The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread

+15
VTID85
Dazzle
NARLA24
Wookster
Trotters
FoxyAV
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
achilles
Fpuppys
avfc forever
De Kuip
Saunders82
AstonThriller
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread

Post by Fpuppys Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:12 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:Here's the link. http://goatdee.net/226140/watch-aston-villa-vs-sheffield-Wednesday

Don't press anything on the page until all ads close themselves then just hit the play button.

Doesn't want to work for me unfortunately but thanks all the same.

Sorry to hear that @FoxyAV I'm watching it on my desktop with windows 7 and perfect stream.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Sound like we're playing atrociously, maybe 442 wasn't such a good idea, after all.
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:27 pm

I wonder if there's any point having Hogan up front if we can't get through their midfield. Still, at least we're only 2-0 down, I'm sure they can't score any more before halftime...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:29 pm

This is what happens when we play anyone half decent. Automatic promotion is a pipe dream.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Awful, bet Samba wishes he was still on the bench after that nutmeg
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Not good ffs
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Steve Bruce football. Great stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Looks like a sods law game today, everything that could go wrong is going wrong, have we got what it takes to turn it around ???? not sure we have, but we can hope, its all down the the half time talk eerrmm.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm

At least Bruce has made a (tactical?) change, although bringing on O'Hare for Snodgrass is a rather odd one. Unless Snodgrass was injured I'd have left him there and put O'Hare on for Hogan. We can't get the ball out so are passing it sideways to either Elmo to punt forward or Hutton to make a run and then punt it forwards. Hogan isn't tall enough to work like that and he certainly isn't a winger. So while I think he deserves a chance still (providing he's played how he likes it), this match probably isn't it. I'd honestly rather see Whelan and Jedi enforcing the midfield and allowing Hourihane forward. Still, very good that O'Hare is getting (hopefully) a whole half.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:12 pm

We have absolutely no gameplan except hoofing it into the box. Nothing. Zero. How we still emply Steve Bruce is a fucking mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:16 pm

I wonder if it takes that kind of bad to get Bruce worked up enough to give the kind of half-time rocket display it seems everyone's just had.

I also wonder if Hourihane is the midfielder we've been waiting for these last few years.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:20 pm

Not getting anything from this game at all. Very poor.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:42 pm

Three things are clear from this display.

1) Bruce has to be replaced.
2) Our youths are easily as good as our seniors. I'd give O'Hare, Davis and the rest senior wages and replace most of the seniors with the exception of Johnstone, Hourihane and Terry.
3) We won't be promoted.

Watching O'Hare run with the ball, pass and move into space is something I haven't seen from our seniors since 2009 I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 pm

That’s another one to chalk on the board.............play anyone of any note and we lose. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we’ll not get top 2 with Bruce as manager............though I’ve accepted he’s going to be in charge for all of this season. Buckle up for the remainder of a disappointing ride
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Like the energy that Grealish and O'Hare gave to the side today
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:07 pm

I'm trying to be positive here, sorry. Hourihane, Grealish and Davis were really good. The defence I don't have an issue with, I'd leave Elmo and Hutton where they are. All the other positions are relatively easy to fill.

Remarkably we seemed a better team in the second half, and I'm not convinced it's because Wednesday withdrew with their two-goal lead. All Wednesday had to do was go at us hammer and tongs in the first half but what happened, did that early goal knock the wind out of everyone's sails?

I don't understand taking off an in-form player (Snodgrass) and leaving on one who isn't (Hogan). At least Bruce tried to respond to what was going on, something he hasn't visibly done before, but apparently Hogan moved to the right. He's not being played to his strengths, so why is he being played at all?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm seeing people say that we only lost because Wednesday's first goal knocked the stuffing out of us, but there should be no 'only' about that, a good team would know how to respond and not let it affect them, not be phased because the opposition scored a wonder goal.

It's always annoying going into the international break on a defeat, and we always seem to return from them with a defeat too, so it could be a weeks before we see Villa win another game. Big chance blown today.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:57 pm

I am absolutely furious, that performance was utter, utter garbage! Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 1715320296

Sheffield Wednesday pressurised us, worked their socks off and actually played football and deserved to win!

Bruce takes Snodgrass off (who was furious at being subbed) and brings O'Hare on (great) and then plays Hogan on the right wing, are you kidding me! Then at half time Bruce changes it and plays O'Hare on the right wing (this really happened) and brings Hogan back into the middle. You really couldn't make this up if you tried, Bruce is absolutely utterly stupid and has no idea what so ever. Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 1375627042

As for Whelan he is a total pile of shit, although nobody covered themselves in glory or remotely played okay!

That game has just about finished me off, promotion you must be having a laff! Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 1327487109
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Glad I went to work to pay off some banked time instead.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:45 pm

We were hearing Snodgrass had a rib cage problem before the start, when he chested the ball you could see him wince, it was obviously a problem for him so Bruce was right to bring him off, who he replaced him with is open to comment but we all know who Bruce used. It was great to see he wanted to give it a go & was not happy to be taken off BUT if he was not 100% then it had to be done. Today was one of those days where everything went wrong, Terry had just started to win round the fans and this happens, disappointing but it happens. Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Yes, I have since heard that Snodgrass has fractured ribs so I suppose it was the correct decision although Snodgrass definitely didn't want to come off which confuses me slightly.
On that point then why didn't Bruce bring Taylor on, switch Hutton to right back and push Elmo up to take the place of Snodgrass instead of playing Hogan right wing? Then after 10 minutes of the second half (or even at the start of the second half) bring O'Hare on for Hogan (who did absolutely nothing again, he has to be sold to a team that plays football rather than hoofball).

achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:44 pm

If Snodgrass had cracked ribs, maybe he shouldn't have started in the first place. That's what the likes of Grealish and O'Hare are for. What's Steve Round doing? It seems to have gone all quiet on him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If Snodgrass had cracked ribs, maybe he shouldn't have started in the first place. That's what the likes of Grealish and O'Hare are for. What's Steve Round doing? It seems to have gone all quiet on him.

Isn't that why you have squad as big as ours, so he doesn't have to play? Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday match thread - Page 2 4107169167
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Terry broken metatarsal. Probably out until January
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Not signing another defender was foolish, yet another in a long line of poor decisions in the transfer market by us. Whatever happens in the meantime, in the summer the club needs a big shape up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next