The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde

+18
avfc85
Con
achilles
KMitch
Synopsis
villajk
andrew24561
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
The Utterer
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
Trotters
FoxyAV
ember
ViewFromT2
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 Empty Re: “I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde

Post by Dazzle Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:09 am

I think everyone simply needs to realise the quality isn't there. I had hope that the players that were purchased in the summer would throw up 2-3, maybe 4 that would be good enough to lift us up the league. As it has turned out we can only reasonably say that 1 has turned out looking decent, Ayew. The rest (injury victims Amavi and Traore excluded) have proven simply not good enough for what is required in the premier league. We all knew Garde had identified more quality was needed and he had put in his wish list pre-January, all for players that we had identified we needed, ie GK, Striker, midfield. That the club screwed the manager over by signing not a single player is not Gardes faulty, I'm astounded he didn't walk at that point knowing he was flogging a dead horse. Not one player is looking like dragging results out for the team, not a single player. Not a leader amongst them, all weak and meekly letting games pass by them. When your entire transfer policy appears to be about stats and potential resale profit then this season is what can happen.
Dazzle
Dazzle

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 Empty Re: “I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:09 am

Thinman wrote:I'm afraid that Garde went right down on my estimation when I saw the team sheet on Saturday.

How could he justify playing Bacuna after his recent woeful performances? I know he scored but he dud precious little else.

Just empty words from Garde I'm afraid.

Spot on. The thin sliver of respect I still had for him evaporated at 2pm on Saturday afternoon. What an idiot!!

And then to not make a change until the game is as good as over once again proved that his in game management is every bit as poor as Sherwood and Lambert before him.

Yes he is a lovely bloke. Great!...put him on tv then....he is no premier league manager that's for sure!

We couldn't do any worse if we had NO MANAGER for the rest of the season.....just get rid of the useless idiot now!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:15 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Finding 11 players to fight eh? Not happening so far as far as i can see.
You mean Ayew is our guy ?
féliré
féliré

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:08 pm

i dont think these bunch of clowns know the word "fight"
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:39 am

They're limited as individuals and they are limited as a team.

At what stage will Remi bring in a hefty number of U21's to at least give the crowd something to support? These wankers (a few exceptions aside) don't deserve the backing of the fans. And don't deserve the opportunity to wear the shirt again.
Trotters
Trotters

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:52 pm

One could never describe Remi of being a strong manager, he is as weak as shit, absolutely clueless!
achilles
achilles

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:55 pm

If hes looking for 11 who will try and fight why is the 11 he has found the same one which has shown no fight for months?? Garde is full of merde.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:59 pm

I think pretty much the whole squad and the manager have lost confidence. I don't know what they teach you at managerial school but it's not how to try to create a team from what we have available at Villa now and get them to play without making stupid mistakes. Saying that I'm still firmly of the opinion that a 4-4-2 is our best chance, and wasted shirts (think Gabby, Bacuna and recently Westwood) are pointless.

Bunn
Hutton - Okore - Clark - Cissokho
Gil/Academy - Veretout - Gana - Sinclair
Ayew - Gestede

Stop screwing around with the team (unless injured), play something simple, remove Richards and Lescott from the equation and the aforementioned wastes of shirts.

I thought Garde was doing ok when he started but the more I see him mess with the starting 11 the more I see what Sherwood was doing every match, trying to work out what team to start. I wonder if it's a confidence thing with the manager?

How does everyone feel about relegation as opposed to scraping it through in 17th place for another year of this? Do we see what scraps Lerner chucks whoever the manager is in June, once any player with an ounce of sense leaves to try to restart their career and we buy in players with no other option whatsoever? Or is relegation the best option, so we lose a load of dross and can rebuild with new manager (I'm assuming Garde will go one way or another) with even less money from Lerner, and struggle in the Championship for however long it takes. However long it takes to do what, I'm not sure. I saw the club selling off old team pictures on eBay and a new slogan 'No History - No Future' sprang to mind.

For me, I'm afraid we have no place propping up the Premier League and being beaten week in, week out by the likes of Stoke and Sunderland and trying to scrape through and not be relegated every season. Sure, there's a good chance we'll get beaten week in, week out by everyone in the Championship but this needs to play itself out and one way or another Lerner needs to lose control of the club.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:06 pm

I agree that this scenario needs to play out with all the dire consequences it may curtail, as we have stunk out the PL for far too long and the bottom line is we just aren't good enough to stay in the PL!
achilles
achilles

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm

If we continue as we are we will be relegated from the Championship next season too. We should have started to prepare for the Championship in January when it was apparent to the world and his dog we were going down.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:27 pm

bruka wrote:If we continue as we are we will be relegated from the Championship next season too. We should have started to prepare for the Championship in January when it was apparent to the world and his dog we were going down.

You said that with your football hat on. Remember we're being run by accountants. They started planning for the Championship by working out which staff to lay off and selling off anything that showed us winning anything:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Prints-Pictures-/53620/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_nkw=aston+villa+league+cup+winners&saveon=2
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

“I will now find 11 players who are ready to fight.” - Remi Garde - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:00 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
bruka wrote:If we continue as we are we will be relegated from the Championship next season too. We should have started to prepare for the Championship in January when it was apparent to the world and his dog we were going down.

You said that with your football hat on. Remember we're being run by accountants. They started planning for the Championship by working out which staff to lay off and selling off anything that showed us winning anything:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Prints-Pictures-/53620/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_nkw=aston+villa+league+cup+winners&saveon=2

I find that extremely sad, unless they have multiple copies?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3