The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership

3 posters

Go down

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership Empty Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership

Post by sligolion Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:59 am

As a season ticket holder for 56 years I have been lucky enough to have seen Villa win everything.Apart from a few lucky seasons now and then by and large the product has been mediocre.A few times we have been in position to really cement ourselves right at the top of the pile but we have never had the wisdom to really project the club onto the main stage.Like any other product it has to be promoted in the right way to maximise the potential.HDE was never able to see this being full of his own grandisement most of the time.I don't doubt his intentions to do his best for the club but he always fell short at the important times and I feel he did again with Lerner.Lerner being a man who was a disaster with the Cleveland Browns and the fans hated with a passion.Unfortunately he was a man with no great knowledge of Football unless it was gridiron.Right from the outset he ran the club with no man on the board with the knowledge of how English football works so he was at a disadvantage from the beginning being blinded by the M O'N charisma.We'll gloss over the Houllier and Mcleish  time and onto the Lambert era.I find it unbelievable that any owner could fail to see that there were major problems starting with the Karsa Culverhouse carry on.Then to give the same manager a 4 year deal is absolutley stunning.I think Lerner saw us as a rich mans toy but like all toys once the newfound attraction had worn off we were put to one side.We actually have the foundations to to take this great club forward with a CEO who has business acumen and a ewly appointed proven Chief Commercial Officer.But and this is a big but we now need a manager to give us an exciting team to bring the lost fans back and foremost to make the name Aston Villa known Worldwide again.I just dont see it with RL so he needs to move and lets get an owner with the drive and passion to see it through.
sligolion

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership Empty Re: Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership

Post by Trotters Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:25 am

Lerner had all the right people in the right places. Then, for reasons known only to himself, he got rid of them all on MON's say so.

Quite where he got the idea for those earlier people from, I don't know because it's totally out of character.

His era -the temporary rise followed by ongoing failures - are all down to him acting like a naive schoolboy with a huge trust account.

The only reason his next managerial appointment will be a success is because you can't get worse that LDDLLLLLambert. But I have zero faith that Lerner is learning anything from his multitude of mistakes.

The sooner he is gone the better.

Trotters
Trotters

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership Empty Re: Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:57 pm

If Lerner had let qualified people run the club and kept himself well away from day one, he would have saved us all a lot of grief. Doug wasn't to know that this decent guy with loads of money had a fatal flaw .... Stupidity!

He makes Gabby seem like Albert Einstein!
villabromsgrove

Was HDE so wise in his choice of ownership 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down