The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Out the door on 74 - protest

+23
andrew24561
mefromhere
ember
Leafs1201
The Utterer
Villa jimmy
Thinman
Terry Derry
jeffvilla
Rawlie
EbeneezerGoode
FoxyAV
tonyp
achilles
Villa_Dan
Con
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
villan007
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
smetro
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 Empty Re: Out the door on 74 - protest

Post by mefromhere Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:49 pm

How about an all white shirt protest. Easier to convince people to do than leave a game they've paid for and an all white Holte end would be visually impressive in front of the cameras next Sunday.

We surrender!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:37 am

mefromhere wrote:How about an all white shirt protest. Easier to convince people to do than leave a game they've paid for and an all white Holte end would be visually impressive in front of the cameras next Sunday.

We surrender!

good idea except were playing Spuds who happen to play in white and therefore might be misconstrued as support for the opposition.
andrew24561
andrew24561

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:32 pm

The best protest we can possibly make is to stay away. A completely empty Villa Park would be far more deafening than this 74 bullshit. I'd argue almost anything would be better than this 74 stuff. Including the white shirt idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Any protest is valid. It shows discontent, some will vote with their feet, some will boo, some will walk on 74 how can any of it be bullshit.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:57 am

It's bullshit cause you're not achieving anything. You are not in or out. You're not supporting the team through the 90 minutes and you are still giving Lerner match day money. It's simply isn't thought through in my book

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 am

Suggesting a protest is the easy bit.
The trick is getting the thing up and running.
smetro
smetro

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 am

People won't boycott on the whole. I won't - because I am already paying my season ticket money into Lerner's pocket so my not going deprives him of nothing, he's not there either! 

An easier protest to get accepted is one which doesn't involve people leaving or walking out. Which is why I keep pushing people abusing Fox and the board, offering the players no support but equally not slating them, focusing everything at the game towards those at the top. They won't chuck everyone out, the risk of them trying it would be shot down by the plod. Then have everyone refuse to leave the ground after the final whistle and continue the abuse. People are more apt to get swept up with people chanting and having an anti-Lerner party than they would be walk out or not turn up
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix999 Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 am

How about everyone turn up in full kit, and make a gesture that if you won't put the effort in one of us will easily fill your position
Nix999

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Nix999 wrote:How about everyone turn up in full kit, and make a gesture that if you won't put the effort in one of us will easily fill your position

We could all run onto the pitch - it would take them ages to sort out which of us were the fans & which were the players. lol!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
Nix999 wrote:How about everyone turn up in full kit, and make a gesture that if you won't put the effort in one of us will easily fill your position

We could all run onto the pitch - it would take them ages to sort out which of us were the fans & which were the players. lol!

Do this and make sure everyone keeps their hands on their hips while doing fuck all... They'd never find Agbonlahor ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:09 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
villan007 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Stupid protest if you ask me.....the '74' thing is just ridiculous!

Would be far better to protest outside the ground and boycott the game if that's what you wanna do. Would only take a call to ITV or the Beeb and the local cameras would be all over it.

Let's be honest, will anyone even notice a few hundred keyboard warriors leaving with 16 mins left? Thousands do that every game to 'beat the traffic'.

FYI Hes answering questions to fans just like you. That want nothing more than to slag their own fans off who are trying to do something. You're the very definition of a keyboard warrior.

He is also on SKY. You can watch is interview.

What is it you're doing out of interest, apart from slagging Villa fans that have simply had enough, and trying to make a difference?

LOL that's me told!

Are you allowed to go to midweek games on a school night?

Don't forget your hoody with the goggles built in lol!

Brilliant unoriginal response....figures.

How's your protest going? What ideas have you come up with? thought so.

Why don't you call me a bluenose and complete the set menu?
villan007

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:10 am

So many good ideas in here, they should really take off!

In the meantime OTD74 goes global, making every paper.

Carry on slagging off your own. Good lads.
villan007

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:59 am

villan007 wrote:Carry on slagging off your own. Good lads.

Calm down princess, I haven't seen many people slagging off our own fans. Even if they disagree with the protest they aren't attacking the fans themselves. 

I didn't walk out and I won't. Doesn't mean I'm slating those who do, if anything I've voiced my support for the attention they've garnered. I just think a protest should be in a different form
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:56 am

I walked out v Everton - I can't make the spurs the game - but would do so again.

