The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Out the door on 74 - protest

+23
andrew24561
mefromhere
ember
Leafs1201
The Utterer
Villa jimmy
Thinman
Terry Derry
jeffvilla
Rawlie
EbeneezerGoode
FoxyAV
tonyp
achilles
Villa_Dan
Con
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
villan007
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
smetro
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 Empty Re: Out the door on 74 - protest

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:05 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Staying behind after the final whistle against Tottenham....a live Sky Sports game.....with 20,000 odd people singing that song would be a significant protest in my view....that would be beamed across Europe surely?

Great idea but to work it would need to get attention outside the forum.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
Terry Derry wrote:http://thebirminghampress.com/2016/02/the-long-goodbye-2/

H&V finally jump on the bandwagon. FFS!

And now hes suggesting we start a AFC Villa of Aston breakaway club!! What the fuck is that about???

I found that utterly ridiculous!
achilles
achilles

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 pm

achilles wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:

And now hes suggesting we start a AFC Villa of Aston breakaway club!! What the fuck is that about???

Yes - getting a bit carried away.

Unless he knows something we don't - IE the only club to do this were Wimbledon

When the owner wanted to re locate the club miles away ? - [who would rule that out - with the current clowns we have in charge ?]
smetro
smetro

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:30 pm

smetro wrote:
achilles wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:

Yes - getting a bit carried away.

Unless he knows something we don't - IE the only club to do this were Wimbledon

When the owner wanted to re locate the club miles away ? - [who would rule that out - with the current clowns we have in charge ?]

The only reason this hasn't happened is the value of land in B6 compared to SW19.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:32 pm

On the other hand Villa Park could presumably be sold like the Ricoh was. We might be able to fill Bodymoor for home matches.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:45 pm

achilles wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:

Anything to muddy the waters after years of toeing the party line. Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 1715320296
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:13 pm

To me it seems the protest was a complete failure

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:21 pm

It made the media, so it was a success - it was never going to lead to sackings/new ownership/squad transplant. We need to keep the pundits talking about how bad things are OFF the pitch rather than just on it.

What next? How about: show your bum at 71...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:It made the media, so it was a success - it was never going to lead to sackings/new ownership/squad transplant. We need to keep the pundits talking about how bad things are OFF the pitch rather than just on it.

What next? How about: show your bum at 71...

Well if you believe what you read in tommorows papers, Fox, Riley , amstaad, are all to depart imminently.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Yes, if this report is to be believed Fox, Riley and Almstadt are all dead men walking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3473799/Aston-Villa-senior-staff-pay-price-club-s-disastrous-Premier-League-season.html

I can certainly believe there will be wholesale changes, how can there not be? It would seem logical Hollis and King have been brought in to really clean the stables. It might be the only question being how much longer the useless shitcunts get to keep their jobs and how many of them get turfed out.

Those three wankers can't keep their job in any sane world but who else is likely to get the bullet?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:58 pm

ember wrote:Yes, if this report is to be believed Fox, Riley and Almstadt are all dead men walking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3473799/Aston-Villa-senior-staff-pay-price-club-s-disastrous-Premier-League-season.html

I can certainly believe there will be wholesale changes, how can there not be? It would seem logical Hollis and King have been brought in to really clean the stables. It might be the only question being how much longer the useless shitcunts get to keep their jobs and how many of them get turfed out.

Those three wankers can't keep their job in any sane world but who else is likely to get the bullet?

No quotes - but Im even more convinced that the 3 mentioned will go. I Wouldn't be surprised if Fox goes before the next home game - hes not going to want to sit through that again - and if he is going at seasons whats the point.

The club have to be seen to be doing something - Indeed going into next season with the same structure in place, would be to much for me to take. Sure wed like a new owner - but failing that we need a glimmer that things can be different next season.

I beleive Garde will go as well. For me I beleive the club will go for either Pearson or Rowett.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:25 am

I'd actually cheer up a bit of those 3 shitcunts were given the boot. They are stealing a leaving just like Gabby and Bacuna. Bin those 5 and I might start to have some faith in those at the top to fix Lerner's mess
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:13 am

What I don't understand is why the club need all these clowns in the administration. I know I'm a simple man. I generally dislike brokers, bankers and fuckers that spend more time on buying hair gel that doing something useful.

I've worked as an engineer in a consultancy firm my entire life and that's all I know, but in my way of thinking the reward, pay, salary, bonuses, position, title should reflect the profits made by the product you sell. I know this is very simplistic, but I am very simple minded.

When you are the worst team in the league with a gazillion twats in the administration making more money than most of us a year, then something is weird. This is something you do when you have fuck all clue about what you're doing, or you're doing something people shouldn't know you're doing.

All in all my only conclusion is that it's all a plot from Lerner to asset strip the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:36 am

Joppe84 wrote:What I don't understand is why the club need all these clowns in the administration. I know I'm a simple man. I generally dislike brokers, bankers and fuckers that spend more time on buying hair gel that doing something useful.

I've worked as an engineer in a consultancy firm my entire life and that's all I know, but in my way of thinking the reward, pay, salary, bonuses, position, title should reflect the profits made by the product you sell. I know this is very simplistic, but I am very simple minded.

When you are the worst team in the league with a gazillion twats in the administration making more money than most of us a year, then something is weird. This is something you do when you have fuck all clue about what you're doing, or you're doing something people shouldn't know you're doing.

All in all my only conclusion is that it's all a plot from Lerner to asset strip the club.

To be fair Tom Fox looked a good prospect when he first arrived. However he didn't step up to the plate - then realising he was out his depth sought to surround himself with people to do bits of the job he was supposed to be doing. His two managerial appointments were very lazy.
Overall he's sat there on £1m a year and done very little - and what little he has done has been wrong.....

Sure there were problems before he arrived - but the decline has accelerated under his watch.

I am hoping the departure of Fox and co will lead to the appointment of a proper manager - who has total control of the playing side of things - sure there's limits on wages and fee's - thats only sensible. But lets keep the structure simple so we know who is responsible for what.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:52 am

I'd like us to get a new owner, anything else is just pointless. It's like treating cancer with Paracetamol.

IF we get a new owner I'd like to see a person like Platt, Gregory, Little, anyone with a Villa connection and passion to walk in as a CEO. Then I'd like to see an English manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 am

Joppe84 wrote:I'd like us to get a new owner, anything else is just pointless. It's like treating cancer with Paracetamol.

IF we get a new owner I'd like to see a person like Platt, Gregory, Little, anyone with a Villa connection and passion to walk in as a CEO. Then I'd like to see an English manager.

Yes - I think we would all like a new owner. I heard HH on the radio the other night - and he was saying there just isn't anyone credible interested in buying villa.

To be fair if Lerner stays in the background - and we get a decent CEO in - I see no reason why we can't have a good season next season.

I think we will appoint a manager with a solid record in the championship - the last two 'punts' on a rookie coming good - have backfired badly. I think Hollis will go for a more proven appointment.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:41 am

smetro wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I'd like us to get a new owner, anything else is just pointless. It's like treating cancer with Paracetamol.

Yes - I think we would all like a new owner. I heard HH on the radio the other night - and he was saying there just isn't anyone credible interested in buying villa.

To be fair if Lerner stays in the background - and we get a decent CEO in - I see no reason why we can't have a good season next season.

I think we will appoint a manager with a solid record in the championship - the last two 'punts' on a rookie coming good - have backfired badly. I think Hollis will go for a more proven appointment.

Agreed. Lerner can stay the (distant) owner if the right people are actually running the club - better the devil you know in that respect. I was willing to give Fox a chance - he finally called time on Lambert for a start - but for all the impressive talk about plans etc it's quite obvious that not only has nothing positive come out of his reign, but he has overseen the worst few months the club has ever seen - putting faith in Sherwood (sorry, but I never saw him as more than a motivator), curious sponsorship dealings & naive transfer management. And now we hear that the behind-the-scenes staffing level has been swelling & in need of capping & even the long-term staff say that the place is badly run.

Conversely, Hollis got off to a bad start by pretty much saying all the WRONG things. However, if he manages to get the club run by people who have the level of experience & knowledge befitting a club of our size & history then I'll be eternally grateful. The cheap-but-promising recruitment policy is a gamble on the pitch but it has proved to be disastrous off of it.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:30 pm

I just cant believe how bad things have become, it really is upsetting, I will happily remove that villa tattoo on randys leg with a blunt and rusty butter knife. ah well, at least 3 points are coming on Saturday Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 226846862

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
smetro wrote:

Agreed. Lerner can stay the (distant) owner if the right people are actually running the club - better the devil you know in that respect. I was willing to give Fox a chance - he finally called time on Lambert for a start - but for all the impressive talk about plans etc it's quite obvious that not only has nothing positive come out of his reign, but he has overseen the worst few months the club has ever seen - putting faith in Sherwood (sorry, but I never saw him as more than a motivator), curious sponsorship dealings & naive transfer management. And now we hear that the behind-the-scenes staffing level has been swelling & in need of capping & even the long-term staff say that the place is badly run.

Conversely, Hollis got off to a bad start by pretty much saying all the WRONG things. However, if he manages to get the club run by people who have the level of experience & knowledge befitting a club of our size & history then I'll be eternally grateful. The cheap-but-promising recruitment policy is a gamble on the pitch but it has proved to be disastrous off of it.

Pretty much spot DBH.

I think Hollis realises he said the wrong things - and has kept quiet since.

Dire as things are at the moment. I believe we have a lot of things in our favour to get out of the championship at the first attempt. The managers position is key here though.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:40 pm

smetro wrote:

Firstly, there's always someone willing to buy AVFC, it's just a matter of whether we're being priced out of the move.

Secondly, no we wouldn't have a good season. He's proven time and again that he won't spend cash, he won't pay the wages required to be competitive. He will sell anyone we have that perform well in the January window if offers come in. That's where we're at.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:

Firstly, there's always someone willing to buy AVFC, it's just a matter of whether we're being priced out of the move.

Secondly, no we wouldn't have a good season. He's proven time and again that he won't spend cash, he won't pay the wages required to be competitive. He will sell anyone we have that perform well in the January window if offers come in. That's where we're at.

There are clubs that don't pay big fees - big wages but are happily sitting mid table in the prem at the moment.

With a decent manager - Id be pretty confident we can have a good season next year. I don't think it needs an awful lot to be competitive in that division.

Sure I d rather have new owners- but if we don't lets hope we can put a winning side out next season.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:23 pm

The key to me in all this is Hollis, if he really is the CEO and makes the decisions (without Lerner getting involved) then just maybe we might have a chance. I am willing to give him that chance because basically it is all we have got because the alternative is not very palatable at all!
achilles
achilles

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm

achilles wrote:The key to me in all this is Hollis, if he really is the CEO and makes the decisions (without Lerner getting involved) then just maybe we might have a chance. I am willing to give him that chance because basically it is all we have got because the alternative is not very palatable at all!

I'd agree. As Dions_Bald_Head stated, he did indeed come in and say all the wrong things. He was like the Antisherwood. There were plenty who weren't happy with Sherwood coming in but he did have a good spiel and was engaging. The fact is, he was saying many of the right things but it was all empty talk.

The Antisherwood himself arrived around a year later. Came in, opened mouth, inserted foot and vomited corporate-speak bullshit around it and united many and disparate minds into one thought: "Bean-counter shitwipe, another one to help bale water into the sinking ship".

Now, however, with Sir Mervyn King coming aboard I'm starting to wonder. Those two appointments were a sponsored coup d'etat by Lerner on his own club. He doesn't have the spine or the brain to do his own dirty work but I think he may just have brought Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday into Tombstone. Let's be clear, Fox got demoted with Hollis' arrival, Hollis has replaced Lerner in the hierarchy. Fox doesn't talk to Lerner any more, he talks to Hollis. He also isn't even number two in the hierarchy, he has had a double demotion by King's arrival.

You don't bring in a big beast like King to sit at board meetings, drink coffee and nod at Fox's wisdom. Oh no. I think those pair are going to remove many of the not-fit-for purpose employees - and we have plenty of those - starting with Larry, Curly and Mo.

Or possibly I'm experiencing Stockholm Syndrome. Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 3 226846862
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:07 pm

achilles wrote:The key to me in all this is Hollis, if he really is the CEO and makes the decisions (without Lerner getting involved) then just maybe we might have a chance. I am willing to give him that chance because basically it is all we have got because the alternative is not very palatable at all!

We just have to hope Hollis is good. Im hoping for a complete clearout from Tom Fox down to Remi. Lets get a manager in pretty sharply at the end of the season - give the manager complete control of the playing side of things ...and take it from there.

Things are pretty shite at the moment - but lets not forget - we are going to be the biggest club in that division by some distance - we should be able to attract a proven championship manager. My advice to Hollis would be to keep it simple - forget 5 years players and complex club restructures - lets 100% concentrate on putting the best team on the pitch next season , lets see where that takes us....

Its always better to be a big fish in a small pond - and next season we will be a whale in a f****n bucket !

UTV - There is hope....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:08 pm

how the hell have those sugarbags not been sacked yet?
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum