The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time?

+9
Terry Derry
smetro
Villa_Dan
ember
FoxyAV
VillaBill
Saunders82
De Kuip
Trotters
13 posters

Go down

Will the board get the right man?

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? I_vote_lcap69%Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? I_vote_rcap 69% 
[ 18 ]
Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? I_vote_lcap31%Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 26

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? Empty Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time?

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Over to you...
Trotters
Trotters

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? Empty Re: Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time?

Post by De Kuip Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:23 pm

No.

Unless we are the beneficiary of the old adage if you throw enough shit at the wall some of it will stick. They've rolled the dice so many times maybe they'll get lucky.

Can't see it though. Never said this in any other season unless we were mathematically down, and I can't believe I'm saying this 10 games in, but I actually think we're fucked this year unless there's a miracle. ...
De Kuip
De Kuip

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? Empty Re: Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time?

Post by Saunders82 Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:46 pm

You just have to believe that they will get it right for once, otherwise we might as well give up. To me the only choice is Moye's he's done it before on a budget, but they need to supply him with some money for a striker or 2 or it will all be for nothing. Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:58 pm

No, we are a car crash of a club & this stems from the top, no reason to expect them to get anything right, just get someone in who knows the Championship because that's where we are going
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:11 pm

I think on evidence so far, someone coming into the job is going to have to be desperate to be (back) in the Premier League.

Moyes for me is the best option, purely because he's had a mass of experience and did a reasonable job with Everton.

We have some good players and excellent facilities, we're not a complete disaster.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:13 pm

They do have to get it right and I've gone with the option that they will. Probably by accident.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:14 pm

My initial excitement that the chancing little cockney fucker has gone, has now been replaced by concern that the board will royally fuck up his replacement
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

not judging by the Garde speculation. It almost seems to me they are treating the club as a plaything 'i know lets create another arsenal' knowing if doesn't work out Randy will be generous with the pay offs

total despair.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

not judging by the Garde speculation. It almost seems to me they are treating the club as a plaything 'i know lets create another arsenal' knowing if doesn't work out Randy will be generous with the pay offs

total despair.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Whoever gets the job has until ChristmAs to save us.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:37 am

law of averages would suggest they will get one right soon....think everyone has been surprised by just how shit Sherwood was....not sure Fox/Lerner could possibly have envisaged that....many, many 'experts' in the game believed he was perfect choice at the time.
What we need is a manager that backs up his talk with actions, in fact...I don't care if he never speaks....actions speak louder!
.....in the words of Big Ron..."Don't tell me, show me!!"
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 am

A quick short answer.....We are fucked.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Simple question: Do you trust Lerner/Fox to get it right this time? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:01 am

Well couldn't get any worse, at the moment. Until we get the hanger on at the top of the club we will continue this cycle. Learner has to go.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:47 am

With Riley and Almstadt still at the club and with Lerner controlling the purse strings and the lamentable Fox as CEO, I'm sorry to say that anyone who takes this job is on a hiding to nothing.

Also, I don't subscribe to the view that this squad is PL standard and just need to be coached/managed properly. That was evident again to me against Swansea.

So yes, relegation looks very likely but it may not be such a bad thing once we have got over the shock. It's like a painful boil that won't start to get better until it is lanced.

When it happens let's face the Championship future with a positive outlook. Not that we necessarily expect to come straight back up but at least we'll see some wins home and away which will hopefully purge all the negativity we have been used to over the past 5 years.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Thinman wrote:With Riley and Almstadt still at the club and with Lerner controlling the purse strings and the lamentable Fox as CEO, I'm sorry to say that anyone who takes this job is on a hiding to nothing.

Also, I don't subscribe to the view that this squad is PL standard and just need to be coached/managed properly. That was evident again to me against Swansea.

So yes, relegation looks very likely but it may not be such a bad thing once we have got over the shock. It's like a painful boil that won't start to get better until it is lanced.

When it happens let's face the Championship future with a positive outlook. Not that we necessarily expect to come straight back up but at least we'll see some wins home and away which will hopefully purge all the negativity we have been used to over the past 5 years.

I agree, I think Sean Dyke would be our best bet. If nothing else he might be able to bring us straight back up. A no nonsense guy who would kick the namby pamby frenchies up the arse for sure.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down