The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread

+15
Gordonsleftboot
Dazzle
Jae1411
De Kuip
AstonThriller
Boldfinger
mefromhere
achilles
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
deadbuzzardalive
FoxyAV
Saunders82
4BetLite
NARLA24
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Jack shit is all that got created. I thought Adomahman was our most creative player!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread

Post by Fpuppys Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm

Having read all the post's, WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN THIS GAME? (Sorry for all the caps admin, just had to be said.)

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:52 pm

mefromhere wrote:Is it just me or is anybody else a bit fed up of Jack "don't pass, slow the play, try to get fouled" Grealish?

Hardly ever tries to find a forward pass or even take someone on.

Jack has massive amounts of skill but until he learns to use it he and us are going to suffer, at the moment he is just a prancing pony looking for the slightest touch to go down for a foul, if he got on with it and passed & moved things would be a lot better, the amount of times he tries to dribble everyone and just runs into trouble and looses it is astounding, mind you there are others too who are the same. Compare that to Forestieri at Sheffield Wednesday, he is skillful but is not greedy and is always looking to bring in his teamates, we can dream can't. Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:19 pm

Of course we must also mention the true class act that was on show today at WHL and that was the Villa fans. Once again they remain the one thing about Villa that I am consistently proud of.
A couple of greats comments from Spurs fans about Villa's supporters at the foot of tonight's Mail article having a go at Danny Murphy. All the funnier for putting some knuckle dragger in his place in the comments section.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-murphy-message-bbc-pundit-12423790
De Kuip
De Kuip

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 am

Sam Johnstone: 9 - Looked very comfortable especially considering he's little idea about the blokes in front of him.

Hutton: 5 - Shit as always. Left the player who crossed the ball for their first goal and then lolloped back as slow as you like.

Chester: 8 - MotM for me. Cool, calm, collected. Outstanding.

Baker: 7.5 - Superb except for the last 15 where he seemed to be suffering badly from whatever went in his back.

Amavi: 6 - 25 million? Should have taken it. Not great going forward and really struggled at times at the back. Was superb every now and then but mostly seemed to struggle.

Grealish: 4 - utter pussyhole and a showpony we can't afford the luxury to carry.

Tish: 7 - Did more than Gardner and Westwood could ever dream of doing. Needs a creative, non-pussyhole outlet next to him.

Jedi: 6 - Slow. Very slow. No creativity at all.

Bacuna: 5 - today's Gardener/Westwood. Lots of energy as usual but nothing effective at all.

Adomah: 7.5 - covered Hutton as much a human being possibly can. Looked good going forward. Prem quality.

Gabby: 6 - fed only off scraps fed to him by a midfield that was either shut down very quickly (Adomah/Tish) or hoof balls from Jedi. What he did, he was ok with.

Subs: none of them really had long to show much but a big well done to Bruce for throwing on the two young lads as soon as Spuds scored. I love Green, and Davis showed lots of energy and willingness to bust his arse. Only had a couple of touches but they were ok.

Putting those two lads on was great to see and hopefully we'll see more. As Joppe said, it's a big two-fingers up to RHM who is acting the sugarbag.

There was no way were ever going to be a threat to Spurs without Kodjia and Ayew at his best and certainly not with Jediknackered and the utter-fanny Grealish in the midfield. But 2-0 flattered them and I think despite the loss there were some very encouraging aspects to our game.

Lots of comments on twitter defending Grealish suggesting that if he had a team around him like Dele Alli does, he'd be a lot better. Well der! Anyone would. Fact is he's no Dele Alli. Nowhere near it.

Final word goes to referee Mike Dean. And that word is sugarbag!!!!!!
Trotters
Trotters

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:58 am

Might need to chec your numbers trotters. Johnstone has the highest score but you gave Chester motm
Jae1411

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 am

Yeah I know but outfield players have to do more so I factored that in*

*fucked up
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 am

Amavi was at fault for Spurs second, can't defend a simple one two, basically he just can't defend!

If we could get anywhere near 25mill just take it!
achilles
achilles

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:41 am

I'll not be selecting Grealish in anymore of my starting lineups until he can string together a handful of consistently decent performances. I've said it over a decent amount of time and posts, he's not putting performances on the pitch and hasn't done so since the FA Cup semifinal win over Liverpool, he's looking every inch a player living off of reputation alone. He's got the rest of this season to put things right otherwise I'd say we should look to offload in the summer, the time for talking a good game has long since passsed. The bloke is a passenger at present, along with Gardner and Westwood.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:47 am

Does Amavi have enough to be top class eventually - Yes
Do we have defensive coaches that can get him there - Yes
Is he worth 25m - Nope
Should we take 25m if offered - fuk yeah!

To me though, he is the least of our worries and could form a great back 4 with Bakes, Chester and a new quality RB. We also need a good young RB. 2 quality MF'S and maybe another CB.

I'm undecided on attackers as the ones we have are quality but have not had a balanced MF behind them yet. I'd be happy to address our front line in the summer.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 am

Amavi's last 3 games have been piss poor.
He is nowhere near the player he was before his injury.
At the moment he looks like an average championship left back. AVERAGE if we could get anywhere near the amount being mentioned then we should snap their arm off.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:09 pm

When we were a PL team, championship teams would come to VP and give it a go. Ok I know we weren't at our strongest yesterday et al, but we never seem to do what those 'lesser' teams did to us. Why not?

Looking at yesterday, I don't see promotion this year and I think we need another 12 months to get a proper team together. We do have a few players who are good enough, but are just too weak in too many key areas.

RB, at least one more CB, 2 CM, a proper striker, another winger or wide man are the least of what we need.

At least we seem to have a decent GK for a few months at least.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm

I agree with everyone's summing up above. Here's my take...

Johnson 9 - Fabulous, solid, and will give the defenders confidence having him behind.

Hutton 5 - Got stuck in well enough but awful passing/distribution put us in trouble a few times and positionally inept.

Chester 9 - Very good all round

Baker 9 - Ditto Chester, worrying injury though and i hope to goodness he's fit for Wolves (a)

Amavi 5 - Does what Amavi does. Momentary glimpses of class amidst a swathe of concerning moments one of which cost a goal. More worrying than promising.

Adomah 6.5 - A few good touches but ineffective going forwards. Occasionally beat his man but lacks pace to be effective at prem level.

Bacuna 5 - A few contributions to the game but awful when in their half. Again zero creativity.

Tishbola 6 - Got stuck in and height was an advantage in midfield but no creativity.

Jedinak 5 - Again got stuck in and was difficult to get past but zero creativity and too slow

Grealish 4 - Repeatedly ran into dead ends and gave the ball away in dangerous areas. Stopped more attacks than he created. Weak, poor decision making although one or two good bits of control but in our half of the pitch not theirs.

Gabby 6 - Little of the ball but tried and did pose a slight threat on a few occasions. Only 1 half chance which he got to and connected well with (was on target) but sadly good Spurs defending snuffed it out. Needed some kind of service.

Subs:

McCormack 4 - Little impact but then no service.
Green & Davies 5 - Struggled to get in a game that was already gone.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Jedinak 5 - Again got stuck in and was difficult to get past but zero creativity and too slow

if he was to shave his beard off that would make him quicker, lighter and more streamlined/ aerodynamic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:52 pm

andrew24561 wrote:Jedinak 5 - Again got stuck in and was difficult to get past but zero creativity and too slow

if he was to shave his beard off that would make him quicker, lighter and more streamlined/ aerodynamic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is good at what he does which is breaking up play but he is so one dimensional it is untrue as his mobility is dire, passing crap, no pace!
I am not convinced that overall he is any better than Sanchez who we loaned out as not good enough?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Sanchez was just as good defensively ... but had more pace, better passing and is fitter.
Thanks RDM
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:45 pm

mefromhere wrote:Sanchez was just as good defensively ... but had more pace, better passing and is fitter.
Thanks RDM

How easily people forget, Sanchez couldn't pass wind. He can't really tackle either, his sole talent is man marking and keeping players out of games but to say he was better passer than jedinak is naive to say the least.
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Jae1411 wrote:
mefromhere wrote:Sanchez was just as good defensively ... but had more pace, better passing and is fitter.
Thanks RDM

How easily people forget, Sanchez couldn't pass wind. He can't really tackle either, his sole talent is man marking and keeping players out of games but to say he was better passer than jedinak is naive to say the least.

I think Sanchez looked the epitome of a southern style footballer that couldn't hack the pace of the English game. He had decent ability, but it never showed cause the game just ran past him. It's like every pass, tackle and movement was 2-3 seconds late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Boldfinger wrote:Amavi's last 3 games have been piss poor.
He is nowhere near the player he was before his injury.
At the moment he looks like an average championship left back. AVERAGE if we could get anywhere near the amount being mentioned then we should snap their arm off.

Looks like his head is else where. I think he's off this window. If he isn't I'd expect him to perform much better once the transfer window is shut.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Sanchez had the odd game which made you think there was a good player in there but way too inconsistent. Couldn't pass, gave away too many fouls, and didn't win balls in the air. Jedinak is better than him in all aspects despite being a decade older!!

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Jedinak reads the game a hell of a lot better than Sanchez who seemed to be consistently baffled as to how the ball got past him.

I thought Sanchez would be an amazing player once he got used to the English game; but he just never got to grips with it. 

As for this window, I was hoping beween our coaches, Bruce and the new technical director with his reported vast knowledge would be able to come up with something more interesting that Stewart fucking Downing. So let's hope that name is nothing more than paper talk.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Downing is lazy journalism from shite ambulance-chasing journos.

Reports that Boro might let him go, what's the easiest link? Villa
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Spurs v Aston Villa FA Cup thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2