The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Newcastle V Aston Villa

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by jeffvilla on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Yonks ago :shock:
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 722
Reputation : 396
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by VillaBill on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Was it the day the two Newcastle players started fighting , Bowyer & ????
avatar
VillaBill



Posts : 816
Reputation : 473
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by UnclePanda on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:44 pm

@VillaBill wrote:Was it the day the two Newcastle players started fighting , Bowyer & ????

kieran dyer
na we won that 3-0. i think!
avatar
UnclePanda



Posts : 747
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm trying to find the positivity that I felt a week ago, but I just can't find it as hard as I try..

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by kimbo on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:50 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:I'm trying to find the positivity that I felt a week ago, but I just can't find it as hard as I try..
I'm the same, I believe it's because Stoke were primed for a Villa win.

1) Nothing to play for;
2) Depleted team;
3) They'd just had two consecutive 4-1 defeats including one against Blackburn;
4) First game at Villa Park for a new Villa manager; which
5) Came off the back of a win against Leicester that was inspired by his half-time team talk.

Yet we didn't just not win, we lost, and in farcical fashion.

The fact that Stoke didn't particularly deserve to win makes it even worse in a way; it's almost like, well, we deserved something out of it, but we're that crap that we'll still find a way to lose.

The second half performance was... alarming. But I figured, "Well, okay, we've been on our knees so while it's frustrating, we haven't been beaten and we're out of the bottom thr- VLAAR WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

I've struggled to regain any positive thoughts since then.
avatar
kimbo



Posts : 2204
Reputation : 734
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 pm

@kimbo wrote:VLAAR WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

I've struggled to regain any positive thoughts since then.

Well, for a start Vlaar won't be playing on Saturday!
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2164
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:25 pm

@kimbo wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:I'm trying to find the positivity that I felt a week ago, but I just can't find it as hard as I try..
I'm the same, I believe it's because Stoke were primed for a Villa win.

1) Nothing to play for;
2) Depleted team;
3) They'd just had two consecutive 4-1 defeats including one against Blackburn;
4) First game at Villa Park for a new Villa manager; which
5) Came off the back of a win against Leicester that was inspired by his half-time team talk.

Yet we didn't just not win, we lost, and in farcical fashion.

The fact that Stoke didn't particularly deserve to win makes it even worse in a way; it's almost like, well, we deserved something out of it, but we're that crap that we'll still find a way to lose.

The second half performance was... alarming. But I figured, "Well, okay, we've been on our knees so while it's frustrating, we haven't been beaten and we're out of the bottom thr- VLAAR WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

I've struggled to regain any positive thoughts since then.
At the moment we don't have the guts to win league matches. As you say, we found a way to lose against Stoke even though it looked unlikely. Worrying isn't it.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Trotters on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Clark said in his blog piece that Stokes equaliser was down to a momentary lack of concentration.

But this is the very highest level of football where a moment like that can and will finish you. And I feel it's a hangover from Lambert who never seemed to instill any kind of guts and steel into this side. No determination, no will, no vision, no nothing!

And that's going to be harder to turn around than the lack of pass-and-move football.

But Sherwood is supposed to be an enthusiastic chap. And whilst that will only get you so far for so long before you actually have to start getting better at football, as long as it gets us over the line (I mean, above the line) come the end of the season, that's good enough for me....

....for now.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9683
Reputation : 5309
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 47
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Synopsis on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59 am

Good news is Richardsons injured, but unfortunately Cissokho is an injury doubt too as is Hutton so god knows what we are going to end up with in defence, Zog at left back and Lowton at right back at this rate.
avatar
Synopsis



Posts : 456
Reputation : 466
Join date : 2014-05-16
Location : Dundee

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by mefromhere on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:26 am

He'll go with Baker and Lowton or Bacuna if the full backs don't make it.

The worrying news is that Sherwood said Benteke is breaking the net in training so looks like a poor performance is waiting for us on Saturday!
avatar
mefromhere



Posts : 696
Reputation : 646
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by thegaffer6 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Seen that Carver is still bitter about that day we stuck the final nail in their relegation coffin...a reason to have them all fired up??
avatar
thegaffer6



Posts : 459
Reputation : 307
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 26
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by kimbo on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:48 pm

@thegaffer6 wrote:Seen that Carver is still bitter about that day we stuck the final nail in their relegation coffin...a reason to have them all fired up??
Yeah, I found that to be really petty. I can understand it a bit with the fans (it's not like we don't mention Bradford) but for someone at the club to do it, that's poor.
avatar
kimbo



Posts : 2204
Reputation : 734
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:31 pm

24 hours from now I'm going to be sh*tting myself.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Mazrim on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Sherwood will go with the ones that are responding in training. Who that is remains to be seen.

