The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Stefan Beinlich

2 posters

Go down

Stefan Beinlich Empty Stefan Beinlich

Post by whiteensign Wed May 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Who else was there for Stefan Beinlich's only goal for Villa?
A Wednesday night up at St James Park, we lost 5-1 then we went and smashed up the Dell on the Saturday, a 4-1 defeat to Southampton!!!
It daint matter though, we won the cup :) 1994 :)
whiteensign
whiteensign

Stefan Beinlich 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Stefan Beinlich Empty Re: Stefan Beinlich

Post by pooligan Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Was not there for Beinlich's only goal in a Villa shirt up at Newcastle but saw him score lots of goals for our reserve side .He was a very underated player at Villa, but i believe he went on to have a very good career upon returning to Germany.
pooligan

Stefan Beinlich 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:44 pm

pooligan wrote:Was not there for Beinlich's only goal in a Villa shirt up at Newcastle but saw him score lots of goals for our reserve side .He was a very underated player at Villa, but i believe he went on to have a very good career upon returning to Germany.

Villa in that era seemed to have a few under-rated players. I think Big Ron was a bit too fond of his favourites?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 pm

That was the side of him that used to drive you daft, always picked his favourites regardless of form. And John fucking Fashanu.

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Yeah Big Ron use to disappoint me at times with always playing his favourites whatever. I remember the season we came second to United, Atkinson and Saunders were playing well and then Atkinson got injured and a young Dwight Young came in.He played well and scored goals,but as soon as "sicknote" was fit he was back in the team and although he failed to score kept his place no matter what
pooligan

Stefan Beinlich 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 4:58 am

A friend of mine worked for Villa's Solicitors at that time...Edge Ellison (?). He was given the task by Doug of handing BFR his P45 following the League Cup defeat at Wimbledon.

My friend? Digby Jones. Didn't do too badly for himself after he quit the legal firm and joined the Dept of Trade & Industry.

Ron's downfall was almost certainly his habit of letting the team pick itself week in week out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum