The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread Villa v QPR

+10
Dazzle
UnclePanda
achilles
Army villain
Saunders82
Villa_Dan
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Villa v QPR

Post by UnclePanda Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I actually didn't even realise it was 0-2, that really is that then, our best hope is Brentford making a comeback against Cardiff. All the good work against Wolves completely undone. I'm fed up of this season now, I wish it would hurry up and go away.

Fed up of this season?? This season has probably been the most enjoyable in about 10 years! Its a poor performance and result tonight, nothing more, nothing less. Get a grip.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:29 pm

For me that’s realistically a top 2 finish gone tonight.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 pm

I'm no mathematician but I reckon we're going to need more than one shot on goal to win this match.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 pm

I'm no mathematician but I reckon we're going to need more than one shot on goal to win this match.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 pm

All over very poor, Out played by QPR tonight, still up the villa.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Dazzle wrote:For me that’s realistically a top 2 finish gone tonight.

Itll take something special to get top 2. Gotta get winning again so at least we have a bit of confidence and momentum for the play offs.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Disappointed is not the word, threw all the good work away, oh well we go again.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I actually didn't even realise it was 0-2, that really is that then, our best hope is Brentford making a comeback against Cardiff. All the good work against Wolves completely undone. I'm fed up of this season now, I wish it would hurry up and go away.

Fed up of this season?? This season has probably been the most enjoyable in about 10 years! Its a poor performance and result tonight, nothing more, nothing less. Get a grip.

We're in the Championship, for a club like Aston Villa there shouldn't be anything enjoyable about that. If winning is all that matters no matter the opposition then we might as well play in the bottom league in order to win most of our games. I'm fed up with not knowing which division we're going to be in next season, people talk about our situation as if it's some massive achievement, but with our resources we shouldn't this far adrift, despite good runs and results here and there, we're actually underachieving.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 pm

VTID85 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Will do well to hold onto a play-off spot.

Oh get a grip mate, for fucks sake.

We took today's result for granted and look what happened there, I hope we don't do the same with presuming we're going to finish in the top six. Two very difficult fixtures coming up for us away from home against teams fighting for survival, it's not against the realms of possibility that we will lose them both.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:

We're in the Championship, for a club like Aston Villa there shouldn't be anything enjoyable about that. If winning is all that matters no matter the opposition then we might as well play in the bottom league in order to win most of our games. I'm fed up with not knowing which division we're going to be in next season, people talk about our situation as if it's some massive achievement, but with our resources we shouldn't this far adrift, despite good runs and results here and there, we're actually underachieving.

Personally, Im not fussed that we are in the Championship. The last few years in the Prem were so depressing. Losing 8-0, 5-0, 4-0 what seemed like every week. That was not fun. Maybe its the fact we was so shockingly bad, but the Prem started becoming dull and stale. Leicester aside.
One of the things that makes it exciting for me is we dont know where we will be next season. Admit it, its more fun being in this situation than a relegation battle.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Yep I agree it's disappointing but so what. If championship  is where we stay so what. It's a fun place to be.
Just spent 2 hours drinking with a stoke fan who is petrified that they will go down.
I assured him he would have more fun in the championship than he did in the Prem.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm not gonna bash the players after the gift they gave us on Saturday. The fact Is they are only human, fatigue and an off night can happen on any given day. Wolves lost 2-0 at home to a Forest side who we beat easily the previous week. They also drew 0-0 against ten man Sunderland at home and drew against ten man Preston away, whilst also failing to win at Barnsley. I'm disappointed, but it is what it is. So many of our fans are full of fear and are sh/t scared to face a "do or die" scenario In the playoffs. And I get it, I don't want to face it either but If that's the line we have to walk then so be it.

Today's results were shocking, but If Cardiff lose at Derby then come Saturday night we could be back to the exact place we were before kick-off tonight, so why panic? If we're six points behind Cardiff the day they come to VP then I'll take that. But obviously, If the gap gets any bigger from here on then it may be a mountain too far to climb.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
Dazzle wrote:For me that’s realistically a top 2 finish gone tonight.

Itll take something special to get top 2. Gotta get winning again so at least we have a bit of confidence and momentum for the play offs.

Nothing changes - before tonight we waiting for a Cardiff collapse ....and thats still our best hope - that last 4 in a row over xmas - we have to hope that happens again.

Just looked totally jaded tonight. Jedinak has been our rock this season - looked dead on his legs tonight. Never been totally convinced by Sam Johnstone, and seems to have reverted to last seasons ok keeper unless the opposition have a shot on target.

The bigger picture - Ive loved this season - sure I want us to go up - but come next August I will be more excited about another promotion push, then scrapping buy in the premiership. We aren't going to beat Man City, Man utd, chelsea etc - we would looking to scrape wins against Swansea, Watford etc - is that really much different to playing Derby and sheffield wednesday.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Realistically I think the play offs beckon us. Tonight was as bad as Saturday was good.
Totally outplayed by QPR, the players showed absolutely zero passion and just wandered around.
I could rate the players but can't be bothered as nobody would get above 5.

By the way, surprise, surprise the referee was a joke and that is taking nothing away from QPR who fully deserved to win.
achilles
achilles

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:41 pm

AstonThriller wrote:I'm not gonna bash the players after the gift they gave us on Saturday. The fact Is they are only human, fatigue and an off night can happen on any given day. Wolves lost 2-0 at home to a Forest side who we beat easily the previous week. They also drew 0-0 against ten man Sunderland at home and drew against ten man Preston away, whilst also failing to win at Barnsley. I'm disappointed, but it is what it is. So many of our fans are full of fear and are sh/t scared to face a "do or die" scenario In the playoffs. And I get it, I don't want to face it either but If that's the line we have to walk then so be it.

Today's results were shocking, but If Cardiff lose at Derby then come Saturday night we could be back to the exact place we were before kick-off tonight, so why panic? If we're six points behind Cardiff the day they come to VP then I'll take that. But obviously, If the gap gets any bigger from here on then it may be a mountain too far to climb.

Exactly .....we are still waiting for a Cardiff or Wolves collapse - in 1980/81 the title looked to have gone - in 1987/8 we squandered the 2nd div championship - and looked to have blown second place - a few freakish results and we sneaked by goals scored (not even GD) on the very last day.

If its the play offs enjoy it ........if we have to go again next season...... enjoy it........

The thing I would enjoy the least is the borefest that is the premiership
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am

smetro wrote:Nothing changes - before tonight we waiting for a Cardiff collapse ....and thats still our best hope - that last 4 in a row over xmas - we have to hope that happens again.

Just looked totally jaded tonight. Jedinak has been our rock this season - looked dead on his legs tonight. Never been totally convinced by Sam Johnstone, and seems to have reverted to last seasons ok keeper unless the opposition have a shot on target.

We spent the last few seasons in the PL hoping three teams would be worse than us because we weren't good enough to control our own destiny. We have a really strong squad with some very good players so if they all looked that tired why weren't a few people replaced? Tuanzebe, Lansbury, O'Hare, Thor and even Onomah (as DM) could have filled in in the middle. I haven't seen the match so I haven't a clue what else went on but were the players not fired up, did they lack motivation? And was Bruce out-thought tactically again? (none of this directed specifically at you, smetro, I was just quoting you because you were there and made some observations).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
smetro wrote:Nothing changes - before tonight we waiting for a Cardiff collapse ....and thats still our best hope - that last 4 in a row over xmas - we have to hope that happens again.

We spent the last few seasons in the PL hoping three teams would be worse than us because we weren't good enough to control our own destiny. We have a really strong squad with some very good players so if they all looked that tired why weren't a few people replaced? Tuanzebe, Lansbury, O'Hare, Thor and even Onomah (as DM) could have filled in in the middle. I haven't seen the match so I haven't a clue what else went on but were the players not fired up, did they lack motivation? And was Bruce out-thought tactically again? (none of this directed specifically at you, smetro, I was just quoting you because you were there and made some observations).

The dilemma was do you drop players who performed like heroes on saturday - pre-empting the tiredness situation - or do you go with the same line up that destroyed the league leaders - Bruce (and myself) went for the latter option.
Grabban had probably his worst game for us - and we only have non scoring replacements in Davis and Hogan.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm

I would have chosen the same team on paper but if I'm there training them and think they're tired I'm going to make some changes. I really like the look of Tuanzebe, he's a DM so stick him in front of the defence, or put Thor there - both have energy, both are younger and fitter than Jedi. We thought QPR would go for us and what would you do if you were QPR? Go for the kill from the off and play a high energy game to knock even more stuffing out of us.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 pm

smetro wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

The dilemma was do you drop players who performed like heroes on saturday - pre-empting the tiredness situation - or do you go with the same line up that destroyed the league leaders - Bruce (and myself) went for the latter option.
Grabban had probably his worst game for us - and we only have non scoring replacements in Davis and Hogan.

Possibly true but also a trifle unfair as he worked his socks off but unfortunately in the wrong areas because the rest of the team were so crap.
As an example in the first half he chased back to tackle an opposition player on our right wing and conceded the throw in only to turn around to see Snodgrass and Hourihane jogging back!

To my mind the worse player by far was Taylor, who hadn't got a clue but as I have already said the rest weren't a lot better.
achilles
achilles

Match Thread Villa v QPR - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:41 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
VTID85 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Will do well to hold onto a play-off spot.

Oh get a grip mate, for fucks sake.

We took today's result for granted and look what happened there, I hope we don't do the same with presuming we're going to finish in the top six. Two very difficult fixtures coming up for us away from home against teams fighting for survival, it's not against the realms of possibility that we will lose them both.

I would rather just save the histrionics until they're actually necessary.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Every cloud......Just ordered a new washing machine ....can't wait !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3