The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Trolls Group...

+23
Frank Black
avillafan
CI
Mykey38
Dek of Villa
AstonThriller
Malandro
Emmanuel Kant
Villa_Dan
viva_la_amo
No Talent Jones
MDMA
JohnJones
Sceptical Villan
Uber_lowey
heystally!
randy.stand
Villafran
clarryblue
LeeS
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
BournVilla
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trolls Group... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolls Group...

Post by heystally! Mon May 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Villafran wrote:So, if I decide to go on a tread and say something nobody is allowed to question me??.

I would discuss what you said in a logical and friendly manner but I wouldn't question you as a person or your views/information (unless they were unacceptable, e.g. racist, sexist, etc.)

The issue here has been people coming on and saying Admin and others are full of shit (or words to that effect) without discussing why they disagree with his info, beyond saying "It hasn't happened yet so clearly you're wrong."

Not saying that justifies a Troll group, or aiming that at anyone in particular. But there has been too many posters trying to show up others as bullshitting when that hasn't been proven one way or another yet.
heystally!

Trolls Group... - Page 2 0_star10

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Villafran Mon May 19, 2014 1:55 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villafran wrote:So, if I decide to go on a tread and say something nobody is allowed to question me??.
If I disagree with what you've said I would say so. What I wouldn't say is that I think you're an idiot for saying it.
did I call anyone an idiot??.
Villafran

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeS Mon May 19, 2014 1:55 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
If I disagree with what you've said I would say so. What I wouldn't say is that I think you're an idiot for saying it.

Are we allowed to laugh at people on here? There are some hilarious posters who really need to take a long hard look at themselves. TBAR is like a refuge for misfits and weirdos from other Villa fora. The whole concept of a supernatural leader who can never be wrong (even when he is proven to be totally and utterly wrong) and his disciples, the Founding Fathers (from now on to be abbreviated as FFS), who defend his record of the sacred and holy ITK - it is like some deranged internet cult.

Brilliant entertainment and I love coming on this site to watch it all unfold. It is like watching a motorway pile up - horrifying, yet compelling. Keep up the good work!
LeeS

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Villafran wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
did I call anyone an idiot??.
My reply was hypothetical.
villabromsgrove

Trolls Group... - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon May 19, 2014 2:00 pm

I think everyone in the Troll Group should have their avatar changed to

Trolls Group... - Page 2 Trolldoll
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Trolls Group... - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Mon May 19, 2014 2:05 pm

LeeS wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Are we allowed to laugh at people on here? There are some hilarious posters who really need to take a long hard look at themselves. TBAR is like a refuge for misfits and weirdos from other Villa fora. The whole concept of a supernatural leader who can never be wrong (even when he is proven to be totally and utterly wrong) and his disciples, the Founding Fathers (from now on to be abbreviated as FFS), who defend his record of the sacred and holy ITK - it is like some deranged internet cult.

Brilliant entertainment and I love coming on this site to watch it all unfold. It is like watching a motorway pile up - horrifying, yet compelling. Keep up the good work!

And really it's statements like that that have led to this situation.

I'm pretty sure no one here is a drone, and they can think for themselves?

In which case:

If you enjoy the forum, if you think it has good debate, bit of banter but ultimately friendly, and you don't mind taking on board a bit of ITK info that may or may not be true, stay for the biscuits.

If you hate the forum, think the regular posters are idiots, don't believe any of the ITK comments and think everyone is a bullshitter, walk away. No one is forcing you to be here.

Either stick to the discussion about AVFC or don't post.

Comments like the above are exactly what internet trolls would post - specifically written to entice a reaction and an argument.
heystally!

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmanuel Kant Mon May 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Have you noticed that some of your posts get deleted yet?

My last one was.
Emmanuel Kant
Emmanuel Kant

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber_lowey Mon May 19, 2014 2:18 pm

LeeS wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Walking through town reading this and just absolutely laughed out loud. Well said
Uber_lowey

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Mon May 19, 2014 2:20 pm

I don't know the ins and outs of what has been said. But I've questioned Dinklemans claims a few times and I haven't been called a troll.

So perhaps its how you have phrased your posts. I'm sure if you asked the mods they will explain - I've found them all to be pretty reasonable
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber_lowey Mon May 19, 2014 2:22 pm

A part of me still thinks this forum is some kind of elaborate hoax
Uber_lowey

Back to top Go down

Post by Villafran Mon May 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Uber_lowey wrote:A part of me still thinks this forum is some kind of elaborate hoax
your like me, a troll. It's an awful affliction I'm seeking help.
Villafran

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmanuel Kant Mon May 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Malandro wrote:I don't know the ins and outs of what has been said. But I've questioned Dinklemans claims a few times and I haven't been called a troll.

So perhaps its how you have phrased your posts. I'm sure if you asked the mods they will explain - I've found them all to be pretty reasonable

It's not all mods, just one in my case. But every time I name him in a post it gets deleted.
Emmanuel Kant
Emmanuel Kant

Back to top Go down

Post by Villafran Mon May 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Thought I was taken off a section of the forum

Last edited by Villafran on Mon May 19, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villafran

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber_lowey Mon May 19, 2014 2:31 pm

EDIT: double post

Last edited by Uber_lowey on Mon May 19, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplication)
Uber_lowey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeS Mon May 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Uber_lowey wrote:A part of me still thinks this forum is some kind of elaborate hoax

I made that point a while ago. When Admin did his whole "Admin has now logged on" thing. Followed by a countdown until Admin posts. Then other posters were wetting themselves in anticipation of what he was going to say. Which turned out to be the non-news of our non-takeover or some other baseless ITK. Which has now been re-spun as being right because it was wrong, or something. I cant fathom.

Anyway, I was told (admittedly in a perfectly cordial way) that it isnt a hoax - just a bit of fun. As an observer it certainly is that.  

Highlight has been the bloke who rang the New York restaurant pretending to work for the club to ask for their zip code. Which, instead of being called out as bizarre and worrying behaviour for a grown adult, was lauded as super-sleuthing and proof that a Villa meeting was happening there - which it plainly wasn't (proof, that is). It is beyond parody and if it was a hoax you wouldn't fall for it.

To heystally, I'm not trolling. I genuinely think this site is the best entertainment on the internet right now. I am just being honest in my appraisal. No offence meant to any individuals. But if you set yourself up as a cult figure and surround yourself with sycophants then expect to get a reaction.
LeeS

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon May 19, 2014 2:51 pm

LeeS wrote:

For me whats really "funny" is watching how utterly petrified and straight up jealous some of the other forums..(including the one you came from aka H&V) have acted towards this site even though it's still in it's infancy  Laughing . I mean go on both of the two "main" forums and you'll see "tbar this, tbar that"..why so obsessed? if it's as big a "joke" as some of you believe it to be why talk about it and go out of your way to sign up?  Rolling Eyes the bottom line is those forums can't handle being outshined..and that's what's causing members from each forum to be negative and want to throw stones if someone here posts something that doesn't come to pass.

I mean you go on about "defending Admin"...but is he the only man to get something wrong? on H&V they've got a bloke named "londonboy" posting "itk" which hasn't come off...on Vt they've got a guy called "mendi" posting all sorts of rubbish and now some of them clowns are bowing to the feet of some poster named "kwan" who claims he works at the "bank of america" and knows who the buyer is...so before people start judging this place they need to look in the mirror.

In closing i want to appeal to the sensible members here and say that we must not let other forum's envy ruin this place...yes there's been some setbacks but we've got a good thing going here and long may it continue....people aren't talking about this forum 24/7 for nothing.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Trolls Group... - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeS Mon May 19, 2014 3:08 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
LeeS wrote:

For me whats really "funny" is watching how utterly petrified and straight up jealous some of the other forums..(including the one you came from aka H&V) have acted towards this site even though it's still in it's infancy  Laughing . I mean go on both of the two "main" forums and you'll see "tbar this, tbar that"..why so obsessed? if it's as big a "joke" as some of you believe it to be why talk about it and go out of your way to sign up?  Rolling Eyes the bottom line is those forums can't handle being outshined..and that's what's causing members from each forum to be negative and want to throw stones if someone here posts something that doesn't come to pass.

I mean you go on about "defending Admin"...but is he the only man to get something wrong? on H&V they've got a bloke named "londonboy" posting "itk" which hasn't come off...on Vt they've got a guy called "mendi" posting all sorts of rubbish and now some of them clowns are bowing to the feet of some poster named "kwan" who claims he works at the "bank of america" and knows who the buyer is...so before people start judging this place they need to look in the mirror.

In closing i want to appeal to the sensible members here and say that we must not let other forum's envy ruin this place...yes there's been some setbacks but we've got a good thing going here and long may it continue....people aren't talking about this forum 24/7 for nothing.

I dont "come from H&V". I live in London. I cant speak for other posters, but I am not envious. I dont belong to an H&V clique or know any other H&V posters.

I first started visiting TBAR because I am a Villa fan and it is a Villa forum. I've stayed because it is amusing. And I post because it is a message board for messages and I've got something I want to say. As for Admin, he may not be the first to get a piece of ITK wrong, but only a blind man would fail to see that he set himself up as something above all other ITKs. Trotters has repeatedly stated how Admin is right more than anyone else (thus elevating him above other ITKs).Having a banner that reads "Lambert is gone (Admin confirms)" or something similar (its gone now, obviously), gives more fuel to people who think there is a cult-ish element to the site.

I dont care what anyone else on H&V thinks about it but I have said nothing on there that I haven't said on here.

LeeS

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Mon May 19, 2014 3:13 pm

LeeS wrote:To heystally, I'm not trolling. I genuinely think this site is the best entertainment on the internet right now. I am just being honest in my appraisal. No offence meant to any individuals. But if you set yourself up as a cult figure and surround yourself with sycophants then expect to get a reaction.

I felt posting about it being a car crash that you are enjoying watching was little odd and misguided.

And I think regarding people who hold Admin in high regard, some of it should be taken with a pinch of salt (as you mentioned above, it is a bit of fun). But perhaps keep your personal feelings to yourself - the old "If you can't say something nice."

Not accusing yourself of being like this all the time, there are a few posters on here who still need to grasp it.
heystally!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Mon May 19, 2014 3:18 pm

What I find pathetic is the way posters from the other two main sites visit here and then go running back with juvenile remarks full of sarcasm and bitterness.

Simple solution is if you don't like what goes on here, then please just stay away.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeS Mon May 19, 2014 3:21 pm

heystally! wrote:
LeeS wrote:To heystally, I'm not trolling. I genuinely think this site is the best entertainment on the internet right now. I am just being honest in my appraisal. No offence meant to any individuals. But if you set yourself up as a cult figure and surround yourself with sycophants then expect to get a reaction.

I felt posting about it being a car crash that you are enjoying watching was little odd and misguided.

And I think regarding people who hold Admin in high regard, some of it should be taken with a pinch of salt (as you mentioned above, it is a bit of fun). But perhaps keep your personal feelings to yourself - the old "If you can't say something nice."

Not accusing yourself of being like this all the time, there are a few posters on here who still need to grasp it.

The car crash anaology is well known and oft-used (e.g. car-crash telly, so bad you want to look away but can't). So I dont think it was misguided.

However, I am not on here to wind people up. I am sure Admin is a top guy in real life. No offence meant to anyone on a personal level.
LeeS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykey38 Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 pm

As someone who has lurked but only posted once can I say that I do wonder how the people who started this forum will look back at forming this group in a few weeks time.
Mykey38

Back to top Go down

Post by CI Mon May 19, 2014 3:50 pm

How can you tell if you're in this group ? Do you need to check feet for long hairs
CI
CI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Mykey38 wrote:As someone who has lurked but only posted once can I say that I do wonder how the people who started this forum will look back at forming this group in a few weeks time.
I suspect they'll regret not having the funds to hire Chris Tarrant to throw buckets of water at the trolls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uber_lowey Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 pm

LeeS wrote:

I made that point a while ago. When Admin did his whole "Admin has now logged on" thing. Followed by a countdown until Admin posts. Then other posters were wetting themselves in anticipation of what he was going to say. Which turned out to be the non-news of our non-takeover or some other baseless ITK. Which has now been re-spun as being right because it was wrong, or something. I cant fathom.

Anyway, I was told (admittedly in a perfectly cordial way) that it isnt a hoax - just a bit of fun. As an observer it certainly is that.  

Highlight has been the bloke who rang the New York restaurant pretending to work for the club to ask for their zip code. Which, instead of being called out as bizarre and worrying behaviour for a grown adult, was lauded as super-sleuthing and proof that a Villa meeting was happening there - which it plainly wasn't (proof, that is). It is beyond parody and if it was a hoax you wouldn't fall for it.

To heystally, I'm not trolling. I genuinely think this site is the best entertainment on the internet right now. I am just being honest in my appraisal. No offence meant to any individuals. But if you set yourself up as a cult figure and surround yourself with sycophants then expect to get a reaction.

Beautifully put.
Uber_lowey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeS Mon May 19, 2014 5:49 pm

FYI - Admin has apologised in the section off limits to Trolls and non-members.

Last edited by LeeS on Mon May 19, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
LeeS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next