However I respect those that don't want to join the protest - it has to be your choice, name calling because you do or do not walk out achieves nothing.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:07 am

I prefer the randy learner song sung from start to finish. Also with a smattering of tom fox what a w****r injected in. If nothing else it will make the buffoons at the top realise what a bunch of money grabbing imbecilic moron  they are.  Make them feel uncomfortable for as long as possible. . Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 1375627042 Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 1375627042 Bash
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:20 pm

As stated before, I have already paid for my season ticket, so I wont walk out, I wouldn't anyway, but if that's what people want to do, its their choice.

My motto, "Support the team, not the regime"

We do need restructuring from top to bottom though, we need a spine of experienced British players next year with experience of the Championship & hopefully a few of our youngsters will have time to flourish, I have heard positive things about Andre Green for instance.
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:11 am

Out the door on 74 has now been suspended after the appointment of Brian Little.

Honestly it's a joke. Half baked to start with, now stopped but with plans to restart it for the following home game. Mike McKenna is all over the road like a mad woman's dinner.
Trotters
Trotters

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:18 am

That's buggered up my plans to sell Burberry scarves with Out The Door on them. Wish these people would make their minds up.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:40 am

So Brian Little will solve all the problems in his advisory capacity, it is like a pantomime down there in relation to any protests! 🤦
achilles
achilles

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Trotters wrote:Out the door on 74 has now been suspended after the appointment of Brian Little.

Honestly it's a joke. Half baked to start with, now stopped but with plans to restart it for the following home game. Mike McKenna is all over the road like a mad woman's dinner.

I think it is fucking ridiculous that they call a halt to it based on the appointment of 1 advisor. Total sentimental bollocks that they've fallen for. I might not have been taking part but I want protests at all times until things are truly improved, not forgotten about as soon as a little bit of PR tickles their heart strings

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:21 am

Ok so this post is not about out the door , but it is about protesting. It now appears that as a villa fan we cannot put up posters saying learner out. I saw all be from a distance the learner out poster being ripped out of the fans hand after it was thrown to his mate. Surely this is an  assault on our fans. We live in a democracy flawed that it may be but it works. This includes freedom of speech and the right to protest.
Tom Fox and his money grabbing henchmen may believe that our rights as villa supporter are null and void because we are in the place we love and do not have the right to have our say. Well Mr Fox we live in great Britain and we have rights. This is the right to free speech the right to protest. Keep the poster keep up the singing villa fan because Mr Fox and the inept henchmen will be out at the end of the  season. With I hope a P45 and no golden handshake.
Villa Till I Die Mr Fox Villa Till Die.
Just a note saying that trying to keep 35000 fans quiet is like wrestling a pig, you are just getting dirty, whilst the pig is loving rolling about in the mud.  Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 am

Them taking the banner off those in the North Stand may just mobilise people more. Terribly stupid and short-sighted by the club. 

I hope we see banners in every corner of the ground for the Chelsea match, and I hope we see Fox's rent-a-mob shouted down by the Villa fans. 

The police won't support any actions by stewards which could insight trouble - meaning if we all are involved in holding banners and removing them runs a risk of it kicking off then they won't back the high-vis wankers
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 am

It sums up just how much the club is out of touch with its 'customers'! Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 1715320296
achilles
achilles

Out the door on 74 - protest  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:20 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:Out the door on 74 has now been suspended after the appointment of Brian Little.

I think it is fucking ridiculous that they call a halt to it based on the appointment of 1 advisor. Total sentimental bollocks that they've fallen for. I might not have been taking part but I want protests at all times until things are truly improved, not forgotten about as soon as a little bit of PR tickles their heart strings

Couldn't agree more. What a pathetic response to a doomed PR stunt by that 'rent an accountant' Hollis.

Little is not a board member. He is an advisor who will be marginalised and ignored by the plethora of non-football folk.

Call off the protests only when Fox, Riley and Almstadt are gone.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:58 pm

The OTD74 was a good idea but was never really gonna work unless you got everybody on board, regardless if you have brought at ticket or a season ticket surely if 20000 people all walked out together it would be worth the ticket money alone, now I'm not saying if you don't walk it's wrong, but for any protest to work it needs all the fans to unite, now I haven't been to VP in 3 years as I said then I wouldn't use anymore of my time,effort or money on Randy Lerner or the gutless money grabbing players. Now this is not about who's the better fan, as if there was to be a major protest and it was arranged say a full stadium walk out by the whole of the villa faithful then I'd even make the 200 odd mile round journey and buy a ticket to join in.

Maybe what happen to the fans with banners at the weekend will unite us all to stand together and finally take back our club, we may not be able to buy it back but if we all stick together and protest as 1 the media will love it and maybe just maybe it will bring on enough shame to the powers that be, they will get the drift that we will take our club back if they like it or not.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4