The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Deadline Day

+4
deadbuzz
Dazzle
FoxyAV
Saunders82
8 posters

Go down

Deadline Day Empty Deadline Day

Post by Saunders82 Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:05 am

Well its the start of the circus known as "Deadline Day" first news of the day is theres lots of talk that Mings is/has signed for us, I'm sure there will be plenty of stories lets hope that some bear fruit UTV Deadline Day 1520050566 Deadline Day 1520050566 Deadline Day 1520050566 Deadline Day 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty Re: Deadline Day

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm

Bedeau being sold to Scunthorpe is an odd one, he was heralded as the next big thing and looked good in U23 matches but it's rumoured we'll sell him before his contract runs out in the summer. Left-sided too. I suppose you'd want to go though if the manager would rather play Jedi in that position than you.

Hogan to Sheffield United is interesting, if they play him correctly he could score a lot of goals for them. It's a loan though, which makes sense if we're still in the Championship next season and Tammy goes, what with Hogan and Smith working really well together at Brentford. If Sheffield get him scoring while we're trying for promotion with Tammy but we don't make it, it's going to be relatively easy for Smith to build up his young, hard working, attacking squad and plonking a confident Hogan at the front next season.

Mings in sounds like a really good deal. Now it's just the midfield. There's talk of Bree going out on loan which surely leaves us a bit light on the right. Hutton looks like he hasn't the energy to play every week and Elmo probably isn't the answer.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deadline Day 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 pm

Strange reports of us making a late offer for Samaris, the player that Newcastle were said to be after which would of made Hayden available to move to us! Honestly, deadline day!!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Not much action going on, some names in the frame but nothing confirmed as yet, are we done?
Saunders82
Saunders82

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:22 pm

On another note whats happened to all the transfer day chatter on here? a couple of years back there were loads of debates going on regarding transfer info, now hardly nothing, come on lets be havin you. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:19 pm

Bree to Ipswich. I'm not sure about this one but perhaps he'll get the regular playing time we don't seem able to give him. That means we're sticking with Hutton and Elmo, which could be interesting if the former gets injured. I'd honestly rather see De Laet backed up by Bree and Hutton and Elmo on loan.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deadline Day 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Lost the password to the 'deadbuzzardalive' account, and although I've requested a new password several times, I haven't received the email... So just made a new account...

On right backs, it also looks like we're signing Frederic Guilbert, but sending him back on loan to Caen, I presumed he must be some young teenager, but looking into him, he's 24, and quite highly rated from what I can gather, so the letting them keep him for the rest of the season doesn't make sense to me.

Also surprised that we've apparently signed Mings as a central defender, I don't know a great deal about him, but he's played the majority of his career as a full-back, and I had a look on an Ipswich forum, and they all seemed to think that his best position is as an attacking full-back, it was playing in that position that tempted Bournemouth to pay £8m for him.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Deadline Day 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Guilbert has now signed... But as speculated gone back on loan to Caen, I was hoping that part was going to be false, and he'd be available to us for the rest of the season, meant to be a good player.

There's probably an argument to be had that out of our five right-backs, the best three, Bree, De Laet, and Guilbert are all out on loan.

deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Deadline Day 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Still to be confirmed but it looks like the Leroy Fer deal is done
Saunders82
Saunders82

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Fer deal is off... But we've loan in Tom Caroll instead, so at least we managed to get in a midfielder after all.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Deadline Day 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 pm

Looks like Swansea have acted like massive thunder sugarbags today. You’d like to think there’d be some kind of repercussion for them if they’ve done what it looks like they’ve done, which is to effectively stop a rival strengthening by foul means. They’ve done it to Leeds as well over the James deal, leaving it right to the last minute before not signing the paperwork. Will serve them right if Fer & James down tools. Disappointing window in the end. No new LB, RB, CDM. Is this a sign of FFP taking hold? Leaves us short of any physical strength in midfield for the remainder of the season and the same existing problems at FB. I honestly think that leaves us at outsiders for the playoffs now. All in all it’s a bit of a comedown from the players thought to be on the radar.............from Hayden, Chalobah, Fer..........to Tom Carrol. I’ve never really rated Carrol but hope he proves me wrong.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 am

I think we'd be outsiders for top six whoever we signed. On FFP, we've actually spent quite a bit for a championship club, between five and seven million on Kalinic, Guilbert's fee has also been reported as being around five million, and we've also got options to buy on both of Carroll and Hause, not sure about Mings.

But then again, fans seem to get excited that we're going to improve after every transfer window, and we never do improve, so I'm not judging whether it's been a good window or not, until we see how the new players do.

On Carroll, one thing you can say for him, is that I think he's more of a Smith type of player, than some of the other midfielders we've been linked with... His role for us, will be similar to the role that Ryan Woods had at Brentford.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Deadline Day 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 am

Bacuna to Cardiff suggests they're actively planning for relegation, not trying to avoid it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deadline Day 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:53 am

Carroll is clearly not a powerhouse defensive midfielder and will not be used as a replacement for Jedi or Whelan (or the Fer we never got).
Perhaps we now have such a collection of man mountains at the back that we can plan for life without a defensive midfielder. You only need a defensive midfielder if your defense needs protecting.
What is more important is having ball-playing defenders who can play out from the back. The midfield will look more creative and McGinn likes a tackle.
big ming

Deadline Day 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:13 am

Agree with @bigming. Maybe Smith isn't keen on 'wasting' a position for defensive midfield this late in the season & from our position in the league.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:32 am

Good point, I suppose I'm still in a Bruce mindset where the DMs tended to pull the team back rather than push it forward. Are we even at a point where we can play a 4-4-1-1- with Kodjia between Tammy and Grealish/McGinn?

Incidentally is it just Taylor being much more defensive than attacking that it seems most of our play out of defence goes down the right wing with Hutton? If Mings does play at LB and Hause CB could we see some more balanced attack options. Mings, Grealish and Green is a very interesting sounding left-sided attack.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deadline Day 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Some great points being made on here, personally from memory I'm sure that when Carroll went from Spurs that we were interested in signing him, so it could be a good move, hes supposed to be a good passer of the ball especially to his own team members, we shall see.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Saunders82 wrote:hes supposed to be a good passer of the ball especially to his own team members

Very Happy
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deadline Day 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:38 pm

I work in Sheffield & the Blades fans reckon there isn’t a restriction on Hogan playing next Friday, I know he’s been pretty poor but we wouldn’t be that stupid would we ?
As regards Mings be first made his name as a marauding attacking LB, he has to be an improvement on Taylor, I don’t know a lot about Carroll or the French guy but the latter obviously means Hutton is finally coming to end at VP
VillaBill
VillaBill

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:56 am

I was talking yesterday to a Bournemouth ST holder and he says Mings is really good at both CB and LB. He also reckoned Elphick was a great player but has lost his confidence (something he seemed to be getting back at Hull on loan). I can't see anything happening with Elphick unless Chester gets injured but Mings sounds very promising. A settled defence that knows what it's doing and a winger in Green who knows how to defend might make Taylor look a lot better and more solid, or maybe we'll still see Hause in at CB and Mings at LB. We're starting to look a lot better at the back and that can only give the goalie confidence too.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Deadline Day 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:35 am

VillaBill wrote:I work in Sheffield & the Blades fans reckon there isn’t a restriction on Hogan playing next Friday, I know he’s been pretty poor but we wouldn’t be that stupid would we ?
As regards Mings be first made his name as a marauding attacking LB, he has to be an improvement on Taylor, I don’t know a lot about Carroll or the French guy but the latter obviously means Hutton is finally coming to end at VP

I thought it was a league/FA rule that they couldnt play against their parent club.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Deadline Day 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:35 am

Saunders82 wrote:
VillaBill wrote:I work in Sheffield & the Blades fans reckon there isn’t a restriction on Hogan playing next Friday, I know he’s been pretty poor but we wouldn’t be that stupid would we ?

I thought it was a league/FA rule that they couldnt play against their parent club.

Yes unfortunately that is the case! I would love for that talentless waste of space to play against us!
DelboyVilla

Deadline Day 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum