The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa management and coaching staff

+6
tonyp
KMitch
Wookster
whiteensign
heystally!
villashrew
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Villa management and coaching staff - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa management and coaching staff

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Aye, I can see him staying at Sunderland to be honest. If I was the CEO or owner there and he had done that job for me I'd be working towards giving him the authority he seeks so I think he'll get what he wants. Still it's another name to put out there.

Mardybum72 wrote:What about Nicola Cortese to come in as the new CEO?....move Faulkner into a more suitable role alongside.
Wouldbn't mind seeing the Cortese/Pocchetino partnership rekindled at Villa Park. They never overspent at Southampton, played great football and blood a host of academy kids.

Thoughts?

It's something suggested before on another thread and it seemed like a winner to me as it brought together a good football administrator and a successful manager with a good relationship. Also think that keeping Faulkner is not that bad idea. Ultimately being CEO was too big a job for him but he does have some skills that have stood him well away from the football side. For example see how well we've done commercially in the past few years with the cultivation of new commercial partners.

Yes I agree. There should be a role for him at Villa Park...Chief Operating Officer was his initial role I believe....sounds ok to me....just keep him away from transfer dealings and manager appointments!!!

Would really like to see Pocchetino at Villa. I would be confident that several of our current U18 - U21 players would make a serious impact over the next 18 months.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2