The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa Vs Burton - match thread

+10
Villa_Dan
Con
AstonThriller
NARLA24
danclare82
4BetLite
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
De Kuip
Jae1411
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa Vs Burton - match thread

Post by AstonThriller Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:15 pm

De Kuip wrote:Thanks for starting the thread AT did a good job last time but has obviously been kidnapped by aliens.
Going for a 2-0 win for Villa both from Kodjia either side of HT.
Should be a great atmosphere gutted I can't make it.

LOL blimey I totally forgot!!!..but hey It looks like me and you have got a rival now pal Laughing .

Great win today and that's all that matters right now. Quality performances will only come when we sort out that bloody midfield in January. Until then these rubbish wins are great because it doesn't paper over the cracks but still gives us those lovely three points Scarf Waving .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa Vs Burton - match thread

Post by The Utterer Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:33 pm

That's a big 3 points after one of the worst Villa performances i have witnessed recently Laughing  

Grealish looked good when he came on and i thought McCormack had one of his best games for us and Gunn made a couple of big saves too. As for the rest? Well Amavi was dire as were Adomah and Jedinak. Hutton was average but with the usual poor moments which seem to infest his game, Baker and Chester were great.

Midfield was as usual abysmal. Kodija put in lots of effort in a desperate attempt to get involved as he had literally no service incoming from midfield, but was pretty ineffective when he actually got the ball often giving it away or getting caught offside.

Ayew did well when he came on too i thought, for ten mins anyway.

Overall delighted with 3 points from such an awful performance. Burton played about as well as they could have i'd say but we were dire and yet still won the game. That's actually not a bad sign in reality.

Roll on some new signings.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:54 pm

I am not certain I could watch that crap for a full season but it is 3 points and until Bruce gets his own players in I will go along with it!

Baker MOM for me, immense!

Great goal from Bacuna and at least he showed some energy from a pedestrian midfield of Jedinak and Gardner who were terrible! Worse game I have seen from Amavi this season, Adomah wasn't much better and his miss was embarrassing.

Leeds are going to be a lot harder and I am not certain we can cope with any sides that show an ounce of desire and passion!

Still we won (must keep reminding myself)!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Adomah two assists today. That's a great performance.

He's settled in right away since he signed and is a first-on-the-teamsheet player for us right now.

Edit: or was the second assist from Ayew? That first assist was definitely his though, and it was a great cross. Needs more support from center of midfield and behind him.

Con
Con

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Con wrote:Adomah two assists today. That's a great performance.

He's settled in right away since he signed and is a first-on-the-teamsheet player for us right now.

He was involved with the build up but it was Ayew who got the 2nd assist
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:04 am

Con wrote:Adomah two assists today. That's a great performance.

Edit: or was the second assist from Ayew? That first assist was definitely his though, and it was a great cross. Needs more support from center of midfield and behind him.

Yes Ayew made the second, i agree he (Adomah) set up the first but had several chances to create more than that which he didn't take and often gave away very promising positions with poor play and missed a sitter to boot. Overall a very frustrating performance i felt though a win is a win.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 am

Although I understand keeping the same starting XI after winning away, I feel Bruce got the team selection wrong yesterday, but we still found a way to win, we haven't had a decent 90min showing in any of our games this season, we have had decent patches, we have too much quality at this level not to click soon.
I should imagine Grealish will come in against Leeds & maybe Deadwood for Gardner
VillaBill
VillaBill

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:12 am

We were awful, but a few points has to be made.

1) Burton were far better at passing and retaining the ball than us. This is by some distance our biggest problem. We just lose possession way too much.

2) We have players that are just terrified of getting the ball. Whenever we enter possession they are hiding instead of making runs and taking out width.

3) Point 1 and 2 was largely improved by subbing on Ayew and Grealish. Grealish really should be starting. At least over Gardner or McCormack anyway whom are fecking dreadful. Ayew is a big player for us when he pasdes the ball simply because his runs and movement make us a different team. A better team.

4) Baker and Chester works.

5) While Jedi and Amavi was terrible, I think they are capable. Hutton, Gardner and McCormack on the other hand..

6) Holte went kinda silent at 1-1 me thinks. You could hear a penny drop for most of the match.

7) Ultimately I think Burton was robbed yesterday. While small teams often overachieve at such "cup finals", I still think they looked a better team than us after 1-1.

8) I was watching that Forestieri fella against Newcastle last night and the amount of runs he makes and the ability to bring his team into play - exactly what we need.

Anyway, I won't complain about dreadful performances when we pick up three points, but you gotta question what the plan is in January. I keep hearing talk of a goalkeeper, but there are far more pressing needs than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 am

To be fair McCormack was much better yesterday but yes Burton Albion played us off the park but got nothing, such is football!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 pm

achilles wrote:To be fair McCormack was much better yesterday but yes Burton Albion played us off the park but got nothing, such is football!

The amount of misplaced passes by Amavi though, it was borderline taking the piss. I didn't keep track of how many he misplaced, but it felt like double digits. And while it's quite normal to have the odd bad pass, it's just not ok from a defender. It invites pressure straight back on to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Joppe84 wrote:We were awful, but a few points has to be made.

1) Burton were far better at passing and retaining the ball than us. This is by some distance our biggest problem. We just lose possession way too much.

2) We have players that are just terrified of getting the ball. Whenever we enter possession they are hiding instead of making runs and taking out width.

3) Point 1 and 2 was largely improved by subbing on Ayew and Grealish. Grealish really should be starting. At least over Gardner or McCormack anyway whom are fecking dreadful. Ayew is a big player for us when he pasdes the ball simply because his runs and movement make us a different team. A better team.

4) Baker and Chester works.

5) While Jedi and Amavi was terrible, I think they are capable. Hutton, Gardner and McCormack on the other hand..

6) Holte went kinda silent at 1-1 me thinks. You could hear a penny drop for most of the match.

7)  Ultimately I think Burton was robbed yesterday. While small teams often overachieve at such "cup finals", I still think they looked a better team than us after 1-1.

8) I was watching that Forestieri fella against Newcastle last night and the amount of runs he makes and the ability to bring his team into play - exactly what we need.

Anyway, I won't complain about dreadful performances when we pick up three points, but you gotta question what the plan is in January. I keep hearing talk of a goalkeeper, but there are far more pressing needs than that.

I have to agree with all these points Joppe, especially point 8 Forestieri is a fantastic player totally a TEAM player and so unselfish, we should go all out to sign him in January he would make us tick. Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 50815218

Saunders82
Saunders82

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
achilles wrote:To be fair McCormack was much better yesterday but yes Burton Albion played us off the park but got nothing, such is football!

The amount of misplaced passes by Amavi though, it was borderline taking the piss. I didn't keep track of how many he misplaced, but it felt like double digits. And while it's quite normal to have the odd bad pass, it's just not ok from a defender. It invites pressure straight back on to us.

Dr. Tony Xia
@Dr_TonyXia

40m

Don't bother reading this. I can tell we have rejected an offer of £25M for @@JordanAmavi He will grow bigger at @AVFCOfficial !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would definitely sell him for £25 million, never in a million years is he worth that much, the world has gone mad!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:54 pm

I think one of the reasons we give the ball away a lot and often don't seem to have much pattern to our play, is because we keep chopping and changing the team. It might be okay if you have a squad full of top players who pretty much have the ability to play with anybody, but for us I think we really need to have a bit more consistency in our team selections so the players can develop an understanding with each other.

deadbuzzardalive

Villa Vs Burton - match thread  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2