The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ownership thread

+5
VTID85
STO67
VillaBill
deadbuzz
deadbuzzardalive
9 posters

Go down

Ownership thread Empty Ownership thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:45 am

This isn't a particular interesting video in of itself, but I thought it would be a good excuse to start a thread for our owners, as they don't have one yet, and saves from bumping the takeover thread, every time something happens.

deadbuzzardalive

Ownership thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Ownership thread Empty Re: Ownership thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Just seen this, article... Wes Edens' company linked with buying a share in Copenhagen FC.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 am

One of the club's subsidery companies has changed it's name on Companies House from RECON FOOTBALL LIMITED to NSWE STADIUM LIMITED.

I don't know, maybe it suggests somethings planned for the stadium, either redevelopment, or perhaps we're going to do what Derby did as a way of getting around FFP.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Ownership thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Fri May 17, 2019 11:11 am

As a follow up to the above, the times are now apprently reporting that if we don't go up we're considering selling Villa Park to the owners as Derby did with their owner as a way of circumventing FFP.

I thought I'd read last summer when their was talk of Xia asset stripping the club, that the ground had some sort of protected status which meant it couldn't be sold, but could be wrong, and naming one of the subsidery operations as NSWE STADIUM does make me wonder.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri May 17, 2019 1:09 pm

Who cares, it will always be Villa Park to us, if there is a loophole to exploit, go for it
VillaBill
VillaBill

Ownership thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Fri May 17, 2019 8:37 pm

I know that technically the club owns Villa Park, but as the owners own the club, then I thought they pretty much owned the ground anway, but then I don't really know how these things work.

There seems to be worries that if we sell the ground to Edens and Sawiris, in the future they could refuse to sell it back to us unless we give them an extortionate price, or that they'll rent it back to us at an high cost, I think similar has happened at other clubs, but you'd think that it's not really the kind of thing that our owners would need to do to make money.

Besides that subsidery company being renamed to NSWE STADIUM, could be related to something completely different, such as redevelopment of Villa Park, or even a new stadium as far as I'm aware the new regime haven't ruled out that possibility
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 pm

I guess a lot rides on whether we beat Derby before the might consider selling and leasing the ground. Quite rightly, they should be thinking about how they might raise funds to get around FFP.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Well if selling the ground was ever on the agenda, I doubt it is any longer. We should see what plans they have for us now, apprently Purslow said after the game today, that we're a year ahead of schedule, so they can start to push things forward earlier.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon May 27, 2019 9:26 pm

I wonder if a full Dr Tony buy-out is now on the cards?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon May 27, 2019 11:53 pm

VTID85 wrote:I wonder if a full Dr Tony buy-out is now on the cards?

He was at the game today
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon May 27, 2019 11:55 pm

deadbuzz wrote:One of the club's subsidery companies has changed it's name on Companies House from RECON FOOTBALL LIMITED to NSWE STADIUM LIMITED.

I don't know, maybe it suggests somethings planned for the stadium, either redevelopment, or perhaps we're going to do what Derby did as a way of getting around FFP.

As Xias holding in the club is no longer that of a major shareholder due to the way that the new owners have diluted his share value then why keep the Recon name?
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Tue May 28, 2019 1:16 am

Wookster wrote:
deadbuzz wrote:One of the club's subsidery companies has changed it's name on Companies House from RECON FOOTBALL LIMITED to NSWE STADIUM LIMITED.

As Xias holding in the club is no longer that of a major shareholder due to the way that the new owners have diluted his share value then why keep the Recon name?

There are a number of the club's other subsidery companies that still have the Recon name, 'Recon Group', 'Recon Sports', and 'Recon Smart Sports' all sill exist, if they'd have changed it to something generic like NSWE Football Group, then I wouldn't have taken much notice of it, but given that it was something as specific as NSWE STADIUM LIMITED, then you'd think it has something to do with the stadium.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Tue May 28, 2019 2:12 am

Well speaking of Xia, Wyness has just called him a 'Fraud' on twitter. A bit rich if you ask me, and I notice he hasn't said any words of congratulations about our promotion.

Not going up last season was probably the best thing that's happened to us in a long time.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue May 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Wookster wrote:

He was at the game today

Yes. Does that mean he can't be bought out?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue May 28, 2019 7:25 pm

VTID85 wrote:
Wookster wrote:

He was at the game today

Wonder if hes got to foot the £30million going Learners way?
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Wookster wrote:
VTID85 wrote:
Wookster wrote:

He was at the game today

Haha yes maybe! Randy bloody Lerner eh?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:43 am

I do wonder If Tony would be inclined to sell to another investor moving forward? And would NSWE welcome more rich folks onto the board? That would be interesting with the PSG folks rumoured to want a way into English football Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Ownership thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 pm

That crossed my mind as well, but looks like they're investing in Leeds, reports today that their chairman Radrizzani is in Qatar talking with the PSG owners, and other reports suggesting that PSG have already bought a 10% stake in them. As it stands they could only be a success with one domestically, as owners can't have two clubs competing in Europe at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if they're buying a small percentage in them just to use them as a feeder club, which still could benefit Leeds if they get some decent players on loan and end up getting promoted as a result, but we'll see.

As it happens I was looking at the official statement the website published when we got taken over last summer, and it refers to Sawiris being our part owner through NNS, NNS being the Sawiris familiy's investment vehicle. Maybe the site got it wrong, but it does make it look as if Nassef owns us through his family.

Either way our owners have plenty of money behind them.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:27 am

Looks like theres been some boardroom shuffling again at Villa Park with Xia & Purslow losing their directorships
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:08 pm

I wonder how history will view Dr Xia's ownership? It felt we were so close to being a bigger disaster than under Lerner, but will the fact that it all turned out okay may colour things differently. Was it a poisoned chalice, considering the mess we were in, regardless of his 'bold' plans?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Aston Villa’s Chief Executive Christian Purslow sat down at a Question and Answer event in Minnesota ahead of the sides first pre-season friendly today and spoke to some of our fans stateside.

We were lucky enough to be able to be involved and are able to detail what went on below.

Christian was welcomed initially to the Twin Cities, before stating that he was grateful, thrilled and honoured that Minnesota United had chosen Aston Villa as a ‘pre-season partner’ and that he was “proud as punch” to be involved in such an affair.
You have a glistening CV with the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool on it – what attracted you to Aston Villa?

“I could have never imagined what a fantastic honour it is to work at Aston Villa Football Club.

In the nine or ten months since I’ve been here, just to experience the depth and profound sense of identity Aston Villa has for all of it’s stakeholders, the players, the management, and most importantly its fans.

We’ve got a lot to do, and it’s going to take a bit of time to do it. But we started the job and we intend to see it through.”
Aston Villa have a staggering worldwide reputation, is that what sets them apart from most, or is there something else?

“I am a fifty-five year old English football nutter.

When you work in the sport it changes, and to have the chance to come here, you know, everybody knows that the club is in a tiny group of legendary, world famous institutions that go to the very heart and history of English football.

I felt that from the outside, but the inside is staggering – how it just seeps through the club.”
The new ownership are committed – what has it been like working with the new ownership group?

“I have experience working for a number of different owners, and have strong opinions on what it means to own English football clubs.

It’s obvious to me that Nassef and Wes have what it takes to be great owners. It’s not just about financial commitment, it’s extends to wanting to it the right way and handling the institution carefully and professionally.

I could not feel in better hands. The level of support at every level. I know Dean would agree with me.

By the way, Nassef and Wes are coming to the game tonight – if you get the chance give them a little thank you!

Last July, our Football Club could not make a £4,100,000 bill to HMRC, we were bankrupt. If these two didn’t put £60,000,000 in very quickly, we would have been liquidated. We’d have been Glasgow Rangers, we’d be starting again.

They funded the whole season when we were losing money throughout. We should be so grateful.

The only way is up from here.
Is there an approach now, are we going to emulate anyone or are we going to be uniquely claret and blue?

“We’re going to copy Birmingham City, actually. (Chorus of laughs and boos from fans)

Seriously though, we don’t have to invent the wheel. There are obvious, sensible plans and policies to follow.

A really coherent, clear player recruitment plan focusing on younger players who can become more valuable either to us, or if they move on, is number one. Lower age, lower wage.

We want players who really want to play for Aston Villa. The glory. Not the money.

Not one person that we’ve reached out to sign since I’ve been here has said no. People want to get on board with what what we’re trying to do here.

Outside of the big six, who have huge financial advantages, if you’re a professional footballer – where else would you rather play, than Villa Park for Aston Villa?

We need to re-establish ourselves as the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th in the Premier League, and then outperform that achievement.

People have said we’re buying a lot of players. We had twelve players – we had to buy some players – we want to have competition in all positions, a lower average age and high potential footballers who have the ability to grow into their careers and Aston Villa. We recognise we can’t build a perfect team in one window – nobody in world football can do that.

By the time I leave, financially, the club will be on a footing so that it can survive another 140 years.

Football is full of bullshitters who say what you want to hear – you know full well, I don’t kick the ball or pick the team. But I can ensure that the club is on a sensible, secure, sustianable footing.
Let’s talk about Dean Smith – what made him the right man?

I get asked this question a lot.

He was the standout candidate for for reasons; we felt strongly that we wanted a coach committed to playing football the right way, a coach that was intimately acquainted with who and what Aston Villa is.

We wanted a coach who had a track record in developing and improving young players, and who had the potential to grow rather than regress.

He said to me that “I bet it didn’t do me any harm to come to an interview at half ten at night” – which is absolutely true.

There was a shortlist of four or five candidates, and he got the call and was asked if he was interested, and he said “yeah, tonight” – he was interviewed between 10:30pm and 4:30am – it was a six hour interview, which was well dodgy as it was in my hotel room.

He had me at hello, I think, is the phrase. The fact he is a Villa fan had nothing to do with it, he had a aura about him that he’d done it the hard way and had done every single job in the backroom of football. He’s steeped in football experience.
It’s a very busy transfer window, what can you tell us right now in terms of potential incomings?

“Absolutely nothing. (Chorus of laughs from the fans)

I can tell you we’ve had a plan for the last six months, under our excellent sporting director Jesus Pitarch. We’ve been monitoring target players, three to four options for each position.

The key was to get as much of the business done as early as we could. We’ve done more business than anyone else in professional football and haven’t slept a lot since Wembley.

We now have the bones of a competitive squad. And probably two or three to do before August 8th. I’m not going to say anything about who.

I want to re-assure people. The team that got promoted, the spine of that team now that we’ve converted some of the loans is in tact. We’re not re-building, we’re adding to a squad that has a very set way of playing.“
People are continually comparing Aston Villa’s return to the Premier League with Fulham – what are the realistic aims and goals for this season?

It’s a lazy and easy comparison to make. When Fulham came up a year ago, there were some parallels with us.

It’s an entirely different level, the Premier League, it’s much higher.

I’m not here to criticise Fulham. They were lucky to have high-ambitious ownership that were willing to invest with their financial resources.

Sport is like that. There are no guarantees, it didn’t work out. It might not work out for us – but there are differences.

The players that are coming in, are known, or have worked with Dean Smith or the club before. We’re being highly strategic – it’s not collect a footballer. I think that will stand us in good stead.

Dean thinks we should win every game of football. He thinks if they score three, we’ll score four.

Be ready guys, he’s not going to go away at Manchester City and try and play for a nil-nil. Every game is play to win. We want to surprise people outside of the club. Nobody at the club believes we’re going to go straight back down – I think we’re going to have a fantastic season.“

Purslow went on to discuss the fans, before stating that the club had sold out 30,000 season tickets and that there was a waiting list of 7,000 – before comparing the club to Chelsea, stating that they’d sold 23,000 when he was there with no waiting list.

The full question and answer interview will be available in podcast form shortly.

Under A Gaslit Lamp
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 pm

VTID85 wrote:
Wookster wrote:
VTID85 wrote:
Wookster wrote:

He was at the game today

Haha yes maybe! Randy bloody Lerner eh?

Little Wes and Massive Nassef have cleared it, the Dr is gone.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Seems like part of Xia's agreement with Lerner when buying the club was that he had to pay him another £30m upon promotion, which he couldn't afford to do, but has it happened his remaining shares in us were worth around that much so in one or another in order to pay Lerner he's had to lose those shares.

deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Just as long as Xia just didn't transfer the shares to Lerner...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:03 pm

It had crossed my mind that something like that could happen, in the event of Xia not being able to pay Lerner what he was owed, but seems like we're completey owned by Sawiris and Edens now.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down