The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

+12
switters
GadgetMan
Sean
lukevilla
avfc2k
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
Morgan Villa
Wigteke
Trotters
KMitch
The.slow.divide
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  Empty If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

Post by The.slow.divide Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:06 am

Hi
If we had to sell one of
Guzan
Vlaar
Delph
Benteke

Unsure my self like to hear other peeps opinion  
Sorry if in wrong cat
The.slow.divide

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  0_star10

Back to top Go down

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  Empty Re: If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

Post by KMitch Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:56 am

Delph. No brainer for me... I think he is a good player, but the others are better and more consistent.
KMitch
KMitch

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  2_star10

Back to top Go down

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  Empty Re: If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?

Post by The.slow.divide Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:15 am

I thought the first person would say Delph I found a lot last season when he got the ball looked like he didn't know what to do with it and went down a bit to easy but saying the for me he was probs the best of a bad bunch ( well not bad just uninspired and undertrained) hopefully Keane will sort that out

The.slow.divide

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 am

Delph knows what to do with it but he rarely has options as Villa don't play pass and move. They play "get the ball to Delph who then has no options so back to Westwood, back to Guzan, hoof to Benteke, everyone back and defend".

We can't afford to lose any of those players at the moment.
Trotters
Trotters

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:28 pm

I'd agree with Delph. He's a good technical player but with the contract scenario not being renewed I think it would be most sensible to let him go. I know vlaar is in his final year but he's a lot more valuable I feel.
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:20 am

Delph would have to be sold for me. Yes he has good games but too many times he runs down blind alleys, takes the same opponent on twice and moves out of position. Shelvey for Swansea and Nolan for West Ham made him look like a championship player last season. People like him because he makes the odd run that excites the crowd.

Dont get me wrong i like him but feel he is our most over rated player
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Of those 4 it would be Guzan .

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 pm

After Stoke, I concur. Jeez, what a mess. Plus goalkeepers are probably the easiest and cheapest to replace.

And I've got a fair bit of man love for Delph. I reckon we'll see the best of him when Sanchez comes in.
Trotters
Trotters

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:51 am

Trotters wrote:After Stoke, I concur. Jeez, what a mess. Plus goalkeepers are probably the easiest and cheapest to replace.

And I've got a fair bit of man love for Delph. I reckon we'll see the best of him when Sanchez comes in.

Completely agree, changed my opinion after Stoke! Guzan would go
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:03 am

The spine controls and supports the whole body, but only as long as it remains intact. We cannot afford to lose any of these four players imo.

Guzan may have looked wobbly recently, but he'll get back to his best for us.
villabromsgrove

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:16 am

The other thing to consider is how much would we get

Realistically selling Tekers would give us the most return to play with so could replace him and have a bit left over for another player, couldn't say the same with the others
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc2k Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:02 pm

I'd sell benteke as we are all unsure of how he will return i dont believe he will return the player he was and he is also the one we would get the most for which we could use to buy a striker or knowing lambert 2 or 3 cheapo strikers
avfc2k
avfc2k

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:06 pm

avfc2k wrote:I'd sell benteke as we are all unsure of how he will return i dont believe he will return the player he was and he is also the one we would get the most for which we could use to buy a striker or knowing lambert 2 or 3 cheapo strikers

I don't think money will be an issue under new ownership.
Benteke is real class - keep him as long as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:37 pm

what did guzan do wrong against stoke? all i saw that his kicking wasent good but that never is, didnt see him doing anything wrong apart from that!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm

If I had to sell one I'd say Guzan. The only reason being it is a lot easier in my opinion to find a decent replacement for a goalkeeper than any other position. Decent strikers and midfielders cost a lot more £££ so although selling Benteke for decent money could be seen as good business I would bet that at least 75% of the money made on him would be bringing in a replacement.
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:14 pm

lukevilla wrote:what did guzan do wrong against stoke? all i saw that his kicking wasent good but that never is, didnt see him doing anything wrong apart from that!

The kicking was galactically shit but it was his delayed kicking that put the shits up me. And it wasn't a one off!

I find his shanked goal kicks most odd, to be honest. If I play in goal for my garbage over 35 team, I have 2 or 3 practice kicks prior to kick off and (granted I don't have the kind of distance in me that Guzan does) I'll hit my target 8 times out of 10.

Quite why a pro goalkeeper who must hammer hundreds of balls a week can get this so wrong baffles me.

But he'll be Mr.Reliable again soon enough.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Guzan from that lost for me. He's a brilliant shot stopper, but limited elsewhere, he lacks a football brain and his distribution is woeful. I never understand why he punts it everytime? Surely that can't be a directive can it? When Given played in pre season, he was looking to throw the ball out as often as possible.

I beleive we will see the best of Delph now we have a proper DM.

Benteke is just too important when on song.

Vlaar? If he won't sign a new contract then should we cash in on him? I don't think we can afford to let him go and any transfer fee would be pointless as we couldn't replace him with better on the wages we currently offer.

That said, when we get sold it could be a totally different landscape.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Oh it's a directive!

When we played pre season last year, both Guzan and Shay were rolling the ball out through the backs. But in the premier league, we just don't have the talent to do that continually.

Last season you could see the aim was to build from the back when we take the ball off the opposition and try and tempt them out of their half and then use that space to cut through them. But if that wasn't an option (which it rarely was) then get the ball back to Guzan who'd hoof to benteke.

Now that worked for a short period until managers realised that you put a strong tall defender or two on Benteke and then two centre backs directly behind to nullify the flick on.

After that, we were finished. No plan B.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm

his distribution is a weakness, but that should be one area of a keeper's game that they can improve through practice. and to be fair to Guzan vs Stoke, he had 3/4 new defence in front of him. you can maybe understand him preferring to go long when he doesn't really know his defenders yet.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:35 pm

I'd choose Guzan, he doesn't fill me with confidence when he's in between the sticks.
Green Villan
Green Villan

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:30 pm

This is about opinion yeah?

Then i would like Bennett to be sold because hes been our best player by a country mile 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

If one of the last few years best players was sold which one would you choose ?  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by nitrogen Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Kin hell after one game let's slag of Guzan (who kept a clean sheet). His saves have kept us up the last two seasons...
nitrogen
nitrogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:20 pm

nitrogen wrote:Kin hell after one game let's slag of Guzan (who kept a clean sheet). His saves have kept us up the last two seasons...

I haven't slagged Guzan and I've never really been a fan of his, I don't trust his abilities, he looks rattled a lot of the time and jumpy, as I said he doesn't fill me with confidence. Think it's a pretty bold claim that you're accusing us of getting on his back after one game, we've been watching him longer than that.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by goose76 Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Personally I like Guzan. Excellent shot-stopper, commanding in the box (easy) and vocal when he needs to be. Would have him over Given but Shay is still a quality backup. Heard Petr Cech has been dropped...tongue in cheek I know but would be an awesome signing, I know he wont want to be number 2 for anyone. Still only thirty two which is still pretty young for a goalie. Sticking point will be the wages of course. Expect old bacon face at QPR to start talking about him on Sky transfer deadline day
goose76

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 pm

goose76 wrote:Personally I like Guzan. Excellent shot-stopper, commanding in the box (easy) and vocal when he needs to be. Would have him over Given but Shay is still a quality backup. Heard Petr Cech has been dropped...tongue in cheek I know but would be an awesome signing, I know he wont want to be number 2 for anyone. Still only thirty two which is still pretty young for a goalie. Sticking point will be the wages of course. Expect old bacon face at QPR to start talking about him on Sky transfer deadline day

It would be convenient for Cech to go to QPR as he's in London already and QPR are willing to throw stupid money around so........
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum