The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction

+6
GadgetMan
Denis_B
HH 8166
Trainspotter
pooligan
Trotters
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction - Page 3 Empty Re: Howard Hodgson - An Introduction

Post by HH 8166 Tue May 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Fans deserve better Ian. Its a real testament to the loyalty of the fans that despite 4 years on the spin of failure and struggle we still average 36,000 crowds. However without a takeover this summer or a continuation of the way the club has been run we will see a big drop next season.
The good news is I am convinced a takeover will happen and us fans can start to enjoy it again.
HH 8166

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction - Page 3 0_star10

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction - Page 3 Empty Re: Howard Hodgson - An Introduction

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Absolutely Howard, good news is on the horizon at last. We deserve it.

Back to top Go down

Post by bootneck Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 am

What a brilliant thread this is.
Howard do you have any idea if RL got to read your letter or do you think PF binned it ?
When the revolution comes (and if you were invited), would you have time to help/advise with a seat on the board.  With your love of the club, it's fans and it's history coupled with your undoubted business acumen, you could offer your expertise and be the fans link to the owners.
bootneck
bootneck

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu May 08, 2014 12:05 pm

bootneck wrote:What a brilliant thread this is.
Howard do you have any idea if RL got to read your letter or do you think PF binned it ?
When the revolution comes (and if you were invited), would you have time to help/advise with a seat on the board.  With your love of the club, it's fans and it's history coupled with your undoubted business acumen, you could offer your expertise and be the fans link to the owners.

I'd do it with pleasure for free.. I've told Lerner that in the past but not interested. I'd be more than happy to make time for the new owners but they probably won't need me as with a bit of luck they will learn from Lerner's mistakes.
As for the letter I don't know. He had replied to another one in the past and Faulkner assured me both Lerner and Lambert had seen it and were furious about it!  :evil: Not sure why? It was pretty reasonable and all has panned out as predicted.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Seems a bizarre way to treat a customer.

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 am

Ian wrote:Seems a bizarre way to treat a customer.

Indeed.. Especially one who has had a season ticket for 34 years and the last 2 years sponsored many games and spent thousands in corporate hospitality.. Faulkner instead spoke to me like a naughty school boy. Not professional at all.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Fri May 09, 2014 12:14 pm

HH 8166 wrote:Thanks very much guys.. Have to say the site is refreshing with less cynics than on most Villa websites.

I believe that there is a strong recruitment drive going on that will increase the number of cynics exponentially  Wink 
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Fri May 09, 2014 12:15 pm

thetrees wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:Thanks very much guys.. Have to say the site is refreshing with less cynics than on most Villa websites.

I believe that there is a strong recruitment drive going on that will increase the number of cynics exponentially  Wink 

Are you TheTrees from VT.. Expert in aviation?  :) 
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Fri May 09, 2014 12:21 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
thetrees wrote:

I am the one, although I do not profess expertise, merely an observant eye and a reasonably analytical mind!

Had I known that you 'knew' me, I would have introduced myself at the Cardiff away game. I was on the table next to yours Very Happy 
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Fri May 09, 2014 12:26 pm

thetrees wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:
thetrees wrote:

I am the one, although I do not profess expertise, merely an observant eye and a reasonably analytical mind!

Had I known that you 'knew' me, I would have introduced myself at the Cardiff away game. I was on the table next to yours Very Happy 

That was my Father and brother (Jamieson).. I did not go to that game..

I don't know you but your posts on VT (a site I never visit) are famous for sightings of Lerner's jet and often make it to my twitter feed. Anyway nice to make your acquaintance.

If you read some of the stuff (Some is on here) I have written in last 3 months I also have analytical mind.. UTV

HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Fri May 09, 2014 12:49 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
thetrees wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:
thetrees wrote:

That was my Father and brother (Jamieson).. I did not go to that game..

I don't know you but your posts on VT (a site I never visit) are famous for sightings of Lerner's jet and often make it to my twitter feed. Anyway nice to make your acquaintance.

If you read some of the stuff (Some is on here) I have written in last 3 months I also have analytical mind.. UTV

Ah ha. I recognised your father. It was a good one to miss anyway.
Likewise, and I hope that some of your analyses come true. Having renewed my season ticket without any expectation of anything better, I am hoping to be proven wrong. UTV
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri May 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Welcome aboard trees. I know you received a little flak for your observations. Could really do with that info in the coming days. Are you willing to share on here? Any info greatly received. Nice to see you still posting anyway.

I tweeted you H but really sorry to hear about poor Bozzie, hope he fights and is better soon mate
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Fri May 09, 2014 12:57 pm

TheEgo wrote:Welcome aboard trees. I know you received a little flak for your observations. Could really do with that info in the coming days. Are you willing to share on here? Any info greatly received. Nice to see you still posting anyway.

I tweeted you H but really sorry to hear about poor Bozzie, hope he fights and is better soon mate

Thanks
If you stick your head above the parapet, there are always people who like to take pot shots, as Howard will testify. Fortunately I have a few friends who made a few quid on the back of my postings.

I continue to observe. If I see anything that potentially matches up I will share on here and VT.
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri May 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Good man. I read VT and have posted a few times in recent weeks. There so only so much you can post though. Are you on twitter? Give me a follow if so.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Just to echo mattys words howard - hope bozzie comes through his health problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Where has Howard fucked off to?
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

Terry Derry wrote:Where has Howard fucked off to?
Busy with other commitments i believe.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:51 pm

He was at Doug Ellis’ funeral today and posted a picture of his own car. Sorry but Howard is a knobhead.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Terry Derry wrote:He was at Doug Ellis’ funeral today and posted a picture of his own car. Sorry but Howard is a knobhead.

I take great offence at such a comment. Anyone can read the tweet on my twitter feed. I posted a tweet about Doug's funeral and a few pictures from a very sad, but beautiful occasion. The photo with my car in, was to show Doug's famous roller, AV1 outside the Hole Suite, one last time. I took it, just before I left, so my car was included in the photo.

You sir, are a troll. You don't know me, you have never met me, yet you think it's acceptable to post on here, behind a screen, that "I am a knobhead"?
Doug Ellis was a dear friend of my Grandfather, gave my Dad his first job in life at Mato and became a great friend of mine in the last 20 years. So your comments are highly inappropriate, and for someone who is 53, according to your profile, you really ought to know better.

I am and always will be, an Aston Villa supporter. You are as well. So the fact you have never met me, yet we support the same club, it's disappointing to have to read insults like that, when they are totally unwarranted, especially when involving such a personal and sad occasion like a funeral.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:02 am

Nice to see you back. Sorry if I upset you.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3