But I'd guess at Guzan, Hutton, Baker, Clark, Okore, Sanchez, Westwood, Delph, Sinclair, Gil, Benteke.
avatar
Mazrim



Posts : 965
Reputation : 729
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 43
Location : Solihell

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by kimbo on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:12 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:24 hours from now I'm going to be sh*tting myself.
Big night tonight? Drink
avatar
kimbo



Posts : 2204
Reputation : 734
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Villa_Dan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:24 hours from now I'm going to be sh*tting myself.

I won't, I'll be pissed and at St James' Park full of hope!!
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4425
Reputation : 4106
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:56 pm

@kimbo wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:24 hours from now I'm going to be sh*tting myself.
Big night tonight? Drink
A home cooked curry and a few beers, but I'll be fine Very Happy . It'll be Villa supplying the laxative at 3pm tomorrow!

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by achilles on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Its imperative that we get something from this game, if only to try and get some confidence back into the side.
Unfortunately I am beginning to fear the worse, we have to stop losing and be difficult to beat but above everything else we have to SCORE goals!

I am going for a draw, if we lose it won't be the end but it will be another nail in the coffin and there are already too many nails in it for comfort!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2120
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by jeffvilla on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 pm

We have to man up lets go for the win ffs. Ok short on confidence get the first tackle in and make it count. Start winning the second ball, have the shot even if it over or wide. Lets make the day count. VVTID. Scarf Waving
I am cacking myself i want us to win but take a draw. This could be the chance to start the season. Come on you Villa  boys. Dancing Banana
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 722
Reputation : 396
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Army villain on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 am

The nerves are going to be a big part of this game, and conferdence.
We cannot switch off and start looking to get into the dressing room after 45 minutes, play to the whistle.
It's a big game draw or win this game will give the team conferdence and that is what we are lacking at the moment.
I just hope Tim can get this team up for this game come on the villa.
avatar
Army villain



Posts : 492
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:15 am

Lewis Kinsella, a 20-year-old left back from the reserves, could start. I wonder if he's in reserve? As much as I would prefer to see Clark and Okore in the middle, I think I'd rather Baker started with them and Lowton (who has something to prove and who has a wicked cross) unless Kinsella is particularly good and has been training with the first team.

I think on the plus side we have Sinclair and Gil in the team, they're both in form and an actual threat, much more so than Weimann and Gabby have been all season. I'd still like to see Weimann and Benteke playing together up front but I have faith in Sherwood. He doesn't have any time to work out his preferred starting line up though, remember it took Lambert a whole season to work out who went where?
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2164
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by mefromhere on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:44 am

@FoxyAV wrote:Lewis Kinsella, a 20-year-old left back from the reserves, could start. I wonder if he's in reserve? As much as I would prefer to see Clark and Okore in the middle, I think I'd rather Baker started with them and Lowton (who has something to prove and who has a wicked cross) unless Kinsella is particularly good and has been training with the first team.

I think on the plus side we have Sinclair and Gil in the team, they're both in form and an actual threat, much more so than Weimann and Gabby have been all season. I'd still like to see Weimann and Benteke playing together up front but I have faith in Sherwood. He doesn't have any time to work out his preferred starting line up though, remember it took Lambert a whole season to work out who went where?

I would argue it took Lambert 3 seasons and he still didn't have a clue!

Sherwood has moved the reserve team training onto the pitch next to the first team so he can watch them as well as the first team whilst they're training. Isn't it nice to talk about a manager who has good ideas!?
avatar
mefromhere



Posts : 696
Reputation : 646
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by achilles on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:51 am

Just be aware of this if traveling to Newcastle and keep out of trouble:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/nufc-villa-pegida-rally
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2120
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Trotters on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:33 am

Lowton: I don't know whether he doesn't like the Villa or just didn't like Lambert. Either way, I've seen nothing from him in a long time that makes me think he's worth a shot. But if he IS given a go and disappoints, then for me that's him done.

No time for kids now, either. Best players, best positions, well drilled, disciplined and concentrating for the full 90+ minutes. That's what's needed.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9683
Reputation : 5309
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 47
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by achilles on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:52 am

Think I would give Clark the captains armband as he epitomises what is required from the whole team, one of the few who leads by example (i.e. his tackle against Leicester)!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2120
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum