The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now?

+6
My Old Man
mickeywya
GadgetMan
mDigital
switters
USVillan
10 posters

Go down

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? Empty What's our 25-man squad looking like right now?

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:27 pm

So, who stays and who goes, given the current squad size? Listed below are what I believe to be the depth chart for each position. Currently, I count 30 players (might've missed some), so 5 will have to go somewhere. Players who've already left on loans and what not have been removed (so no Helenius or Luna). This is assuming 4-3-3 because Lambert's so head-over-heels in love with that formation. I do think you can interchange 3 at the back with this and go with his 5-3-2 as well.

Goalkeepers
Guzan
Given
Steer

Right Backs
Hutton
Bacuna
Lowton

Left Backs
Richardson
Stevens
Bennett

Centerbacks
Vlaar
Okore
Senderos
Baker
Clark
Donacien

Midfielders
Delph
Westwood
KEA
Gardner
Carruthers
Herd

Wide forwards
Cole
Agbonlahor
Weimann
N'Zogbia
Grealish
Tonev

Center forwards
Benteke
Kozac
Bent

Who has to go? When you get rid of players, where do they go (sale or loan)?

Think I loan out Steer and Lowton, tell Bennett and Tonev to find new teams, and pay Chris Herd to leave. This obviously will change IF anyone else is being brought in, but I really don't see it happening. Think the board are happy that there's a low-cost bargain basement squad that's been assembled.
USVillan

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? Empty Re: What's our 25-man squad looking like right now?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 pm

I think players who are under 21 are allowed in addition the the 25 man squad.

Last edited by Eastie on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? Empty Re: What's our 25-man squad looking like right now?

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Eastie wrote:I thought players who come from the youth system don't count in the 25,?
Probably right. I'm still new to roster rules...feel free to correct and adjust.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:37 pm

I have edited my post as wasn't sure on who counts but I know under 21 they are allowed besides the 25 named.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:41 pm

The 20 Barclays Premier League clubs have submitted their squads that will compete in the 2013/14 campaign.
Following the closure of the summer transfer window on 2 September, the clubs had a deadline of Wednesday afternoon to submit their squad of up to 25 players which contains no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the Home Grown Player criteria.
The rest of the squad must be Home Grown.
A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).
U21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad.
Changes to the squad list can only be made during the transfer window, which opens again on 1 January 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:27 am

my guess (using your list)

Goalkeepers
1. Guzan
2. Given
Steer

Right Backs
3. Hutton
4. Bacuna
Lowton

Left Backs
5. Richardson
Stevens
6. Bennett

Centerbacks
7. Vlaar
8. Okore
9. Senderos
10. Baker
11. Clark
Donacien

Midfielders
12. Delph
13. Westwood
14. KEA
15. Gardner
Carruthers
16. Herd

Wide forwards
17. Cole
18. Agbonlahor
19. Weimann
20. N'Zogbia
Grealish
Tonev

Center forwards
21. Benteke
22. Kozac
23. Bent

I think the 23 I've numbered are the ones who'll definitely be in. Grealish & Donacien are U21 so don't have to be included (Okore possibly too, but he turns 22 next week - so it depends on the date the Premier League use) and Steer's gone on loan since you made the list.

I've not included Carruthers, Stevens, Lowton & Tonev as I suspect most/all of them will go on loan. but we might have to add Siegrist as 3rd keeper. so overall that would leave space for 1-2 additions.

edit: apparently the rule is you need to be U21 on 1st Jan of the year the season starts. i.e. for this year a birth date after 1st Jan 93 makes you U21. that means Okore is over 21 but Carruthers will still count as U21.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:57 pm

It looks like it's shaping up something like this now:

Goalkeepers

Guzan
Given

Right-backs

Hutton
Bacuna
Lowton

Left-backs

Richardson
Bennett
Stevens

Centre-backs

Vlaar
Okore
Senderos
Baker
Clark
Donacien (U21)

Midfielders

Delph
Westwood
KEA
Gardner
Herd
Cole
N'Zogbia
Grealish (U21)

Forwards

Benteke
Kozak
Bent
Agbonlahor
Weimann
Burke (U21)
Robinson (U21)

Out:
Tonev
Steer (out on loan)

I was unsure whether to leave out Tonev or Stevens (or Herd as well really, or whether Steer will be included despite going on loan). But i suppose when we sign this new left-back he'll take Stevens' place anyway. I assume Donacien counts as U21, being under 21 and all.
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 pm

I know Steed has gone on loan and I think carrtuthers is off too. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bennett and Lowton added to the loan list too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Carruthers has signed a 3 yr deal at mk dons.
Steer loaned to donny.

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Well, this has changed quite a bit!

Goalkeepers
Guzan
Given

Right Backs
Hutton
Bacuna
Lowton

Left Backs
Cissokho
Bennett
Stevens

Centerbacks
Vlaar
Okore
Senderos
Baker
Clark
Donacien (U21)

Midfielders
Delph
Westwood
Richardson
KEA
Gardner
Herd

Wide forwards
Cole
Agbonlahor
Weimann
N'Zogbia
Grealish (U21)

Center forwards
Benteke
Kozac
Bent

Added: Cissokho
Rumored Ins: Carlos Sanchez (Midfield)
Subtracted: Carruthers (sold to MKDons), Steer (Loaned to Doncaster), Tonev (Loaned to Celtic)
Repositioned: Richardson (it's no secret he's been played in MF all preseason)

Players on Loan: Steer (Doncaster - season), D.Johnson (Chesterfield - 3 months), Tonev (Celtic - season), Helenius (Aa-Alborg - season)
Rumored Loans: Lowton (Boro)

Removing Grealish and Donacien from the numbers due to U-21, we still have 27 on the roster. Assuming no more ins and outs, we still have to ship 2 (my obvious outs are Tonev and f**king Herd). Lambert's hinting at doing more business, so will be interesting to see how this continues to evolve. Also equally nice that there's some interchangeable parts (Bacuna as RB and MF, Gab/Andi as WF and CF) and depth at each position, which would allow a manager who knows what the f**k he's doing some nice flexibility with tactics. It's still lacking strength, though.

Last edited by USVillan on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:03 am

Gotta get rid of either Stevens or Bennet, or both. Without those 2, we still have 4 players, (5 if you include Delph who played there a few times under MON and GH) who can play in that position. Get rid of Tonev. Id keep Herd and have him on the bench for every game, he can cover at the back 4 and all of midfield.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:24 am

Updated this

Goalkeepers
Guzan
Given

Right Backs
Hutton
Lowton

Left Backs
Cissokho
Stevens

Centerbacks
Vlaar
Okore
Senderos
Baker
Clark
Donacien (U21)

Midfielders
Delph
Westwood
Sanchez
Cleverly
Bacuna
Richardson
Herd

Wide forwards
Cole
Agbonlahor
Weimann
N'Zogbia
Grealish (U21)

Center forwards
Benteke
Kozac
Bent

Added: Cissokho, Sanchez, Cleverly
Subtracted: Carruthers (sold to MKDons), Steer (Loaned to Doncaster), Tonev (Loaned to Celtic), Gardner (loaned to Brighton), Bennett (loaned to Brighton), KEA (sold to Feyenoord)

Players on Loan: Steer (Doncaster - season), D.Johnson (Chesterfield - 3 months), Tonev (Celtic - season), Helenius (Aa-Alborg - season), Luna (Verona - season), Sylla (Kayseri - season), Bennett (Brighton - season), Gardner (Brighton - 4 months)

Removing Grealish and Donacien from the numbers due to U-21, we now have 25 on the roster.

Last edited by USVillan on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 am; edited 4 times in total
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Last edited by mickeywya on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Oh. Sorry.
Eastie, feel free to delete the thread.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Sorry, was annoid at all the negative comments on all the chat-rooms even tho we still won, so had my moans on!! Carry on mate.  Very Happy 
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:13 pm

USVillan wrote:Added: Cissokho, Sanchez, Cleverly
Subtracted: Carruthers (sold to MKDons), Steer (Loaned to Doncaster), Tonev (Loaned to Celtic), Gardner (loaned to Brighton), Bennett (loaned to Brighton), KEA (sold to Feyenoord)

Players on Loan: Steer (Doncaster - season), D.Johnson (Chesterfield - 3 months), Tonev (Celtic - season), Helenius (Aa-Alborg - season), Luna (Verona - season), Sylla (Kayseri - season), Bennett (Brighton - season), Gardner (Brighton - 4 months)

Removing Grealish and Donacien from the numbers due to U-21, we now have 25 on the roster.

25-man squad was announced today. it's as you've written with exception of Stevens being left out and Siegrist included as 3rd keeper. guess Stevens will be off on loan to a lower league club, Richardson/Clark will be the LB cover.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Villa have submitted their squad for the 2014-15 campaign, following the closure of the transfer window.

The 25-man senior list is not definitive in terms of those available for selection as players can also be nominated from the U21 roster.

This includes, for instance, Jack Grealish and Callum Robinson.

The U21 players must have been born on or after January 1, 1993.

Additional changes to the senior squad can only be made during transfer window periods but loans will be permitted to lower division clubs.

The requirement is for no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the homegrown player criteria.

A homegrown player is deemed to be somebody who has been registered with any club affiliated to the English or Welsh FA for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months before his 21st birthday - or the end of the season during which he turns 21.

25 squad players
(*=Home grown)

*Agbonlahor, Gabriel
Bacuna, Leandro
*Baker, Nathan
*Bent, Darren
Benteke, Christian
Cissokho, Aly
*Clark, Ciaran
*Cleverley, Thomas
*Cole, Joseph
*Delph, Fabian
*Given, Shay
Guzan, Bradley
*Herd, Christopher
Hutton, Alan
Kozak, Libor
*Lowton, Matthew
*N'Zogbia, Charles
Okore, Jores
*Richardson, Kieran
Sanchez, Carlos Alberto
*Senderos, Philippe
*Siegrist, Benjamin
Vlaar, Ron
*Weimann, Andreas
*Westwood, Ashley

U21 players
(Contract and Scholars)

Abdo, Khalid
Bannister, Charlie
Bateman, Liam
Blackett-Taylor, Corey
Burke, Graham
Calder, Riccardo
Cowans, Henry
Crooks, Alfie
Donacien, Janoi
Drennan, Michael
Forth, Dylan
Graham, Jordan
Grealish, Jack
Green, Andre
Hailey, Liam
Hale, Rory
Hepburn-Murphy, Rushian
Hill, Craig
Kinsella, Lewis
Leggett, Thomas
Lewis, Bradley
Lewis, Harry
Lyden, Jordan
Lyons-Foster, Kodi
McKirdy, Harry
Nehemie, Isaac
O'Brien, Daniel
O'Hare, Callum
Robinson, Callum
Sellars, Jerell
Strain, Ryan
Strain, Thomas
Suliman, Easah
Toner, Kevin
Watkins, Bradley
Webb, Joshua
Wildin, Courtney
Zazrivec, Tomas

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Has there been anybody allocated the nine shirt yet?
My Old Man
My Old Man

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:14 pm

I really think Lambert (or Keane or someone) has done a really good job of strengthening our squad and shipping out the crap on a really tight budget.

I know it's early days, but if Even 2 of Senderos, Hutton and Cissokho come good, it'll be a massive improvement on last year.

Same for Cole, Sanches, N'Zogbia and Cleverly.

Same for Given.

And with Benteke and Kozak coming back in say end October? We might actually have a talented football team.

2 Concerns for me:
- we will have a really hard next 7 games, and need to keep our heads up if we get 0 points from the next 12.
- Lambert's tactics

But still, a lot happier than I expected to be after the transfer window, no?
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:33 pm

We're doomed, doomed I tells ya, just kidding.

The squad certainly is a lot stronger but the question is can Lambert tactically use them to his advantage?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Green Villan wrote:We're doomed, doomed I tells ya, just kidding.

The squad certainly is a lot stronger but the question is can Lambert tactically use them to his advantage?

Squad -good enough for top 10 challenge.
Lambert - bottom 6 manager .

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Eastie wrote:

that screams mid-table mediocrity to me. For a club in limbo- that will do me just fine. Mid-table and a deep FA Cup run would be a very positive improvement on the season. I'm cautiously optimistic that we can finish between 9-11 this season.

Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:44 pm

ejs1111 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

that screams mid-table mediocrity to me.  For a club in limbo- that will do me just fine.  Mid-table and a deep FA Cup run would be a very positive improvement on the season.  I'm cautiously optimistic that we can finish between 9-11 this season.

Scarf Waving

Don't hold your breath on the cup run Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Eastie wrote:
ejs1111 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

that screams mid-table mediocrity to me.  For a club in limbo- that will do me just fine.  Mid-table and a deep FA Cup run would be a very positive improvement on the season.  I'm cautiously optimistic that we can finish between 9-11 this season.

Scarf Waving

Beat me to it lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Green Villan wrote:
Eastie wrote:
ejs1111 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Scarf Waving

Beat me to it lol

League & Cup double , noting else will do :moon:
VillaBill
VillaBill

What's our 25-man squad looking like right now? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum