The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The future of Villa Park

+11
tonyp
whiteensign
Dotcomsimon
Leighton
Olofsbeard
AltyVilla
Withes Sweatbands
villashrew
villabromsgrove
Tomy-Flemba
HarryAVFC
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The future of Villa Park Empty The future of Villa Park

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Dream time....
If we get multi billionaire owners who intend to turn us into world club champions what would, could, should happen to Villa Park?
Stay forever and develop or move and build a fancy new stadium?
If we stay what do you want to happen?
If we finish up moving what would you want to happen?
The only limits are your imagination and your love for Villa.

Back to top Go down

The future of Villa Park Empty Re: The future of Villa Park

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Stay forever and develop. New North Stand, enhanced hospitality to raise more money. Not sure there is much of a need for massively enhanced capacity. Don't see the need for anything beyond 50,000 as 43,000 is more than enough at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:07 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Stay forever and develop. New North Stand, enhanced hospitality to raise more money. Not sure there is much of a need for massively enhanced capacity. Don't see the need for anything beyond 50,000 as 43,000 is more than enough at the moment.
Don't forget the glory hunters from all over the country...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Develop the existing ground would be my choice.
But in the future, like has been posted on another thread, take the Holte facade down brick by brick and the Trinity and incorporate it in a new stadium would also be a decent idea...for the future, not now.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue May 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Develop. The plans a few years ago for the North Stand looked brilliant
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

The future of Villa Park 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Aston Villa and Villa Park go together. I would not like to see us ever leave. There is acres of room for expansion at the Witton End if needs be.

Villa Park is a special place steeped in character even with all the changes since the Taylor report. There is just some indefinable thing about the place that makes it special despite all the changes.

I would we will always play at Villa Park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:16 pm

As we're in fantasizing mode, redevelop the North Stand, then do the Doug Ellis/Witton Lane Stand.

The biggest issue with higher capacity would possibly be transport infrastructure. Maybe the provision of extra trains into Brum and beyond, Walsall and Sutton would be a partial solution, but what else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:Aston Villa and Villa Park go together. I would not like to see us ever leave. There is acres of room for expansion at the Witton End if needs be.

Villa Park is a special place steeped in character even with all the changes since the Taylor report. There is just some indefinable thing about the place that makes it special despite all the changes.

I would we will always play at Villa Park.
Do we own the houses opposite ? If so knock them down and a huge stand on that side would be good. Same as Trinity ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Move to the nec as it's only 15 minutes away for me :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Eastie wrote:Move to the nec as it's only 15 minutes away for me :)
NO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Tue May 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Haha same as me pal. Wasn't it nearby where they were talking of building the new Wembley Stadium? Like I said in a previous thread, despite it being more convenient from my point of view, it wouldn't quite be the same. For me the Etihad and the Emirates are both pretty soulless places and that's how a new stadium would feel to me. Plus we wouldn't technically be ASTON Villa would we if we moved that far afield? More like Solihull Villa or Elmdon Villa. Not quite the same  :shock: 
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

The future of Villa Park 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Tomy-Flemba wrote:

Haha same as me pal. Wasn't it nearby where they were talking of building the new Wembley Stadium? Like I said in a previous thread, despite it being more convenient from my point of view, it wouldn't quite be the same. For me the Etihad and the Emirates are both pretty soulless places and that's how a new stadium would feel to me. Plus we wouldn't technically be ASTON Villa would we if we moved that far afield? More like Solihull Villa or Elmdon Villa. Not quite the same  :shock: 
Red Bull Villa  :face: 

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Villa Park AEG Arena. Sorted.
villabromsgrove

The future of Villa Park 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 4:35 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Villa Park AEG Arena. Sorted.
Thank you sir, that will be 1 billion of your finest pounds. Plus 50 million in 'fines' to keep the FFP in order, in a brown envelope if you please...

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Fergal wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Villa Park AEG Arena. Sorted.
Thank you sir, that will be 1 billion of your finest pounds. Plus 50 million in 'fines' to keep the FFP in order, in a brown envelope if you please...
UEFA top bods will be rubbing their sticky hands together and eyeing the luxury Yacht market.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue May 06, 2014 4:53 pm

I personally would not be too adverse to a new stadium in the future. As long as it is just not another faceless and insipid modern bowl design. Whatever happens I would hope any new stadium would have a traditional home end called the holte that is separate from the other three sides. If they could make an exact replica externally of the current holte then all the better. Any new stadium would have to retain the identity of villa park and definitely have a holte end. they can call the other three stands what the hell they like for all I care.
villashrew
villashrew

The future of Villa Park 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Tue May 06, 2014 5:09 pm

I think the only problem with Villa Park is its location as much as it oozes history ...... If were are taken over by someone like the AEG group then I think it's a huge possibility that within the next decade we move to the NEC site. They wouldn't just utilise it for Villa games it would be used across all entertainment genres( wow that's a good word ... Genre..lol) if Arsenal can do it then we can and I would class highbury as being in the same historic bracket as VP. I would imagine that it would be used for all sorts and would make packets for birmingham council and us ....

Agree we would have to pay homage to VP in some sort or other The AEG arena Villa Park or along those lines. It would be the stadium the country needs as we'll save having to trek down to Wembley all the time ....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 5:21 pm

If we move ground, I'm finished with Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 06, 2014 5:27 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:If we move ground, I'm finished with Villa.
Doesn't that mean that the ground is more important to you than the team? (It's just a question because I love Villa Park to)
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 5:34 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
The Bald Eagle wrote:If we move ground, I'm finished with Villa.
Doesn't that mean that the ground is more important to you than the team? (It's just a question because I love Villa Park to)

The ground, even though it has changed, has many great memories for me. If we were to move, all that would be gone. We would also have a load of people turning up as if they are going to the cinema, all jostling for position with the new owners. There are countless reasons but it is too much trouble typing them into this iPhone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:26 pm

For me there are things that are non-negotiable. The ground, the name, the colours are all part of what made me fall in love with the club. I hate it when other clubs move ground, let alone us. There is also the question of what is wrong with Villa Park. Anything I can think of that can be improved with it can be improved with redevelopment to the existing stadium.

As an aside, I see that it is now 500 days to the Rugby World Cup with Villa Park being a venue. What effect would that have upon plans? The way I see it is that means that any ground improvements such as the North Stand development discussed elsewhere would need to be held off until Summer 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:49 pm

or started now :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:19 pm

I cant see any new owner being daft enough to leave Villa Park, if they did it might be the straw that breaks my back.  I think I would cry if it was really going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Villa Park is on a site with the capacity at the North Stand End to grow by at least another 10,000. There is no good reason to move to a new site. If needed way down the line, could a third tier be added to the Witton Lane Stand? If they could build over Trinity Road surely some sort of new structure could be built on the other side also?

Back to top Go down

Post by AltyVilla Tue May 06, 2014 7:33 pm

As others have said there is more than enough room to develop Villa Park.

1. Redevelop the North Stand with a Holte like structure. Lower tier easily convertible into Safe standing and wrapping into the Trinity and Witton Lane.

2. Make the Holte a 1 tier stand when not if Safe Standing happens. The split level Holte has not helped the atmosphere at all.

3. Can we do anything with the Witton Lane stand?
AltyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next