The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Who would you take from the relegated clubs?

+8
mickjacobjr
heykey89
Trainspotter
Since75
thegaffer6
KMitch
Zinedine Salifou
Kill@r33
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would you take from the relegated clubs? Empty Who would you take from the relegated clubs?

Post by Kill@r33 Thu May 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Not sure if this topic has been done before but still...

The season is all but over, and this is realistically the level we are at in the transfer market atm. And there are some good players playing for those clubs that could do a job for us.

These would be my choices:

Cardiff:

Steven Caulker is the obvious one, young good defender definitely better than Clarke or Baker.
Medel for me is a good DM, he impressed when we played them earlier this season. He keeps things ticking over in terms of passing but also a good amount of tackles and interceptions.
Zaha is not owned by Cardiff but he would be a good addition if surplus to Utd's requirements. He has the talent and is still young enough to improve.
Mutch is a also a player who has impressed me, he seems to have a good touch and eye for a pass playing as an AM or just behind the striker. Good amount of assists this season in a Cardiff side that hasnt scored too much.

Fulham:

Not really a lot there for me, I like Holtby as an AM, think he would really flourish in a side set up for him. Good at passing and creating chances. Not a Fulham player though and Im pretty sure he would be expensive.
Dejagah looks a decent player but he wouldnt be anywhere near my top choices. Iv always liked Taraabt as a talent, the biggest problem with him is his ego and getting that talent out on a consistent basis. He would probably end up at Milan given the way he has been playing for them.

Norwich:

Iv always liked Bassong, he hasnt had his best season but last year he was immense. Very pacy defender, the kind that can get you out of trouble and would allow you to play a high line. Not the biggest tho and would need a dominant partner to play alongside him.
Leroy Fer looks a good player, box to box player who can defend as well as attack. Good shooting, decent passing, decent pace. Could be a good addition.
Snodgrass, not my favourite player but definitely Norwich's most effective. Dont think he's pacy enough to be a winger even tho he plays on the wing. Reminds me a bit of Barry with his lazy but effective style. But dont think he is technically good enough to move to CM. Great left foot though, great delivery and set pieces too.
Hoolahan, I think that ship has sailed... good little player, good creator of chances and would improve us but theres better players out there that are more consistent.
Some would suggest Redmond, I think he is a dangerous player but not technically good enough for me. A bit like Albrighton, headless chicken at times.
Olsson, He's a decent left back. Technically good, thought he was a good prospect when he was at Blackburn thought we should have bought him when they went down... just shows how long we've needed a good LB!

Personally out of all of those, due to the type of players we need, I would take Medel, Holtby, Zaha and Bassong. But I wouldnt be unhappy with any of these.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?
Kill@r33

Who would you take from the relegated clubs? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Who would you take from the relegated clubs? Empty Re: Who would you take from the relegated clubs?

Post by Zinedine Salifou Thu May 08, 2014 1:50 pm

There's several factors that need to be considered, both spurs and united will be having new managers this summer so it is unknown whether Holtby or Zaha are surplus to requirements or not. But I do agree, these two players would add some attacking quality to our midfield.

I don't really fancy any other players from relegated teams this year but I think we missed a chance last year to get Callum McManaman from Wigan. He'd be very handy to have on our wings.
Zinedine Salifou
Zinedine Salifou

Back to top Go down

Who would you take from the relegated clubs? Empty Re: Who would you take from the relegated clubs?

Post by KMitch Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Holtby, Dejagah, Caulker, Mutch, Howson, & Fer

Only for the right price, though.
KMitch
KMitch

Who would you take from the relegated clubs? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 pm

I was really impressed with Medel. Seems to have that bit of nous that we've lacked in defensive midfield. He has a bit of a reputation for tough tackling but cleaned up his act since coming here. Of course I wouldn't know how well he has played in other games for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:I was really impressed with Medel. Seems to have that bit of nous that we've lacked in defensive midfield. He has a bit of a reputation for tough tackling but cleaned up his act since coming here. Of course I wouldn't know how well he has played in other games for them.

Tough tackling is fine in my book. You need one in midfield and all four defenders able to dish it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Steve Sidwell has been one of Fulham's best players this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Thu May 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Nigel Lowe wrote:Steve Sidwell has been one of Fulham's best players this season.

Sidwell has had a good season but signing him would be like a step backwards. I know he would do better than players like Sylla and El Ahmadi atm but we know Sidwell and his limitations. Decent player for a club looking to consolidate, not for a club looking to grow.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:04 pm

Great ball boy though Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Thu May 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Great ball boy though Very Happy

If Villa want to pay somebody £40k a week to be the ball boy Id gladly offer my service. Fact id do it for half that price!  Very Happy 

Ill do all the time wasting / catching / throwing training needed. 8) 
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Deff take Jordan Mutch - cracking player. Ex nose though....

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Thu May 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Caulker, Medel, Marshall (if someone were to come in for Guzan) from Cardiff for me!

Dejagah would be a decent option for a wide player IMO and Dan Burn looks a cracking CB in the making from Fulham.

Norwich...slim pickings! Think Howson has the potential to be a decent player, Hooper has looked dangerous when they've actually played him and Snodgrass is one of the most creative players in the lower half of the table IMO, cracking delivery from set pieces too!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Marshall is a great keeper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Since75 Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Steven Caulker.
Since75
Since75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:10 pm

I was going to make a joke about pinching the manager from Norwich but couldn't...

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainspotter Fri May 09, 2014 2:50 am

I would love it if we got Taraabt. Yes he has had his problems but every team needs a player like him and Villa don't have any.
Trainspotter
Trainspotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 11:17 am

Taraabt has never really done it anywhere has he? He has quite often looked good but more often looked as good as a man short.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 am

Billy McBingo wrote:Taraabt has never really done it anywhere has he? He has quite often looked good but more often looked as good as a man short.

Not really for any reasonable period of time. By all accounts he's playing great football at Milan... thats what happens when he is motivated to give his best and earn a contract at a club he wants to be at. He did do it for a period at QPR he was their main threat for half a season before he fell out with the manager. Thats the problem with him... hes too much of a risk. Would be a great player to have playing in the no 10 role behind the striker if you can get him motivated to give his all. Undoubtedly has a huge amount of talent.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by heykey89 Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Cardiff:
Mads M. Daehli
W. Zaha
S. Caulker
G. Medel
C. Noone

Fulham:
L. Holtby
A. Dejagah
F. Amorebieta
H. Rodallega (if we're in danger of going down next year)

Norwich:
R. Snodgrass
heykey89

Back to top Go down

Post by mickjacobjr Fri May 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Caulker and holtby only two for me
mickjacobjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Fri May 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Daelhi looks to have a decent touch and technique and could be a prospect but far too inexperienced for me. He could do well after a season in the championship.

Noone looked really good in a couple games, I remember the Man City game when he turned their defenders inside out. Not really consistent tho.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Fri May 09, 2014 8:22 pm

heykey89 wrote:Cardiff:
Mads M. Daehli
W. Zaha
S. Caulker
G. Medel
C. Noone

Fulham:
L. Holtby
A. Dejagah
F. Amorebieta

Norwich:
R. Snodgrass

So, after just avoiding relegation again, you would take 10 players from the relegated teams!!!
And people go on about Paul Lambert Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by heykey89 Fri May 09, 2014 9:36 pm

whiteensign wrote:
heykey89 wrote:Cardiff:
Mads M. Daehli
W. Zaha
S. Caulker
G. Medel
C. Noone

Fulham:
L. Holtby
A. Dejagah
F. Amorebieta

Norwich:
R. Snodgrass

So, after just avoiding relegation again, you would take 10 players from the relegated teams!!!
And people go on about Paul Lambert Wink

No, those are just the players i rate. To be honest i would probably choose Caulker, Daehli and Holtby.
heykey89

Back to top Go down

Post by DancinPete Fri May 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Caulker would be a good signing, but then you've the issue of someone getting upset out of him, okore and vlaar at some stage. not that that's a bad issue to have given okore's still only a nipper himself. i think with okore, vlaar, caulker, baker and clark we'd be very reasonably covered at the back

medel too would be a find signing i reckon

and if we were in for holtby originally as lambert seems to have said, but we couldn't afford his wages, maybe we'll have better luck with another attempt
DancinPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Kill@r33 wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:Taraabt has never really done it anywhere has he? He has quite often looked good but more often looked as good as a man short.

Not really for any reasonable period of time. By all accounts he's playing great football at Milan... thats what happens when he is motivated to give his best and earn a contract at a club he wants to be at. He did do it for a period at QPR he was their main threat for half a season before he fell out with the manager. Thats the problem with him... hes too much of a risk. Would be a great player to have playing in the no 10 role behind the striker if you can get him motivated to give his all. Undoubtedly has a huge amount of talent.

What, wait? He's at Milan?  :shock: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Kevin Prince-Boateng ended up there too. Maybe they like signing Spurs rejects?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next