The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Sunderland v Villa thread

+4
Fpuppys
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
De Kuip
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunderland v Villa thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by achilles Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 pm

It is really hard to judge anybody on that display because Sunderland were just so bad and Grealish came on when Sunderland had virtually given up.
Still think our best team is with Grealish in playing behind the front man in a 4-1-3-1-1 and I would pick Grabban as the striker.

Saturday's game is going to be a cracker! UTV
achilles
achilles

Sunderland v Villa thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 am

FoxyAV wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know we scored our three goals today without him, but we look a much better team with Grealish on the pitch, although Sunderland are that bad that it's hard to judge, almost feel sorry for their fans, I really thought they were going to give it a real spirited go after getting decent draws against two form teams in Middlesbrough and Millwall.

Bruce must have been shouting himself hoarse when Grealish kept coming deep to play the ball out of defence.

Exactly where you don't want Grealish, we have more mediocre players to do that task, he has to stay in the oppositions half that is when he is at his best.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am

achilles wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know we scored our three goals today without him, but we look a much better team with Grealish on the pitch, although Sunderland are that bad that it's hard to judge, almost feel sorry for their fans, I really thought they were going to give it a real spirited go after getting decent draws against two form teams in Middlesbrough and Millwall.

Bruce must have been shouting himself hoarse when Grealish kept coming deep to play the ball out of defence.

Exactly where you don't want Grealish, we have more mediocre players to do that task, he has to stay in the oppositions half that is when he is at his best.

I disagree, he terrifies the crap out of the opposition, who either foul him or watch as he wafts past. He created some cracking attacks from our defence all the way forward and showed just how pointless hoofball is when you have a player like him on the pitch. Sure, Sunderland looked completely defeated but the principal is solid - Grealish in midfield really is what links all the otherwise separate parts of the team.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Sunderland v Villa thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
achilles wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

I disagree, he terrifies the crap out of the opposition, who either foul him or watch as he wafts past. He created some cracking attacks from our defence all the way forward and showed just how pointless hoofball is when you have a player like him on the pitch. Sure, Sunderland looked completely defeated but the principal is solid - Grealish in midfield really is what links all the otherwise separate parts of the team.

As an opposition player that is exactly where you want Grealish to pick the ball up in his own half, he can't do any damage there, forget last night Sunderland had given up.
I want him attacking the opposition in their own half that is when he will cause the opposition problems.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 pm

achilles wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
achilles wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

As an opposition player that is exactly where you want Grealish to pick the ball up in his own half, he can't do any damage there, forget last night Sunderland had given up.
I want him attacking the opposition in their own half that is when he will cause the opposition problems.

Of course in an ideal world Grealish would be camped in the final third of the pitch causing problems, but it’s horses for courses. Against better opposition who are able to push us back Grealish and his ball retention skills become a very big bonus. His ability to draw the foul, along with 2-3 opposition players, is a vital cog in keeping an opposition away. He is of priceless worth to us if we are under pressure and the likes of a Terry and Chester et al can roll the ball into him and he can either hold it and draw the foul or he drifts past one or two and picks out a Grabban or a Hogan further up the field.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Sunderland v Villa thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2