The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Newcastle V Aston Villa

+24
Dek of Villa
Army villain
achilles
Villa_Dan
Mazrim
Synopsis
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
KMitch
mefromhere
kimbo
CoE82
ViewFromT2
VillaBill
Thinman
villabromsgrove
Gracon73
FoxyAV
Rattler
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
Trotters
lukevilla
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Synopsis Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:30 am

Kinsella is a decent enough player, but much like everyone from our academy in recent years he is just another championship/league one level of player. I think others are right and that he will go with Baker on the left and Bacuna on the right. Personally I wouldn't give any of them the armband but I guess Clark or Baker are the obvious choices, maybe Delph, however none of them have proved they're actually up for fighting off relegation regardless of how many scripted player interviews the clubs PR dept release saying otherwise.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 am

A defeat is unthinkable but I wouldn't be surprised if we did lose!?

I would love to beat those over-sensitive, fat beer-bellied fools up there though and for them to STILL carry a grudge about the Villa and only reinforced by their gobby manager ( playing to the gallery ) this week, then please come on Villa and beat them.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRX-8SXOs

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for Villa and I'm feeling good.

Full support for Sherwood's claret and blue army, it's time to start turning the ship round, starting today.
VTID85

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 pm

VILLA: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Lowton, Sinclair, Delph, Cleverley, Westwood, Agbonlahor, Benteke. Subs: Given, Bacuna, Weimann, Sanchez, Gil, N’Zogbia, Grealish.

Initially I thought ... Where's Gil? But last week he didn't keep the shape and width and so today is dropped which is fair enough.Cleverley looked good against Leicester second half and dropping him last week might have been the kick he needed. Sanchez was terrible last week and is rightly dropped for Westwood. Lowton is the most experienced full back we have left so deserves a start, he's attacking and has a point to prove.

I'm backing Tim all over here. Dropping Gabby could have been an option but having the captaincy taken away could also have the same effect

Last edited by mefromhere on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last line)
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:09 pm

And Gabby isn't captain!!! Yes! Timmy Tim has got that spot on
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Don't get Gabby, but it looks tactical and we may be looking to hit at speed on the break (it's where we've been successful before) So whatever the team, let's hope they fight fight fight and come away with the points. Scarf Waving

Ps Big yes to Delph being Captain.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Pretty much the team I would have chosen with the exception of Given for Guzan.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Average start but at least there's attacking intent. More than we've been able to look at for a while
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Can't score and now the defence is creaking. Not much hope is there?
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Yup, not so good at the back but we're giving it a good go at the other end. Our shots on target tally is starting to go up at the very least.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Why do we persist in letting Westood take set pieces?
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:19 pm

I have lost all patience with Westwoods consistently useless set piece deliveries. Our general all round poor delivery into the penalty will be the reason this club gets relegated. I can't see a way out, it's all just so poor and i don't see a single player putting his hand up to drag a result out of us.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:10 pm

We deserved something out of this game, but how the hell do you get a result when you can't score?

I said yesterday that I couldn't imagine the Villa scoring process, and it seems that applies to the players as well. Very sad days!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:58 pm

We are so doomed
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Sadly the writing is on the wall, our days in the PL are nearly over and sadly our players don't give a shit!
achilles
achilles

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:17 pm

achilles wrote:Sadly the writing is on the wall, our days in the PL are nearly over and sadly our players don't give a shit!

I'd say the majority do give a shit, they fought and battled today (albeit to no avail) it wasn't a lack of effort, it was just we're not very good imo The only person I'd single out as not seemingly giving a damn is Mr Aston Villa Gabby, how this man has been picked by 5 consecutive managers will remain a mystery to me forever. He hasn't given one ounce of a damn for a few seasons now. He infuriates me the most, as HE should get it, he should be scrapping for everything, yet every week he struts around, doing very little and nearly always one of the first off the pitch at the end. Mr Aston Villa my arse....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Gabby can literally fuck off. Our problem today, IMO, was we didn't stop Newcastle crossing into the box, especially down our left.

Oh well, we're probably going down. I'm off out in Newcastle to get pissed
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Let me be the silver lining to your clouds everybody!!!

Today we created chances, made meaningful passes in the final third, had the ball in the net twice, pass and move has been learnt by at least 2 players, Benteke made a contribution to our play today.

How many of those things have happened in one game pre-Sherwood? He is making progress, it might not be fast enough but it is there and we are still no worse off than we were at the start of the day. Bring on the Baggies!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 pm

mefromhere wrote:Let me be the silver lining to your clouds everybody!!!

Today we created chances, made meaningful passes in the final third, had the ball in the net twice, pass and move has been learnt by at least 2 players, Benteke made a contribution to our play today.

How many of those things have happened in one game pre-Sherwood? He is making progress, it might not be fast enough but it is there and we are still no worse off than we were at the start of the day. Bring on the Baggies!
You're right but time's running out fast now. If we don't do it this month we're finished because our April/May fixtures look too tough for us.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
achilles wrote:Sadly the writing is on the wall, our days in the PL are nearly over and sadly our players don't give a shit!

I'd say the majority do give a shit, they fought and battled today (albeit to no avail) it wasn't a lack of effort, it was just we're not very good imo The only person I'd single out as not seemingly giving a damn is Mr Aston Villa Gabby, how this man has been picked by 5 consecutive managers will remain a mystery to me forever. He hasn't given one ounce of a damn for a few seasons now. He infuriates me the most, as HE should get it, he should be scrapping for everything, yet every week he struts around, doing very little and nearly always one of the first off the pitch at the end. Mr Aston Villa my arse....

I am afraid utter despair is sinking in!
achilles
achilles

Newcastle V Aston Villa - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am

GadgetMan wrote:

I don't think you are alone in thinking this about Gabby GM.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:03 pm

I thought we were impressive in places and their goalie had to make a few saves. Benteke looks like he's having fun again, he isn't scoring but he made some cracking passes, we just need someone in there playing with him and it's not Gabby. It really isn't. Who was it who said we need Benteke on the end of Benteke's balls? Is Kozak going to be the answer?

I've refrained from blaming Lerner because I've always thought Lambert has been the problem but Lambert should have walked much sooner than this and Sherwood should have had the January window and a big chunk of cash. Gil and Sinclair were very good moves but I wonder how much input Sherwood had into the Bent loan move? Benteke I don't think is the problem, it's the strike partner he currently doesn't have that is.

Remember how we were crying out for help for Benteke? He's getting balls down to players, there's now usually at least one player around him in a position to get the headed or passed ball, we just need someone to do something with it.

I agree about Westwood's corners, he needs to be taken off that duty or that needs to be one of our priorities. Benteke's staying late doing extra striking practice, we need them all staying late working out tactics for corners. Getting the ball past the first man would do.

What's up with Gil? Is he not fit?

We have essentially run out of time but I reckon the display yesterday was a lot better than last week's. I have to say I am resigned to relegation and Lerner getting his just desserts.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum