The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

+18
VillaBill
Saunders82
LVBrit
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
AstonThriller
De Kuip
jeffvilla
Terry Derry
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
achilles
UnclePanda
Dazzle
STO67
FoxyAV
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
22 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by Dazzle Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am

We’ll learn a decent amount about the new men at the top by how they approach the Jack Grealish situation. The absolute best news we could hear would be that they have persuaded Jack to give it until January to see where Villa are at with regard to promotion, if we’re in the top 2 and looking like we’re one of the two best sides in the division then all is good. But bolted to that, I would think, would be that Jack would want to know that he was in a squad/team that he knew was more than good enough to go up, and that would mean a few good players coming in prior to the close of the summer transfer window. And so.........that’s why I think the SuperJack situation is vital. If he is convinced to stay we could be in for a real feel good end to summer.
I just don’t see why these two guys we now have would dip their toes into this without wanting to compete, I mean REALLY compete. The sums involved thus far are a piss in the ocean to the pair of them and it’s not the sort of thing you’d just decide to do when you are people like them.
This next few days should tell us quite a lot about the season ahead. Fingers crossed it’s a stream of positive news. UTV
Dazzle
Dazzle

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by Synopsis Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:41 am

Dazzle wrote:From everything I’ve read it would seem that FFP doesn’t kick in for us until March 2019.............so I say that we do what others have done before and say fuck it, carry on with what we have. If we go up next May precedent says we’ll get a fine. Nobody has yet been given a points deduction.

Thats because the points deduction ruling didnt exist before now and is only just coming into force. Up until now only punishments open to them were fines and transfer embargos
Synopsis
Synopsis

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:24 am

Think Onomah had the wrong attitude and thought he was better than he really is, wanted to go back to Spurs in January window but they didn't want him back in the end. Not for me.
Think Grealish might eventually go for about £20 million with additional clauses and a sell on clause bringing it potentially up to approx £30 - £40 million.
Like Axel back especially as we are short of centre halves, then we could actually play him in his proper position.
achilles
achilles

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:40 am

I liked the look of Axel and would be happy to see him back again. He also plays DM, should anyone (anyone? please?) want to move Whelan to the bench. Especially interesting if Thor goes.

I don't so much like the look of Onomah unless he comes in as the DM. But then I'd rather we stuck with Thor and stopped messing around.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Another thing about Axel is that he said all the right things when he arrived on loan which showed that he WANTED to play for us and he wasn't here just for the ride, it is vitally important to get players with the right attitude playing for us.

Based on last season Thor is certainly the best option to play DM for us, he gives us much more mobility and overall is a much better player than Whelan or Jedinak, although Jedinak is a valuable option against the bigger teams in height.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:John Percy saying that Grealish is going to ask us to allow him to join Tottenham, Here.

I always thought this thing of him wanting to stay but him having no choice but to leave because of the club's difficulties was a bit of a myth, used as an excuse to bash Xia with; just because he grew up a Villa fan doesn't mean to say he'd rather play for us, than a team in the Premier league who will be challenging for the Premier league title and competing in the champions league, it will also increase his chances of getting into the England squad, and not to mention he'll probably more than triple his wages.

The good thing for us is that Bruce has come out and said that the new owners have told him if any of our players leave then the buyers will have to pay a premium price. I personally would want at least £40m for him, that might seem unrealistic but I'm convinced he'll be worth closer to £60m if not more after a season or two in the Premier league.

I know he had his critics, but I wouldn't mind Onomah back on loan either, he didn't always play well, but when he did he was easily one of our better players, kind of reminded me of Grealish before last season, you can tell there's a good player in there, just needs to get some consistency going. As it happens he hasn't gone their tour of the US.

As it stood before the investors came in, Grealish could have said that he didn’t want to leave, knowing that he would have to. It now seems he is having to plead to leave.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:26 am

I wonder how Jack feels about the media. Kimi Raikkonen says as little as possible to them after he was photographed in a strip club and it was published everywhere. Jack seems to have kept his head down but why does he have to say he doesn't want to leave? He's Villa through and through and if he had to be sold to keep the club going the last thing he's going to do is make it clear to the new club he's not happy about it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Looks like we're signing Atlético Madrid goalkeeper André Moreira on loan.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Interesting that Mendes client, and so many of our fans seem to be hoping that it's a sign that he's going to be helping us, yet when Mendes first got involved with Wolves they were ridiculed for it, I personally wouldn't want him to have as much power over us as he does them, the odd signing here and there might be okay, if he happens to have a player we want, but not most of the squad.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 pm

I think we should use any means in order to get us promoted. I don't think we should get too fussy with whom we mix. Playing nicely over the years has stopped us from pissing other clubs off and appointing Manager's who were available rather than stealing from others. It's about time we were more cut throat.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm surprised Mendes is getting involved with us at all, considering we along with Leeds, asked the EFL to investigate his involvement with Wolves, but I guess that showed the desperation of Wyness.

Moreira hasn't made any appearances for Atlético, and has spent most of his career on loan at various clubs in Portugal, but last year he came close to a ten million euros move to Benfica as a replacement for Ederson, so must have something about him.

Don't know who scouted him, but seems like a shift from the normal signings we've become accustomed to under Bruce and Round.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:12 am

John Percy
‏Verified account @JPercyTelegraph
Ben Woodburn having medical at Sheffield United today. Set to join on loan for the season. Villa are considering other loan targets #lfc #sufc
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:28 am

Supposedly Villa were after him on loan but I suppose he will definitely get more game time with Sheffield Utd as they are desperate!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 am

Its now or never, we need to get promotion this year. No matter what we have to do, and who we get in bed with we must do what it takes to get back to our rightful position in the prem.

If it down and dirty then so be it, we have been Mr nice guy for too long. Lets make it happen this year. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:John Percy
Ben Woodburn having medical at Sheffield United today. Set to join on loan for the season. Villa are considering other loan targets #lfc #sufc

The 'Bruce' effect?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:38 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:

The 'Bruce' effect?

No, more likely the new owners effect. Certain clubs will now, rightly imo, see Villa as a very real threat. They’ll not want Villa becoming a premier league club anytime soon with the owners we have now, they’d be major players if promotion is achieved. I think Klopp and Liverpool have recognised this and pulled the plug on any favours.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Dazzle wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

The 'Bruce' effect?

No, more likely the new owners effect. Certain clubs will now, rightly imo, see Villa as a very real threat. They’ll not want Villa becoming a premier league club anytime soon with the owners we have now, they’d be major players if promotion is achieved. I think Klopp and Liverpool have recognised this and pulled the plug on any favours.

Sorry that is the most deluded post I have seen this year? I don't think Klopp, Jose, Pep and Poch are quaking in their boots yet especially with Bruce in charge of us? More like Klopp didn't want Woodburn ruined by Bruce's anti-football style of play!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:02 pm

Villa pulled out of the deal because Liverpool, wanted to put a clause in his contract whereby he has to play a certain amount of games otherwise we'd face a 'financial penalty'... I think we were right to walk away, players should earn their place in the team...
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:14 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Villa pulled out of the deal because Liverpool, wanted to put a clause in his contract whereby he has to play a certain amount of games otherwise we'd face a 'financial penalty'... I think we were right to walk away, players should earn their place in the team...

I’d agree with this.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:21 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

The 'Bruce' effect?

Sorry that is the most deluded post I have seen this year? I don't think Klopp, Jose, Pep and Poch are quaking in their boots yet especially with Bruce in charge of us? More like Klopp didn't want Woodburn ruined by Bruce's anti-football style of play!

So you don’t think any of the upper echelons of the premier league will have sat up and taken notice that Aston Villa FC are now owned by two men who between them have huge sums of money, huge business savvy, a track record in sports franchise success? You don’t think they see the potential that has now landed in the lap of Aston Villa FC, one of most historic football clubs in Britain that counts the future King of England as a fan and has attended games?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 pm

No
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:30 pm

Abrahams from Chelski would do though, Id be happy with that loan signing.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:49 pm

De Kuip wrote:No

Exactly, they couldn't give a toss about us, too busy stuck up their own a**eholes!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:36 pm

achilles wrote:
De Kuip wrote:No

Exactly, they couldn't give a toss about us, too busy stuck up their own a**eholes!

My thoughts exactly! We are a Championship team and have been for 2 years. Plus Brucie is our manager! ATM we offer the same level of threat as Brentford!

I like Tammi Abrahams though as he has done it at this level before! Not exactly original though?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm

Abrahams would be a good loan signing, knows what it is about in the championship and been successful! Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 2 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next