The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread

+12
Wriggle
big ming
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
VTID85
The Utterer
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
4BetLite
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Sheff we'd match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Teams who are able to dominate matches tend to be the teams who get more good results than bad. If we want to mount a promotion challenge next season we need to learn how to control games.
deadbuzzardalive

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Sheff we'd match thread

Post by Saunders82 Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 am

VTID85 wrote:Points mean prizes in this game and I don't care how they come as long as they continue. Finesse can come further along.

Too true mate, think of the times we have been on top in matches and one shot one goal good night Vienna, scruffy wins will do me for now, confidence will grow and then who knows lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:29 am

Hard to believe, but Alan Hutton looked a very decent right sided midfielder. Also Jedinak looked a very decent central defender and might be good for some extra career time in that position.
Bruce might be glad of the injury count. He might have lucked onto a formation that shows a bit of promise.
big ming

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 am

I've seen reports stating that Hutton played at right back and others at right wing (????).

All reports - bar a few moaners on twatter - have said he had a really good game. Question is, is he playing for a new contract and will he revert to his usual shit self if he gets one?
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am

This mini Hutton renaissance is marvelous but hardly worthy of him being rewarded a new contract. His heart and passion for the cause is magnificent of course and will no doubt earn him a contract somewhere, however, we need to push on.

We need a strong team and a strong bench, of players that consistently give 7.1/10+ every game, every season.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 am

I thought he signed a new contract a month or so ago?
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:20 am

Contract extension

Not quite a new deal, but a one year extension. So I wouldn't think he's yet playing for a new contract as players tend to do that in the last year if not the last 6 months
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:38 am

Wriggle wrote:Contract extension

Not quite a new deal, but a one year extension. So I wouldn't think he's yet playing for a new contract as players tend to do that in the last year if not the last 6 months

Cheers Wriggle, didn't realise it was already done.

Its hardly the end of the world, if he carries on the way he's going and if Bree turns out to be the prospect we all hope he is then its ideal really I suppose.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:51 am

Anyone heard how serious the 2 injuries from yesterday are?  Just unbelievable. I think we're going to need an "injury watch" thread at this rate.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:50 am

Pleased with the result but our injury list is starting to look like The Battle of the Somme for feck sake.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:20 pm

When Hutton came on and moved to right wing I was dumbstruck. It was something not seen since Eck.

But fuck me he worked there. Wouldn't want him there forever but can't fault the Scottish Cafu
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Doesn't really surprise me. Hutton is awful at RB in my opinion, because his positioning is just awful. It leads to a lot of situations where we get punished hard. At right midfield he can use what he's good at more freely. He has a great engine. Superb effort and drive in him. Pretty decent at tackling as well. Good at driving forward. Bit shit at crosses, but all in all I can easily see him being a better option at RM than RB.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 pm

By most accounts Hutton had a good game yesterday as a right-winger. But usually when attacking from right-back he's awful, especially his crosses. So I think yesterday was just a one-off, I wouldn't want us to be utilizing him on the wing as a regular thing, as starter or back-up.

Teams already leave him with space knowing he does nothing with the ball, allowing them to have a man over in other areas of the pitch. If we were to sacrifice one of our attacking players for him, we'd be playing into the oppositions hands even more.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:26 pm

By the way, Jae needs to start the Wigan thread as he did so well with the Sheff Wed one!

Over to you mate..............
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:11 pm

I can't believe I'd forgotten he'd triggered an appearance-dependant extension.

He would have looked better at right mid as he wont have to be tracking back as much as he usually does. Him getting up the wing so often isn't the sole reason he gets caught out of position - he has a shocking tendency whether through exhaustion or just garden variety brain-fade to switch off - but it is a sizeable percentage of the time she does let players in behind him.

I do wonder through how he's been coached over the last few years. Maybe his mini-Renaissance has something to do with Bruce or Clemence?

Either way, fair play to him.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Sheff we'd match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 am

The chance Hutton missed was embarrassing for a pro footballer?? He looked like that kid at school who always got picked last because he has the hand eye coordination of Mr Bean!

A win is a win though but we need someone else to take up some of the scoring responsibility!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 am

DelboyVilla wrote:The chance Hutton missed was embarrassing for a pro footballer?? He looked like that kid at school who always got picked last because he has the hand eye coordination of Mr Bean!

A win is a win though but we need someone else to take up some of the scoring responsibility!

Hourihane's miss was even worse
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:29 am

De Kuip wrote:By the way, Jae needs to start the Wigan thread as he did so well with the Sheff Wed one!

Over to you mate..............

The pressure! Also I did start the thread mid Match so.....
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:The chance Hutton missed was embarrassing for a pro footballer?? He looked like that kid at school who always got picked last because he has the hand eye coordination of Mr Bean!

Hourihane's miss was even worse

Hourihane's was absolutely worse as he had time to set his sights and he missed by at least a yard of the far post!

Hutton actually started the move that eventually led him to miss, by playing the ball to Adomah from the half way line and Hutton was the player to make the effort to get on the return pass from Adomah.
Yes he missed but after he made the pass to Adomah, he didn't stop and say I have done my bit instead he showed the determination to get into the box to receive the ball and have a shot!
We need more players to show that same commitment but perhaps with a bit more skill.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2