The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Squad value

4 posters

Go down

Squad value Empty Squad value

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:07 am

I was just daydreaming and thinking about the millions we have spent over the last few years.  
How much do you think our squad is worth?
How much do we realistically need to spend to get back to being a top 6 club?
How much would we need to spend to get in the top 4 ?
Finally how much to win the premiership?
The numbers are frightening.

Back to top Go down

Squad value Empty Re: Squad value

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 am

MV on the table appears to be the mean value of each player, market value divided by number in squad.
Our players are valued at £3.1m whereas the average for a top four side is £14m

Last edited by The Bald Eagle on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 am

Blimey, a squad of 28 with a combined value of 87 million.  That really is optimistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 am

If you click on the clubs name you get a breakdown showing each player.

Last edited by The Bald Eagle on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:26 am

Some plucky wins aside, I think it could be argued we are one of the worst sides in the league and have been for the past three years.

To guarantee that we would be safely in mid-table, i.e on around 40 points by the end of March next season, we'd need to add two quality full-backs and two quality midfielders. An upgrade on Gabby or Weimann might also be required. To do that you are looking at £35m-£40m. To go that bit further and start competing with those top eight clubs, City, Chelsea, Asenal, United, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Southampton will take a huge amount. A complete rebuild would be needed.

Looking at the league, breaking into even the top 6 or 7 is going to be an awful lot harder now than it was back in the MON days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Aye. I think one of the features of this season has been the big difference between the top seven or so and the rest. Even within that there's a bit of a gap between the rest of the top ten and the bottom half where we lie.

Even if the party who takes us over dedicates a huge amount of funding to bringing in new players I'd only really see us pushing into that top 7/8 grouping in the first season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrave Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:
Blimey, a squad of 28 with a combined value of 87 million.  That really is optimistic.

I think that the £87m figure isn't far off to be honest.
Obviously everyone will have their own view on this but apart from Benteke we don't really have any high value players that are worth over £10m (I know there is also a separate argument about "worth" and what other clubs would need to pay to buy the player etc but that's for another time).

Aside from Benteke, what other valuable players do we have? Guzan, Vlaar, Delph... and then maybe Kozak and Gabby (at a push) are probably all in the £5m-£10m bracket. The rest of the squad are probably less than that in terms of market value.

Just my opinion, but we're clearly going to need to sort out a number of positions. We have a decent spine to the team (when they're all fit!) but the midfield and attacking creative/wide areas need serious investment as a priority.

Elrave
Elrave

Squad value 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by marcxc1983 Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Just for a laugh, go onto the championship and look at the noses, £475.000 av! £13m total, we could buy the whole squad for the value of Bentekes right leg...to think Yeung bought them for £80m and with a ground worth as much as a Freddo chocolate bar, shocking!
marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Squad value 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Where do they get the money from to carry on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 am

Gate receipts cover zigic's salary. I imagine they still have a. Few sponsor tied into a contract. TV money.

There's no way any more dodgy Chinese money is flowing through the place.

They are properly PROPERLY bollocksed.
Trotters
Trotters

Squad value 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 am

Squad value?

About 57p & a packet of pork scratchings...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Squad value 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:40 pm

The thing is who exactly would buy our players?

Who's gonna pay £4M odd for Guzan? Why would they? A million for Given? What? Who? Why? All that money for Charlie? Again, who, why? It's nonsense - you could go through just about every single one of our players on there and not find a buyer at ANY price, never mind trumpeted up bollocks millions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 pm

I think we'd have plenty of buyers for Guzan at £4million...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum