The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Lowton Question

+12
kimbo
FoxyAV
Green Villan
Denis_B
CoE82
Morgan Villa
sligolion
KMitch
villabromsgrove
avfc85
Rotterdam82
Trotters
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Lowton Question - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lowton Question

Post by avfc85 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:13 pm

I have heard many fans talk about Lowton needed more game time to get confidence, I'm sorry I totally disagree, I've watched this guy since he signed and he is as defensively weak as Joe Bennett the only reason he got away with it was because he was half decent going forward. We need to ship this guy on he is a Championship player at best.

Ashley Young bullied him all afternoon - Lowton never once stopped the supply to him always constantly letting him control the ball and run at him, Hutton would of dealt with Young.
avfc85
avfc85

The Lowton Question - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:24 pm

avfc85 wrote:I have heard many fans talk about Lowton needed more game time to get confidence, I'm sorry I totally disagree, I've watched this guy since he signed and he is as defensively weak as Joe Bennett the only reason he got away with it was because he was half decent going forward. We need to ship this guy on he is a Championship player at best.

Ashley Young bullied him all afternoon - Lowton never once stopped the supply to him always constantly letting him control the ball and run at him, Hutton would of dealt with Young.
Sadly I have to agree, he's a lot weaker than he should be and Young owned him.
villabromsgrove

The Lowton Question - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:03 pm

It's a shame... He was our most consistent defender in Lambert's first season and showed flashes of brilliance in his attacking play, crossing, and shooting. He looked to be a great find if he could push on and continue performing to that level. Sadly, he started his 2nd season very poorly and was constantly out of position and making poor decisions. He lost his place to Bacuna and hasn't done anything to prove he deserves it back.

His story reminds me of Stephen Warnock's fall from grace. 1 great season (where he was an outside contender for the England WC squad) followed by a very poor start to the next season and it shattered his confidence. It's been downhill for him ever since.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:38 am

Although admittedly not as clear on TV, I did notice that he was constantly out of position from veru early on in the game. I found myself thinking that if Rooney pings one of these balls out to Young instead of Valencia every single time then Lowton is gonna get done. Thankfully, I don't think Rooney passed to him all game*.

I can't believe that he was under instruction to show Young the line and then simply stop him? Maybe He was told that Yong liked to cut in to deliver the killer cross so he was to stop that? But after being skinned a couple of times, you'd think either he himself would have learned not to try and force him to the by-line or that someone on the bench would have sent instructions out???

I certainly expected a big change immediately after half time but.....no.
what the fick was going on with that?

I can't for the life of me work out why Van Gaal shifted him over to the other wing later on in the game because their winner was going to come from a cross off Young's foot....and Clark had him firmly in his pocket.

I said prior to that game that I'd prefer Bacuna or even Herd at right back because i honestly don't think Lowton gives a fuck any more. Maybe that's the issue; decent footballer but couldn't care a toss about Villa.

*I did see that Rooney was almost intentionally ignoring Young and I wonder if Young is on his way to a new club....maybe us! But after a game of booing and a half hour of very loud "Ashley Young is a wanker, is a wanker" then if we WERE talking to him, I suspect his agent is no longer taking calls :) :) :)
Trotters
Trotters

The Lowton Question - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by sligolion Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:13 am

Lambert must learn to use his bench.Lowton was woeful,championship bound.It was only a matter of time when young put the killer ball in.Guest must be a relation of lowton I think,should have been subbed at half time.A better back than Bacuna I think not.Not saying Bacuna is a good back but at least he is able to put a tackle in.
sligolion

The Lowton Question - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:06 am

Have to agree, Lowton not good enough...was roasted by Young time and again.
However, as good a header as it was from Falcao...and it was top drawer....Ciaran Clark lost him in the box....I think Clark has been great the last few games, but he loses his man time and again in the box....Falcao just took a step back as the ball came in...Clark is a ball watcher, his body position is all wrong when defending crosses....he has no idea where his man has gone. There's no way Falcao should be finding the room for a free header 5 yards out. Shame really as Clark played well again on the whole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:07 am

*I did see that Rooney was almost intentionally ignoring Young and I wonder if Young is on his way to a new club....maybe us! But after a game of booing and a half hour of very loud "Ashley Young is a wanker, is a wanker" then if we WERE talking to him, I suspect his agent is no longer taking calls :) :) :)

My season ticket will be going back if we ever sign Ashley Young....and that was before Saturday's charade!

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Lowton is a winger imo
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:

My season ticket will be going back if we ever sign Ashley Young....and that was before Saturday's charade!

Why, he did nothing wrong on Saturday, yes it wasn't a sending off but he got clattered good and proper, i myself have had a few of them and yes they fecking hurt, Also the cross and the way he took Lowton apart all game shows he's still got it, I'd rather have him crossing the ball in for Benteke than what we already have. If he was available i'd hope we are in for him to replace the ineffective Gabby and Wiemann, I have no doubt Young would be more dangerous playing off Benteke than them 2 put together.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:03 am

Young frustrated me when he played for us, looking too often for the 'dive' 'fall over' when staying on his feet would have left him in a better position with the ball. He still hasn't lost that annoying trait.
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:Lowton is a winger imo

I have to agree with you on that mate, also the same for Bennet, both are pretty good going forward but relying on them for defence is very risky business.
Green Villan
Green Villan

The Lowton Question - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:58 am

Green Villan wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:Lowton is a winger imo

I have to agree with you on that mate, also the same for Bennet, both are pretty good going forward but relying on them for defence is very risky business.

Hutton has two feet and is very effective on the right wing because of that. Both Cissokho and Bennett are only able to pass with their left feet, which limits their attacking potential. I can't remember about Lowton, does he have a left foot too?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:51 pm

As it looks like Matthew Lowton is going to Burnley, what sort of muppets do we have running our club 1m for a young RB with Premiership experience, we should of at least got closer to what we paid for him.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:55 pm

avfc85 wrote:As it looks like Matthew Lowton is going to Burnley, what sort of muppets do we have running our club 1m for a young RB with Premiership experience, we should of at least got closer to what we paid for him.
Pretty certain we paid about £750k for him.
kimbo
kimbo

The Lowton Question - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:02 pm

I don't know then I've seen reports of 3m, maybe im wrong but I can't see Sheff Utd selling for that low.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Dunno dude, just seen that figure bandied about lately. I think Percy tweeted something about it earlier too.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:51 pm

£1mill rising to £2mill depending upon appearances and performance
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Lowton was a good attacking player and probably one of our best crossers, he was woeful when a player went one on one with him. I wish him well think he will do well at Burnely right move for everyone involved
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:43 am

For me I hope this falls through as I think there is a decent player there somewhere, send him on loan to Burnley to get him a good full season under his belt and then assess him after that, apart from his first season with us it's been a bit stop/start for him so hard to get some form going.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:08 am

Leafs1201 wrote:For me I hope this falls through as I think there is a decent player there somewhere, send him on loan to Burnley to get him a good full season under his belt and then assess him after that, apart from his first season with us it's been a bit stop/start for him so hard to get some form going.
I have my doubts about Lowton purely because I just don't believe he's a good enough defender, but there's certainly some validity to that - footballers need to play football. It's not a complicated scenario really is it!  :) Defenders especially, I feel, benefit from consistency.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:50 pm

I think Lowton's days were numbered the first time he failed to fully commit to Villa, by putting his girlfriend's wishes about location in front of his career.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Lowton officially gone to Burnley and Sylla to France. The clear out is commencing at pace. Good luck to both
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Good luck Matt, Thought he did okay, some bad some good games but also helped keep us up twice!

The Utterer
The Utterer

The Lowton Question - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2