The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread.

+42
GodzoneVilla
USVillan
Jo64
CoE82
ember
mefromhere
jamavfc1
Saunders82
erdingtonb24
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Keyser Soze
Steveallen79
AVit
davevilla
South London Villan
VTID85
holtehero
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
jd
KMitch
StevieAVFC14
Tomy-Flemba
johnny noodles
HarryAVFC
lukevilla
Trotters
kimbo
The Utterer
Denis_B
bazzah
B62 Villa
Olof Mellberg
Morpheus
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Jim
VillaBill
Fpuppys
CTVillan
Green Villan
Villa_Dan
46 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

How will we do against the Bin Dippers ?

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 I_vote_lcap39%Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 39% 
[ 16 ]
Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 I_vote_lcap39%Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 39% 
[ 16 ]
Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 I_vote_lcap22%Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 41

Poll closed

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread.

Post by Green Villan Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:55 am

USVillan wrote:
Green Villan wrote:You are a grade A douche.
Why don't you try debating the post, instead of hurling insults at posters who have a different opinion than yours?

There's no spiking the football here on my end. I'm happy over the win. I'm ecstatic RAWK is reaching boiling-over point. But I'm also fed up of seeing "this is all down to Keano" type posts. It's not just on here...it's on a ton of Villa-related sites. Lambert has his role--a much larger role than Keane--to play, too, and it's high time people stop looking past him.

These guys win and lose as a team. If you're going to give Lambert stick when the team loses, you'd better give him praise when they win. That's my point here.

As you were. Back to celebrating Keane's beard...

You don't want to debate you just want to be a douche.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread.

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:07 am

USVillan wrote:
South London Villan wrote:I wonder how much influence Keane had organising the midfield. They were immense, another clean sheet, 2 points behind Chelsea, unbeaten and the same goal difference as Man City, pinch me I must be dreaming.
Yes. It's all Keane. Lambert knows nothing about midfield play. :wanker:

SLV asks a reasonable question about just how much influence our new assistant manager - you know, the one who is out on the training ground every day with the players and who was a superb midfield general himself - has over our midfield and you turn his comment completely around to make out that he's slammed Lambert and hailed Keane as the new messiah. And then you call him a wanker?

And, to top it all off, you throw in a stunning dollop of hypocrisy a couple of posts later:

USVillan wrote:
Why don't you try debating the post, instead of hurling insults at posters who have a different opinion than yours?
Trotters
Trotters

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:13 am

Trotters wrote:
USVillan wrote:
South London Villan wrote:I wonder how much influence Keane had organising the midfield. They were immense, another clean sheet, 2 points behind Chelsea, unbeaten and the same goal difference as Man City, pinch me I must be dreaming.
Yes. It's all Keane. Lambert knows nothing about midfield play. :wanker:

SLV asks a reasonable question about just how much influence our new assistant manager - you know, the one who is out on the training ground every day with the players and who was a superb midfield general himself - has over our midfield and you turn his comment completely around to make out that he's slammed Lambert and hailed Keane as the new messiah. And then you call him a wanker?

And, to top it all off, you throw in a stunning dollop of hypocrisy a couple of posts later:

USVillan wrote:

It's pathetic that even with the current state of affairs, where our start to the season is beyond the hopes of even the most positive of fans, that some are hurling insults. Jeez - fwiw - Keane is obviously having a positive effect - the last two under Lambert hardly gave us an effective midfield. HOWEVER - I am inclined to give Lambert a lot of credit for this also. Maybe just maybe - they both complement each other - Keane provides attributes to support Lambert.

Both of them deserve credit for the position we find ourselves in, along with the team.  It will be a cold day in hell before I complement Lerner for anythign mind, so I better finish this thread before I take positivity to it's extreme.
GodzoneVilla

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 am

I did have a laugh to myself watching Bent's substitution. A few minutes on the clock and, with all hands to the pump, Bent wasn't going to do anything except waste a few seconds changing with Gabby.

But there he was, going through charts, and tactics with one of the coaches when Keane looks semi-pissed off, walks over and just points Bent toward the pitch and to stop fucking about with instructions on how to not touch the ball for 3 minutes and just get out there.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Keane has had a rather big influence on this side already. You can see how much more pumped up and determined they are. Last season, they were just going through the motions and running around for an undeserved pay cheque. Now they look like they'll run through walls for each other.

