expected of him.

You can shout GARDE OUT! as much as you like, but I can't really see what use it will do.

I still have a nagging feeling the accountants in charge of our club have made a business case to make the club sustainable in the Championship. Lerner clearly doesn't care a fig about the club, he's spent a load of money on it he's going to want back - whether it be in loans he hasn't written off, or to make up for the losses he's made - and it's not working out in the Premier League. It worries the crap out of me that accountants are in charge.

Think Garde has already hinted he may walk away. Indeed I believe he implied he would only stay if there was a decent budget next season. Of course should he resign he kisses goodbye to a £3m pay off .....so it maybe the mutual consent thing...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:20 pm

smetro wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:Garde was dropped in it, with virtually no time to decide on a team (Sherwood hadn't managed to decide on his team or tactics by that point either) but he did slowly work out the team he wanted to start. I think he's lacking confidence too, especially if he was promised money in January and then not given it. We can only judge Garde as a manager in terms of whether he's any good at preventing a huge club self imploding with a sub-average squad, disinterested owner and with accountants and liquidators in charge. Throw in some injuries and steadily declining morale and we are where we are. Oh, and three matches in a row with incorrect penalty calls.

Think Garde has already hinted he may walk away. Indeed I believe he implied he would only stay if there was a decent budget next season. Of course should he resign he kisses goodbye to a £3m pay off .....so it maybe the mutual consent thing...

As far as I can tell, this thread is about getting rid of Garde now, not at the end of the season. What happens then is entirely down to the budget promised to the manager along with who goes and who can't go anywhere else because no one else wants them (from which group whoever is making the decisions wants to keep). There's a very slim chance someone might want to stay despite other clubs wanting them (Amavi perhaps?). It would be nice to think a manager (Garde, or whoever) could have a chance and budget to try to keep the best players but I really don't expect anything from the people running this club anymore.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:24 pm

[quote="FoxyAV"][quote="smetro"]

I have a rather more simplistic view on things. His record as a manager is pathetic....you can make all the excuses under the sun for him, but the fact remains that our results since he came in have been terrible.

None of us know the promises made to him, my guess is that he was told he would be given money to strengthen the team in January when he came in, but by the time January came around he had pretty much condemned us to relegation, so a) the board though what's the point and b) nobody could be persuaded to join a sinking ship.

In the meantime his lack man management skills are there for all to see. He slags the players off one minute, then picks them the next! He has curbed any touchline input from any of his coaches.....where is the passionate Tony Parkes of last season? Where is Eric Balck...what is he doing at the club?
He has seemingly alienated most of the senior squad to the point where none of them can be arsed to put a shift in anymore. He seems to have singled out Micah Richards as the only player responsible for the Liverpool charade, and completely shut Grealish out in the cold (I don't see the hype with Grealish but Christ when results are going as they are....you utilise every player you have surely to try and change things)?
His persistence in picking Bacuna is simply inexplicable, from looking useful a few weeks ago Veretout now looks like a total donkey and really needs to be left out for a while....but he plays every game! Westwood is bad enough in the role he has played since he came to us, but Garde now seems to be using him on the left of midfield....wtf?
We need to try and win every game....yet the only forward player we have had available lately that puts a shift in is Sinclair...he may lack in ability at times, but he tries....but Garde continually leaves him out and selects Gabby....who hadn't had a look in since the day Garde came in!
We had a striker on the bench on Saturday whose only strength is heading the ball. We are playing a team whose main centre back was out...a team that have struggled all season without said centre back, now Gestede is crap but at least he gives us a plan B....but Garde waits until the last 10 mins to put him on...and guess what, he creates enough havoc for us to score a goal! Why wasn't he brought on at half time for gods sake? what was he waiting for? He is just too negative a manager....and when the team are struggling for confidence, that attitude does not help at all.
We are a crap footballing side. We don't have the ability, the intelligence or the movement to open teams up through midfield. We cannot create and we don't have anyone that can shoot from distance....so here's a thought, do as Sherwood did and put the big man up there and knock it in to him....get players around him and feed off the scraps. Bypass the midfield totally as they are (to a man) useless. Maybe, just maybe we will start to scrap a few points that way!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Rant time - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:54 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
smetro wrote:

I have a rather more simplistic view on things. His record as a manager is pathetic....you can make all the excuses under the sun for him, but the fact remains that our results since he came in have been terrible.

None of us know the promises made to him, my guess is that he was told he would be given money to strengthen the team in January when he came in, but by the time January came around he had pretty much condemned us to relegation, so a) the board though what's the point and b) nobody could be persuaded to join a sinking ship.

In the meantime his lack man management skills are there for all to see. He slags the players off one minute, then picks them the next! He has curbed any touchline input from any of his coaches.....where is the passionate Tony Parkes of last season? Where is Eric Balck...what is he doing at the club?
He has seemingly alienated most of the senior squad to the point where none of them can be arsed to put a shift in anymore. He seems to have singled out Micah Richards as the only player responsible for the Liverpool charade, and completely shut Grealish out in the cold (I don't see the hype with Grealish but Christ when results are going as they are....you utilise every player you have surely to try and change things)?
His persistence in picking Bacuna is simply inexplicable, from looking useful a few weeks ago Veretout now looks like a total donkey and really needs to be left out for a while....but he plays every game! Westwood is bad enough in the role he has played since he came to us, but Garde now seems to be using him on the left of midfield....wtf?
We need to try and win every game....yet the only forward player we have had available lately that puts a shift in is Sinclair...he may lack in ability at times, but he tries....but Garde continually leaves him out and selects Gabby....who hadn't had a look in since the day Garde came in!
We had a striker on the bench on Saturday whose only strength is heading the ball. We are playing a team whose main centre back was out...a team that have struggled all season without said centre back, now Gestede is crap but at least he gives us a plan B....but Garde waits until the last 10 mins to put him on...and guess what, he creates enough havoc for us to score a goal! Why wasn't he brought on at half time for gods sake? what was he waiting for? He is just too negative a manager....and when the team are struggling for confidence, that attitude does not help at all.
We are a crap footballing side. We don't have the ability, the intelligence or the movement to open teams up through midfield. We cannot create and we don't have anyone that can shoot from distance....so here's a thought, do as Sherwood did and put the big man up there and knock it in to him....get players around him and feed off the scraps. Bypass the midfield totally as they are (to a man) useless. Maybe, just maybe we will start to scrap a few points that way!

That is exactly my take on things as well.
achilles
achilles

Rant time - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Bang on the money T2.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Rant time - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:22 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
smetro wrote:

Yes I think Garde has done so poorly, that people are thinking there must be more to him, but we are yet to see it.
I don't - he looks like what he is - a rookie manager, plunged into an elite league, with no experience or track record of handling such a situation - and surprise,surprise he is floundering badly !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:39 am

I just wanna go on record and say that i hate the birmingham mail with a passion.

just watched 2x videos both about 50 seconds long and had to sit through a 30 second poxy advert for both, not only that the sound for the ads was 10 times louder then the vids i wanted to watch so had to keep turning the sound up and down.................stupid bluenose scumbag titbrained useless rag............FUCK OFF.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:14 am

4BetLite wrote:I just wanna go on record and say that i hate the birmingham mail with a passion.

just watched 2x videos both about 50 seconds long and had to sit through a 30 second poxy advert for both, not only that the sound for the ads was 10 times louder then the vids i wanted to watch so had to keep turning the sound up and down.................stupid bluenose scumbag titbrained useless rag............FUCK OFF.
lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:40 am

Don't hold back...tell us what you REALLY think! Laughing Laughing
WendyOz
WendyOz

Rant time - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:20 pm

It's at times like these I wish it was a German club we supported. Rants like that are always better in German.
Trotters
Trotters

Rant time - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:36 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-first-team-squad-11190145

One of the most disgusting articles I've read.

Spineless caretaker manager cannot deal with spineless players.

Just how the hell is it they're allowed to give up because their destiny is if their own making yet their contracts are not affected?

Football really is in a terrible state.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:14 am

the whole lot should be put up against a wall tonight and .......... fucking shot.......... but not by Gabby the fat cross eyed bastard would miss
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:52 am

WendyOz wrote:Don't hold back...tell us what you REALLY think! Laughing Laughing

Please accept my sincerest apologies Wendy, I really do swear too much lately, which should not happen in the presence of a lady, but you see, I'm finding this season a little stressful.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:08 am

I think the swearing ratio is up in most claret and blue households mate. Swearing or not, you're spot on about the mail!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Bham Mail wrote:Out-of-shape club captain Gabby Agbonlahor appears to have thrown in the towel and will only feature again if he shows an improvement during a two-week personal fitness plan.

And Black reckons other players may also surrender once relegation is confirmed.

They may surrender once relegation is confirmed?? Is the situation we are in a result of this team trying? If so, I dread to think what will happen if theyre not trying..
We have lost 6-0, 4-0 three times, conceded 3 on 6 seperate occasions this season.. What will happen when they give up? The 1st time a team concedes 10 in a Premier League game? Could easily happen. Could be today.
Man Utd are 150/1 to win 7-0. 60/1 for 6-0. I am surprised they are such long odds. 10-0 is 500/1

Pathetic bunch we have here. Absolutely f*cking pathetic. These lot should be ashamed of themselves. I couldnt give a sh!t where any single player goes after this season. I hope their careers fail miserably and this plays on their mind whilst they struggle to find a club in France amateur league.

Sack them all. Every single one.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:42 pm

How the hell can Eric black come out after the game and say the players tried to build bridges today with the performance they put in and the attitude they showed ??
We LOST Ffs and have been RELEGATED. !!!!!
This kind of statement just shows how inept this club had become.

Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:04 am

FFS I don't know what to do with me self, I'm sick of this shit.

Sat infront of laptop scratching me head in disbelief.

I wanna watch the last episode of Better Call Saul but wont be able to focus on it.

COME ON MAN ITS ONLY FOOTBALL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:06 am

Hahahahaha. I've put off watching Saul too. Waiting for the resignation of Hollis and Little.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2