The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

+88
Villa_Dan
KMitch
villajk
WendyOz
thinlizzy
MarvelVillan
bruka
Woody70
danclare82
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Con
DelboyVilla
George
EbeneezerGoode
Synopsis
ember
DN1982
avfcjay
Rawlie
DomAVFC
jeffvilla
4BetLite
FoxyAV
big ming
Terry Derry
Born Under The Holte End
B62 Villa
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
Mr_Spadge
tbarrules
mark_draper
HarryAVFC
AstonThriller
A.V.F.C
Aesorian
RhodyVillan
ejs1111
avfc forever
lukevilla
Dazzle
Desperate Villan
ellisout123
Nix999
snitum
Wookster
therailboy
avfcjoe
Morgan Villa
Sky
Dek of Villa
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
The Great white walnut
NARLA24
mefromhere
Lee hendries tan
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
VTID85
avfc85
De Kuip
boltblaster
Gracon73
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
Mooseman
Chicken
Stratfordvilla
Morpheus
South London Villan
andrew24561
The Utterer
Jo64
Thinman
Mazrim
DaveAV1
Army villain
UnclePanda
Jae1411
thegaffer6
kimbo
gdav
villabromsgrove
VillaBill
GadgetMan
92 posters

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Does Tim Sherwood still have your support?

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_lcap2%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_lcap14%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 12 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_lcap23%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 20 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_lcap60%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 52 ]

Total Votes : 86

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 Empty Re: Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 pm

danclare82 wrote:Got a horrible feeling it will be pearson

I think that as well. I think that would be a mistake with the players we got. I think Moyes would be better then, but I don't think he's interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
danclare82 wrote:Got a horrible feeling it will be pearson

I think that as well. I think that would be a mistake with the players we got. I think Moyes would be better then, but I don't think he's interested.
I think he would be interested but will lerner pay the compensation. Id like to think so considering the money in the prem nxt season but it is lerner were talking about
danclare82
danclare82

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:48 pm

A totally lubricious appointment from the word go - Bentekes goals and Burnley winning at Hull gave the impression that he saved us -
This season totally predictable - the only surprise for me was that we beat Bournemouth.

Really angry that he didn't go after the stoke game - so we could have got Allardyce - But Hey Tom Fox knows best !!!!
smetro
smetro

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Rumours of Remi Garde? I quite like the idea of that. Whether we like it or not, we made a massive gamble on the French league. Having a manager that knows the language and style of play they are used to will be important to make it work. My only question is why didn't we get him in during the summer, but I guess that's mute point. He's also managed Lyon which is a big club, so he isn't a full rookie.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 pm

He was linked with Newcastle. Just read stuff by Micky Quinn who at the time wasn't exactly excited by the prospect. His reasoning largely being he hadn't exactly done a lot at Lyon which was his only managerial job.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Hell of a gamble, if it is true.

Only managed at Lyon and not adverse to walking out if he doesn't get his own way.
achilles
achilles

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Good riddance Sherwood whoever we get surely it has to be better.

I remember reading an article on Barry Fry when he was at the Blouse years ago that described him as - whilst other managers were often looking for the last piece of their jigsaw puzzle - as still looking for his first.

Thats exactly how I felt about Sherwood.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:42 pm

achilles wrote:Hell of a gamble, if it is true.

Only managed at Lyon and not adverse to walking out if he doesn't get his own way.

To be fair lads, I think any manager we could get would be a gamble. ANY. We're a fucking circus and the transfer window is shut.

Moyes is basically another Scot. See Lambert, McLeish and dogshit.  He's been shit in Spain, shit in the biggest club in England. Good at Everton after being allowed 10 years of building.
Pearson has very little to show for except the turn around last year, and he's bat shit loony toons as well.
Sean Dyche. Just yawn. See Paul Lambert.
Warburton. Achieved nothing.
Mourinho. Never managed a club with no money. Shown up for not being ready for a relegation battle by his Chelsea team this year.
Bob Bradley. Never managed a club like this. Norwegian league is a bit different than the PL. See OGS, Solbakken or Deila for that matter with SPL.
Rodgers. Failed with about 10 x our budget. Got outsmarted by Sherwood which takes some doing. Another chancer.

It really doesn't matter what the name of the person is. We just have to get the best person suited for the job at hand, both in terms of league position but also in terms of what players we got. I think a French manager is a smart way to go about it, but the results will show.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

To be fair lads, I think any manager we could get would be a gamble. ANY. We're a fucking circus and the transfer window is shut.

Moyes is basically another Scot. See Lambert, McLeish and dogshit.  He's been shit in Spain, shit in the biggest club in England. Good at Everton after being allowed 10 years of building.
Pearson has very little to show for except the turn around last year, and he's bat shit loony toons as well.
Mourinho. Never managed a club with no money. Shown up for not being ready for a relegation battle by his Chelsea team this year.
Bob Bradley. Never managed a club like this. Norwegian league is a bit different than the PL. See OGS, Solbakken or Deila for that matter with SPL.
Rodgers. Failed with about 10 x our budget. Got outsmarted by Sherwood which takes some doing. Another chancer.

It really doesn't matter what the name of the person is. We just have to get the best person suited for the job at hand, both in terms of league position but also in terms of what players we got. I think a French manager is a smart way to go about it, but the results will show.

Agreed, we are a total mess, just about anybody would be a risk but on the basis of the law of averages the board has to get it right one day... haven't they?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:33 pm

achilles wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

Agreed, we are a total mess, just about anybody would be a risk but on the basis of the law of averages the board has to get it right one day... haven't they?

Wasn't that how Sherwood selected his starting 11?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:37 pm

achilles wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

you're assuming no bias eh lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:42 pm

I have to be honest, I'm completely relieved that Sherwood has gone, every week I was questioning the team and not just by 1 or 2 players, the formations baffled me and the style of football quickly faded, he seemed the Southampton and the Leicester game had knocked the stuffing out of him and simply had no ideas to change our fortunes.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:46 pm

I could have accepted him staying on if he had just shown some patience and stuck by the same team from match to match. Give the young players some confidence and let them grow as a team. But every single match he threw in a new tactic with players like Richardson. That's not cool.

And all the bullshit he came with in the media. Not my players. Not my team. They are playing boring football etc etc. And this after he used 3 centrebacks home against Stoke (?). Fucking moron.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Well Sherwood has gone can learner, fox and the hangers on please go forth and multiply.  I am totally sick what our club has become. This all started when faulkner was appointed,  M.o.n. left 4 days later with a massive out of court settlement.  The club is sick from the top. Learner has and always be a joke, the cleave land brown's were doing OK until learner took over.
OK we get a new manager we have had 5 managers in 10 years, not counting the stand in such as Kevin Mcdonald  ect, in that time no money, no ambition no bloody hope. This is the year we go down and it's the year when massive influx of funds is coming in. This is totally ineptitude from the top of the club. Got to stop now because I am fit the burst into tears and explode with frustration with my proud club who I love. 🤦 🤦 🤦
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:56 pm

smetro wrote:A totally lubricious appointment ....

One moment please...

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 Screen18

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 1787200310
Trotters
Trotters

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooseman Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Trotters wrote:
smetro wrote:A totally lubricious appointment ....

One moment please...

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 Screen18

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 1787200310
well if it works, least gabby might scoring goals instead of what he as been scoring
Mooseman
Mooseman

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 pm

'kin hell...

Aston Villa will have to pay Tim Sherwood around £2million in compensation.

Club bosses informed the 46-year-old his time in charge of the club was over on Sunday morning after a run of six successive Premier League defeats.

The former Tottenham manager will be given a pay-off package which equates to a year's salary, although that could be reduced if he takes another job in the next 12 months.

A similar deal was agreed with former Villa boss Paul Lambert who was sacked in February, according to the Birmingham Mail.

He, too, landed around £2million and these costly outgoings are starting to add up following a series of failed appointments in the Randy Lerner era.

The US billionaire handed rivals Blues around £3million after recruiting Alex McLeish from St Andrew’s but ended his deal after just 12 months in charge.

Sherwood’s reign was even shorter - just 253 days in total - but he did save Villa around £60million by keeping them in the Premier League last term.

His brief this season was to do the same but with just four points from a possible 30 and Villa now sitting bottom of the table, that task was becoming increasingly difficult.

Sherwood still had two-and-a-half years left to run on his contract but Lerner and chief executive Tom Fox decided to end it immediately after careful consideration.

With the new TV deal coming into force next year, this is the season that top-flight survival is more important than ever.

The club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in 2016/17 pockets a whopping £99million and that alone explains why Villa will be so worried at their league standing right now.

What’s more is that the club significantly changed their wage structure this term meaning that relegation would have dramatic consequences.

Captain Micah Richards earns in excess of £70k-a-week while the likes of Charles N’Zogbia and Gabby Agbonlahor are not far behind.

Adama Traore, a £7million summer signing from Barcelona, is on a well-paid performance-related deal that could potentially make him the club’s highest earner in the next 12 months.

Money was also set aside to pay Emmanuel Adebayor mega bucks to sign and five-year deals were handed out to a number of the new arrivals as well as long-term performers Ciaran Clark and Ashley Westwood.

The possibility of dropping down to the Championship was factored in when 12 new players arrived this summer, though.

Relegation clauses were inserted into contracts and Villa opted against signing players who refused to reduce their wages if the club lost their Premier League status.

Moving forward, the restructuring of the coaching team could be expensive. Assistant manager Ray Wilkins and first-team coach Mark Robson were both sent packing with Sherwood meaning that replacements will be sourced.

Goalkeeping coach Tony Parks remains at the club and academy man Kevin MacDonald takes charge of team affairs until a permanent successor is found.
Trotters
Trotters

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:28 am

If that article posted last week is true, I am relieved we got shot of the egotistical fraud that is Sherwood. I was duped Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 1015550615 and so were a good many others. Let's hope we stick with MacDonald until we are sure we have the right one - Mourinho might be interested -I hear he likes a challengeLOL Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 1420239857 Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 1420239857 we already know what it's like to have a manager who never smiles and is unintelligible.
At the very least, I want Kozak to start the next game, Lescott and Richardson should be shown the door immediately. I'd ask Guzan to kick them out but he'd probably miss.
VTID Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:48 am

To put it into context, £2million is £500k less than we paid for Tonev.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:33 am

It's seriously doing my head in that these so called "experts" on sky are claiming Sherwood deserved more time cause he got us to a cup final and saved us last season, while they are totally ignoring the fact that we have been dogshit so far this season. No mention of how we play, how he manage or the fact that we have 4 points in 10 matches and are rock bottom in the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:43 am

Joppe84 wrote:It's seriously doing my head in that these so called "experts" on sky are claiming Sherwood deserved more time cause he got us to a cup final and saved us last season, while they are totally ignoring the fact that we have been dogshit so far this season. No mention of how we play, how he manage or the fact that we have 4 points in 10 matches and are rock bottom in the table.

They just talk shit, don't forget most of them are ex-footballers, that says it all!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:03 am

Love to see Kojak and Gardner starting, this might be a blessing for them.
With the defence as it is we should at least give the Clark Okore at the back, push Richardson on the right.  Not Richardson on the left has to be Amari. The back five has cost us the games include Guzan in that statement.
The last 20 minutes has always been the problem we need to work on the fitness of the team, and we need to send gabby off to a residential retreat for compulsive shaggers.
Who ever comes in has a really tough job on his hands, good luck to whoever it is. up the villa. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 42 50815218

Why not give Kojak and Gusted a start what targets to aim for.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:08 am

They'll all support each other because they're likely to meet up in passing & then they can say "I defended you". Easier to blame the suits.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:34 am

They are all from the same mould,
Footballers will always stick together, but it's our club that will be in the shit. If the club went down which it would have.who would they blame?
At the start of the season some panelists were saying we would be going down,
So you cannot win,
All I can say is let's get behind the new manager, and good luck with the team, it's a even playing field for all the players, so that is a good start. UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:53 am

gotta love twitter some of the names hahaha
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down