Even if Lambert is doing all the training (which he's not) and even if Lambert is doing all the tactics (which we've heard he's not) then we at least have to thank Keane for instilling a winning mentality into our lads instead of this "oh well, we lost, stiff shit, we go again" bollocks that is the Lambert ethos.

Time will tell but I think the big difference this season will be that we won't pick ourselves up and go again when we lose; we'll jump up, yell out the mother of all war cries and fucking destroy the next team we come across.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:08 am

Keane is having a massive effect so far, Swiss Phils job on Mario was straight out of the Keane book of winding up your opponents. I will guarantee here that the next guy in line for winding up will be Costa from Chelsea. The attitude has changed as shown at the end of the game, I thought Brad was going to cum all over Gabbys back he looked that happy. The one thing we should admit and give credit for, is Lambert having the balls to bring in someone like Keane, that was gutsy.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:59 am

Arguments over ?
Gotta say that Lambert and Keane have done a fantastic job so far. Round of clappy things for them both Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 3769219917 cheers Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by erdingtonb24 Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:10 am

I've posted before that under the circumstances Lambert is doing as well as anybody could ,however Keane has brought a level of organisation and discipline that wasn't there before ,haters will hate .Up the Villa
erdingtonb24

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:10 am

I thought Liverpool looked a little toothless
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:10 am

I gave been very critical of lambert during his reign but credit to him and all the staff for a very impressive start to the season.
It's a results business and if he can continue to get results then that's fine by me - credit to everyone involved .

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:12 am

Number of passes.
Villa: 245
Liverpool: 789
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:13 am

Trotters wrote:Number of passes.

Who cares :)
Number of goals is what matters Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 am

Trotters wrote:Number of passes.
500 of those were in their own half.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 am

I would just like to say a big thank you to the bookie who gave me 55 euros last night.......5 euros on Villa win at ten to one. Cheers bookie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 am

I think a bit of credit must also go to Sendros, Hutton and Cissokho. Three players who were deemed surplus last season yet have helped us keep the tightest defence in the league.
Keyser Soze

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:48 am

Hutton was brilliant. As was Westwood. In fact the only player I thought (yet again) was a waste of a shirt was Weimann.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:06 am

Trotters, I am by no account a fan of Andi, but yesterday he was part of the defensive tightness, he was up and down ensuring the Plop fullback got nowhere and really worked his socks off, Cleverley was doing the same on the other wing.
Andi was asked to do a job that he is not best at, but carried it out really well.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 am

If there is one team I hate its Liverpool , super result , another bonus 3pts !  Scarf Waving
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:27 am

Only 30 points required for safety now!
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:58 am

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Trotters, I am by no account a fan of Andi, but yesterday he was part of the defensive tightness, he was up and down ensuring the Plop fullback got nowhere and really worked his socks off, Cleverley was doing the same on the other wing.
Andi was asked to do a job that he is not best at, but carried it out really well.

Agreed, he's a striker.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:20 pm

the best thing joses done! hate him but thats funny
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Garry Neville bigging the Villa up on SS1, I like this bloke more by the day, he hasn't said a bad word about us since he got the punditry job.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Liverpool v Aston Villa all in one thread. - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:13 am

I think he can appreciate a well drilled side especially when it's limited talent-wise. He's from the Purple-Nose school of running through walls for your team and never giving up so he'd be nodding sagely at Villa's performances. I wonder if he still talks to Keane?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:40 am

GodzoneVilla wrote:Jeez - fwiw - Keane is obviously having a positive effect - the last two under Lambert hardly gave us an effective midfield. HOWEVER - I am inclined to give Lambert a lot of credit for this also. Maybe just maybe - they both complement each other - Keane provides attributes to support Lambert.

Both of them deserve credit for the position we find ourselves in, along with the team.  It will be a cold day in hell before I complement Lerner for anythign mind, so I better finish this thread before I take positivity to it's extreme.
This sums up my thoughts, too. Nicely said, GZV.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5