The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Premiership.

+5
mDigital
My Old Man
bruka
MinnyVilla
Jim
9 posters

Go down

The Premiership. Empty Re: The Premiership.

Post by Jim Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 pm

But la ljga is a 2 team league, once in a decade you get a surprise winner like atletico or Valencia (watch atletico finish around 6th this season) and its then just about who out of real or barca, and the el classico games are ruined by diving and petulant play acting. Suarez will fit right in at la liga.

Entertainment wise, the EPL is the best for me

Jim
Jim

The Premiership. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnyVilla Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Three best teams in the world perhaps. Not sure the rest of the leagues are up to those standard bearers over the long run.
MinnyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:24 pm

The premier league recently has been more competitive with 5 or clubs now in the mix - the top Spanish sides are better than the english sides but as a league I think it's more of a 2 horse race with the odd challenger emerging every few years as athletico have this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I agree with PDC Lion - i think the standard of football in the Prem has been on the decline for the last few seasons. You only have to look at the teams that have been promoted this season, they are a lot weaker than the teams that were being promoted 4 or 5 years ago. Then there are teams like us, baggies, Sunderland, Hull, Palace - just there to make up the numbers. Don't get me wrong one out of the 5 might actually go and get relegated but they'll bounce straight back up the next year. Then there is the problem of the talented players in England being snapped up by the La Liga clubs. Any top player for any of the top teams would bite the hand off Barca or Real if they thought they were knocking. The Prem is a decent league but its not the best in the world as long as all the top players continue to play in La Liga.
Also, for the people talking about La Liga being a 2 horse race, the Prem is not a million miles away from that now, "hmmm who's gonna win this year ? Will it be mega rich Man City or mega rich Chelsea ?" This is the first time ever that on the eve of the Prem kicking off i haven't been excitedly anticipating it.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:09 pm

You only have to look at the prediction thread here and elsewhere to see how boring it is.
My Old Man
My Old Man

The Premiership. 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:35 pm

So because some big name players (not including James Rodriguez) want to play for Real Madrid and Barcelona makes it a much better league?
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 pm

To watch though, you can't beat english football.
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:38 am

whiteensign wrote:To watch though, you can't beat english football.

Very true, hence why its marketed world wide. But for skill and ability, the Bundesliga has it all. I remember when channel Four first started showing the Italian league and the excitement of watching all those great players...god, the football was sterile!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The.slow.divide Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:33 am

Having went to a couple of La liga games last year (granted not the big 4 teams) I think there is less passion in Spain less noise less chanting so on and the full game is slow (even with all the pace of players in the league).... They defo have the much stronger players and more technical gifted players ( I also think they draw players because they have the likes of messi and Ronaldo and always have had the top 2-3 players players want to test them self against the best )
but we have the fans the game is much faster end to end less tippy tappy football and more mans game tackling ( Proppa footie) and I think without checking stats more goals scored.
I'm the only one of my mates who think watching Spain dominate the last few years was a bit boring I rather a bit of British bulldog domination a bit long ball now and again not scared to wack it up field to a big number 9  I sort of think England miss that sort of player don't give a hell get in to any tackle don't care about giveing his team mates a bollocking stu Pearce type of guy

The prem is in my opinion the best league the best fans even go as far as best refs I think if we could entice the likes of messi Ronaldo( can only dream of them at this great club) back to the league there would be no touching the premiership, also there isnt many countries with a second league that's like the championship the football played in the league is such a different class to league 2s around the world
The.slow.divide

Back to top Go down

Post by The.slow.divide Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:39 am

My Old Man wrote:
whiteensign wrote:To watch though, you can't beat english football.

Very true, hence why its marketed world wide. But for skill and ability, the Bundesliga has it all. I remember when channel Four first started showing the Italian league and the excitement of watching all those great players...god, the football was sterile!

Hi My Old Man I just posted but then read your post I remember watching the Italian league on C4 loved it I'm sure they had highlights on a Saturday morning as well remembering a young Sebastian Frey in goal and thinking he should sign for villa. but back then that league was a different class now I watch it and think god this boring very very very boring
The.slow.divide

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:55 am

mDigital wrote:So because some big name players (not including James Rodriguez) want to play for Real Madrid and Barcelona makes it a much better league?

Thats not what i said is it ? I wouldn't write a paragraph if i could say it in a sentence. I said thats ONE of the reasons its a better league. Also what do you mean not including James Rodriguez ?
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Man U beaten today at home. Maybe Moyes wasn't as bad as the Man U fans thought. Obviously Fergie left an ageing squad which needed revamped and Moyes wasn't given the time to do it.
Morpheus
Morpheus

The Premiership. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Morpheus wrote:Man U beaten today at home. Maybe Moyes wasn't as bad as the Man U fans thought. Obviously Fergie left an ageing squad which needed revamped and Moyes wasn't given the time to do it.

Loved listening to some of them plastic whingers after the game. Man united "fans" are the epitomy of loathsome Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:06 pm

Bar was packed with them. Never seen so many faces like slapped arses. Oh how i chortled to myself. Very Happy 
Won't be long until they stop wearing their Replica tops again, just like last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:22 pm

German league is the best in my opinion.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down