The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

+14
Army villain
De Kuip
Fpuppys
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dazzle
Wriggle
achilles
danclare82
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

Post by AstonThriller Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 pm

What do people expect though? For us to play like Barca every week? Folks are bigging up Wolves but did you see them get battered at Reading and somehow nick a win on Saturday? We played great stuff at QPR, then the same team was picked three days later to face a side who have a new manager in place and are desperate to survive. The lads were clearly leggy out there and this was never gonna be a walkover imo so we should just be glad for the three points. Now we're into fourth and we're moving up this table slowly but surely. Oh, and we've also now won eight games in our last eleven fixtures. You'd have to be crazy to not be happy with that.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

Post by achilles Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Just got back from watching that and it was utterly dire!
Sunderland are the worse team I have seen this season absolutely no idea, an utter shambles!
We contrived to sink down to their level and look dismal!

Yes, we got 3 points but if you actually have to watch that crap, McGrath help us!

Perhaps I will feel better after a couple of days but at this moment I don't think I can face going on Saturday and potentially watch more of the same boring shit, it sends you to sleep!
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 am

Now some time has passed, I have to say, I don't think the performance was quite as bad as is being made out, it wasn't brilliant, and we were definitely sloppy at times, but it was better than what we were seeing earlier this season and last season.

At least we look like we carry a threat these days, evidenced by the fact that only Wolves, Sheffield United and Bristol City have scored more than us, remarkable when you consider that our strikers have scored three league goals between them.
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:56 am

We pinged the ball around well at times...and with speed. But sometimes we treat it like a bomb and can't wait to get rid of it. I do wonder if that's purely down to a lack of tactics and any clue how to keep the ball in order to frustrate the opposition and pull them apart.

Being pragmatic, Sunderland have a new manager and will want to impress him and claw their way out of trouble so that could easily have been one of "those" games. 3 points is 3 points and if we can retain a winning mentality then perhaps other teams will fold under the pressure and we'll keep climbing up the ladder.

Maybe Bruce's experience at promotion runs will show more in the dressing room in keeping that same pressure off...McGrath knows he seems lacking in other areas.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 am

Sunderland are an awful team but they put a shift in under the new manager.

We gave their midfield way too much space and time but for large parts of the game looked in control.
At 2-0 I said to the bloke next to me that we should put them to the sword now and rattle in 1 or 2 more, but the players went into cruise control thinking the game was done. When Sunderland scored they couldn't get their pace back up.

It wasn't a bad performance, but it was a frustrating one as I felt Sunderland were there for a dicking
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 am

Villa_Dan wrote:

It wasn't a bad performance

This made me laugh. If this wasn't a bad performance I do wonder what football is deemed acceptable for this club now. Like I said previously in this match thread, I can watch better football in the Norwegian leagues. If that's not unacceptable I don't know what is.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 am

Having slept on it, perhaps I am a bit more reasonable now!

We were ponderous, bereft of any positive intent, lethargic, absolutely no idea how to go forward and I could go on.
I think we had 5 shots on goal (2 resulting in goals) in the whole game at home and one of those was a back pass by Snoddy, against a truly awful side bottom of the league! Only Adomah and Hutton showed any desire or passion in the whole game. Still not one midfield player gets beyond the striker so what was the point of Davis nodding the ball on for him to chase his own nod on? Even the Sunday league play better football than that! It is ironic that if we had Kodjia playing in the game we would have won much more convincingly as it was crying out for some brilliant individual talent to raise the pulse rate above dead!

Okay now that is out of the way, we got 3 points which is the ultimate target so result achieved, so we move on!

Final comment, if we play remotely like that against any of the better sides we will get hammered and I am going to take my headphones on Saturday!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Reply to aston thriller. They not crazy mate they fake.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am

@Trotters, @Joppe84 and @achilles you are all such fake fans!

In fact i have been constantly critisizing Potato Head so i must be a fake too!!!

@Villa_Danand @deadbuzzardalive you have both been criticaial in the past you fakes!

What we MUST all try to do is be a REAL fan and the mosty obvious role model for this can only be everybody's hero and internet LEGEND that is @jimbop?????

Or maybe we just ignore the pathetic wind up merchant as he is an obvious troll and a bit of a tosser? Very Happy
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 am

DelboyVilla wrote:@Trotters, @Joppe84 and @achilles you are all such fake fans!

In fact i have been constantly critisizing Potato Head so i must be a fake too!!!

@Villa_Danand @deadbuzzardalive you have both been criticaial in the past you fakes!

What we MUST all try to do is be a REAL fan and the mosty obvious role model for this can only be everybody's hero and internet LEGEND that is @jimbop?????

Or maybe we just ignore the pathetic wind up merchant as he is an obvious troll and a bit of a tosser? Very Happy

troll and tosser?? insults again, embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:19 am

jimbop wrote:

troll and tosser??  insults again, embarrassing.

Bye Bye Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 4025243045 Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 4025243045 Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 1520050566 Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 1520050566
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:20 am

jimbop wrote:

like ive said, certain posts/posters, the comments that are made cannot be real, "the mess the club is in" as an example,. sitting 4th with a minted owner and the club is in a mess, hahahaha yes they really are commenting what they think. anyway thanks for your insults again delboy, or is it joppe, or is it just a computer, or Adrian durham perhaps! keep posting your REAL comments Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:36 am

jimbop wrote:
jimbop wrote:

like ive said, certain posts/posters, the comments that are made cannot be real, "the mess the club is in" as an example,. sitting 4th with a minted owner and the club is in a mess,  hahahaha yes they really are commenting what they think.   anyway thanks for your insults again delboy, or is it joppe, or is it just a computer, or Adrian durham perhaps!  keep posting your REAL comments Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread - Page 3 3769219917

Here's a thought @jimbop? Maybe some people find calling people fakes and fakesters insulting? Now we all are entitled to an opinion and just because it is different to yours doesn't mean that people are fake fans? When you throw out insults do not be surprised when some come back at you! I know Joppe or me can seem overdramatic at times but we are not fakes and i find it offensive for someone to say so. We are all Villa fans and to suggest otherwise is wrong!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:31 am

I'm offended you didn't include me in your list of fake fans!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3