The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

+12
switters
GadgetMan
Sean
lukevilla
avfc2k
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
Morgan Villa
Wigteke
Trotters
KMitch
The.slow.divide
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

Post by goose76 Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Agree Green Villan. Still, I think our keeper and new look back four are looking pretty sweet. Gotta be honest not getting too excited about Sanchez until after a few games, but looking forward to what Lambo pulls out the bag over the next few days to improve us on the wings. Holtby would be useful
goose76

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:36 pm

goose76 wrote:Personally I like Guzan. Excellent shot-stopper, commanding in the box (easy) and vocal when he needs to be. Would have him over Given but Shay is still a quality backup. Heard Petr Cech has been dropped...tongue in cheek I know but would be an awesome signing, I know he wont want to be number 2 for anyone. Still only thirty two which is still pretty young for a goalie. Sticking point will be the wages of course. Expect old bacon face at QPR to start talking about him on Sky transfer deadline day

His distribution is shit and he does not dominate his box has much as i would like, but they are really minor criticisms that he can work on. I dont understand why he places the ball in the middle of his 6 yard box and then deliver a angled goal kick...it really baffles me Rolling Eyes 

My Old Man
My Old Man

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:41 pm

goose76 wrote:Agree Green Villan. Still, I think our keeper and new look back four are looking pretty sweet. Gotta be honest not getting too excited about Sanchez until after a few games, but looking forward to what Lambo pulls out the bag over the next few days to improve us on the wings. Holtby would be useful

I just hope Guzan ups his game, if he doesn't he'll be found out, as much as I like Given he's ticking on a bit and is not 100%, Jed Steer seems a bit useless so I see us buying a new #1 in the near future.

Sanchez will need a few games to adjust.

Holtby I wouldn't say no.
Green Villan
Green Villan

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:23 am

nitrogen wrote:Kin hell after one game let's slag of Guzan (who kept a clean sheet). His saves have kept us up the last two seasons...

I think you've missed the point of the thread. It's not about getting rid of a player rather than putting us in a conundrum whereby we have to sell one of our better players.

I don't think anyone has any doubts about his ability and value to the club. There's no doubt he's played a HUGE role in keeping us up the last two seasons and I'd be gutted to see him go.

But out of the players we have to choose from, a GK is probably the easiest and cheapest to replace.
Trotters
Trotters

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2