The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread

+11
VTID85
bruka
FoxyAV
Army villain
achilles
Villa_Dan
gaffer85
De Kuip
Saunders82
Dazzle
AstonThriller
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by Guest Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 pm

We can't actually play football though. It's all hoof hoof hoof.
The reason Whelan and others like Jedi keep making mistakes and giving away the ball is because they have no ability on the ball. We are a team of cloggers playing neanderthal hoofball and it shows. Individual ability is utter shambles.

Steve Bruce has to be sacked and there is no way around it. Hope we lose ten in a row.

Back to top Go down

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Hogan looks superb (his movement off the ball in particular and an assist), Elphick and Grealish are doing well, hopefully all three will be dropped for the next match.

Nice to see Johnstone aiming his long balls at Hogan.

Whelan with another assist, is that two in three matches? Any chance we can have Jedi and Whelan run into each other and put themselves out for a couple of months? I'd take Bjorn on left wing for the rest of this match just to see Hourihane and Onomah in the middle together.

Oooh, Whelan just gave the ball away again. they were unlucky. And Elphick prevented the goal.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:52 pm

This is painful, weve come out on the back foot they are all over us.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Whelan off, THANK FUCK!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 pm

HALLELUJAH

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:05 pm

On the other hand whenever we get the ball we punt it upfield for them to collect and come back at us so I'm not convinced it matters but at least Onomah is now a DM.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I love Hutton. He runs himself into a hole and gives 100% every game.

But the guy can't cross the road! Stop giving him the bloody ball
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 pm

The top brass had better have a plan to get people in as soon as the window opens cos this team need help, I cannot believe how poor we have been again, way too slow.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Saunders82 wrote:The top brass had better have a plan to get people in as soon as the window opens cos this team need help, I cannot believe how poor we have been again, way too slow.

This has nothing to do with players. This has to do with management. Giving this fat fraud more money is pure lunacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Their centre half is off the field and we start clogging them giving away the ball, we are a disgrace.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Bring in two or three players on loan, doesn't matter what position they play as long as they're tall. Cancel that (see Hogan), just buy in ex-Hull players. Bruce will play them in defence, midfield or up front. I think we're better than last season so maybe finish 12th.

BTW what does Davis have to do to score?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Bruce has to stay after this result ! That way we can string together 5 unconvincing wins and 2 draws and then go on a losing streak and JUST miss out on the playoffs which will be unlucky for Brucie and if you dusagree you're a f'ing fareweather f'ing fan and you don't know anything about football. Speaking of footballs i'm taking mine and going home !
bruka

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Season 

Defining

Month
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:The top brass had better have a plan to get people in as soon as the window opens cos this team need help, I cannot believe how poor we have been again, way too slow.

This has nothing to do with players. This has to do with management. Giving this fat fraud more money is pure lunacy.

I can't agree there Joppe it has everything to do with players, even if we were to change the manager he would need someone to make the chances AND finish them, something we dont have right now.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 pm

Bruce looked like a dead man walking. Fuck him off please, one final christmas pressie for all of us. Plenty of managerial triggers being pulled and he's fully loaded the gun for himself.

We got bossed by Brentford. Happy boxing day.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:39 pm

If they don't sack him now then he is NOT going, so theres no point of keeping on moaning
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm

After that performance he should walk, would not give him any more money, spend it on a decent manager,
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I can't agree there Joppe it has everything to do with players, even if we were to change the manager he would need someone to make the chances AND finish them, something we dont have right now.

It is everything to do with players and while Bruce continues to hobble the team by making bizarre starting 11 selections, playing hoofball when the only player capable of creating anything from it (Kodjia) has been injured for some time, not having any clue tactically or being able to react to how any given match is going, playing players out of position when we have perfectly fit players available in the positions in question and dropping some players who have a single bad game while rewarding players hopelessly out of their depth with guaranteed starting positions then we're going to stay in this division for as long as he's manager. And the longer we keep him the sooner we become the final paycheck for washed up ex-Hull and Sunderland players whose legs have gone. And Glenn fucking Whelan.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Yes there is mate cos if I don't let off steam moaning here im likely to kick the kids and set fire to the dog.
I literally cannot capture in words just how deep seated my frustration is with Bruce. It's not the abject misery of a relegation battle, its the soul grinding futility of thinking we might actually become something under Xia and instead we watch week after week of lost opportunity slip by, whilst other clubs become more progressive and we get outplayed by the likes of Brentford. Meanwhile our excellent U23 prospects remain just that.
Bruce is like a turd that won't flush.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Disagree, but guess we see it differently. Personally I reckon I could get this team scoring for fun with just Hogan and Davis up top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Agree with Joppe and most of the other posts above. The manager and coaches need to be changed asap, otherwise this season is going no where.
The players are there, it's the tactics and style that is drastically missing. Get a manager in that plays a passing and moving style and we'd see a huge difference I need these players.

Sack him asap for me, the and s no other option.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by rogermuffin69 Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:18 pm

i put this up on Twitter. hopefully. someone at e club payd attention.

"Brentford,beating us again. mgr Dean smith plays the right way. also a villa fan. well known for working with peanuts. sign him 4 next season, or now, as we aren't going up this year. @Dr_TonyXia @HodgsonHoward @StanCollymore @retsub12 @VillansHo @oldmansaid @ShelleyOzzy"
rogermuffin69
rogermuffin69

Back to top Go down

Post by rogermuffin69 Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:24 pm

time for a villa man who plays the right way, & for peanuts, b4 promotion goes, or even if it doesn't. don't you think@ @Dr_TonyXia @StanCollymore @brianlittle912 @JohnGregory77 @IanTaylor7 @retsub12 @VillansHo https://t.co/rgkNIbeK3K.

i quoted them the above post. lol
rogermuffin69
rogermuffin69

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Basically just what I expected, so I am not going to get wound up by it all!

I think when you set out the team to basically counteract one of Brentfords players to the detriment of your own side it is time to call it a day. I could fully understand it if we were playing any of the top 5 in the PL but for f**ks sake this is the bl**dy Championship!
achilles
achilles

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 am

Wriggle wrote:Agree with Joppe and most of the other posts above. The manager and coaches need to be changed asap, otherwise this season is going no where.
The players are there, it's the tactics and style that is drastically missing. Get a manager in that plays a passing and moving style and we'd see a huge difference I need these players.

Sack him asap for me, the and s no other option.

See the goal last night and Hogan offside goal. Both pass and move on the floor. It's not rocket science is it. Long hoof balls to a lone striker don't work ffs. You could see Hogan getting pisssd off. I feel sorry for him. He makes good runs all the time and never gets found. Bruce has brought and ruined Hogan, lansbury, hourihane etc and has only been saved so far because of adomahs scoring run. Time to go NOW. Who would we all want????
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next