The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread

+19
AstonThriller
andrew24561
danclare82
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
mefromhere
Jae1411
smetro
Wookster
FoxyAV
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
Con
Saunders82
Dazzle
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
The Utterer
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:28 pm

At least the ref is being consistently shit.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread

Post by danclare82 Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:29 pm

This had started rubbish again. We look like we have no idea going forward at all
danclare82
danclare82

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Ffs!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:36 pm

consistently clueless
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Kodjia and Adomah are the two doing the work, Bacuna needs to play as a winger and we need Grealish on. Gestede could replace McCormack but only if we can cross, and I think we need more in midfield
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:52 pm

I can't believe us we win a penalty and cock it up, I have to say I hadnt noticed that Kodjia always goes right side, but as hes running up Davie Prutton is telling everyone this, the goalie must know it cos he is already diving to his left, Kodjia has not even played the ball yet, plenty of time to adjust and go left, BUT NO HE STILL GOES RIGHT, I have to say if you are a penalty taker and can go one way then you should NOT take penalties, we make a simply game so difficult, got it all to do again now. QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Kodjia missing the penalty is no surprise. He's taken a few and gone the same way every single time so it was always gonna catch up with him. Mccormack missing that though is just typical. In all honesty the one on one he missed at Sheff Wed seems to have killed all confidence in the lad and he hasn't been the same player since.

I'd bring on Ayew and Grealish for Mccormack and Bacuna. Might aswell try and play the same team who dominated the second half at Brighton. What is clear though is we really are a mess away from home and regardless of the result at the end we desperately need changes next month.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:58 pm

QPR have zero shots on target and only one shot to Villa's 8.

It's there for us to win. We have dominated the first half.

I would assume a second half in which we run to an easy victory of 2-3 goals as QPR tire except that at the start of the season Villa always dominated the first half then it reversed in the second.

This is a good test of the Bruce factor. Has he made any difference? Can he make Villa dominate the second as we did the first half or will it be like RDM and the wheels start wobbling for the last 20 minutes?

Last edited by Con on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Con
Con

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:59 pm

QPR are rubbish, unfortunately we aren't any better ourselves. Any other promotion chasing team would make light work of them. Our ball retention is rubbish, no pattern to our attacking play, whatsoever, seem to be just hoping we get lucky from a long ball or a cross.

Would be so nice to have one game where we dominate play, control the game, and win by comfortable margin.

We need an whole new midfield.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Until we get a midfielder who can pick a pass we will be shite, simply situations are made so difficult by us, for instance early doors Kodjia chases down a through ball on the left ends up close to the line QPR player at his back he couldnt go anywhere, Amavi is clear about 5 yards away, does he slide the ball to him & spin away back into play, NO he goes off on a run towards our goal past Amavi and turns and passes to Amavi taking himself out of the game, chance missed, if I can see that (a former parks footballer) then surely a so called PROFESSIONAL player should see it. Unimpressed. QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:05 pm

I really wouldnt say we dominated 1st half at all. I thought we looked rubbish. Was expecting a much better display than that after Norwich game. If we're not careful we will loose this. Come on villa!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Far better start to the second half from us. Cmon Villa
NARLA24
NARLA24

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:29 pm

I think we bought the wrong Sylla
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:33 pm

I SAID GREALISH, NOT GABBY!!!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:59 pm

Happy Christmas you bastards!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Good away win that. Thank fuck.UTV
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Surprised that after 2 seasons playing in England Kodjia requires an interpreter to speak to Sky
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Vastly the better team 2nd half. Nervy at the end but a well deserved 3 points
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Well the result was OK but they really make us suffer, they make things so difficult for theirselves, roll on the window lets get some quality in. QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:21 pm

We needed that - I did wonder if the honeymoon period was over and we would fall apart. So its a welcome boost with Burton up next.
Like that shape of todays team - He didn't play great but I would perverse with Mccormack - he can score goals and create them to - hopefully he can play himself into a bit of form.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Wookster wrote:Surprised that after 2 seasons playing in England Kodjia requires an interpreter to speak to Sky
That was Trotters doing the translation haha
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Yeah a very important win this is. With two home games to come it gives us a chance to really put pressure on the clubs above us now. Though personally I wouldn't stick with this side for the Burton game because let's be honest we've won four on the spin at home so why change that team?

It's interesting to note that since Calderwood has come in we've won three, Lost two, with two clean sheets and no draws. Before that we'd kept two clean sheets in thirteen games. So hopefully this continues.

What's obvious to all that watch us though is we simply don't score enough. If we just up our goals per game average just slightly we'd be flying I think. We've won seven games and all but two have been by a single goal. Just imagine if we had a better attack? Those draws against Huddersfield, Brentford, Barnsley, Forest and Derby wouldn't be haunting us right now as we'd have won at least four of those games.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:13 pm

just looked at the table and if we beat burton boxing day we overhaul the clowns. these points were so important today and that should be a massive incentive for them next week
Jae1411

QPR vs Aston Villa Match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:36 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Yeah a very important win this is. With two home games to come it gives us a chance to really put pressure on the clubs above us now. Though personally I wouldn't stick with this side for the Burton game because let's be honest we've won four on the spin at home so why change that team?

It's interesting to note that since Calderwood has come in we've won three, Lost two, with two clean sheets and no draws. Before that we'd kept two clean sheets in thirteen games. So hopefully this continues.

What's obvious to all that watch us though is we simply don't score enough. If we just up our goals per game average just slightly we'd be flying I think. We've won seven games and all but two have been by a single goal. Just imagine if we had a better attack? Those draws against Huddersfield, Brentford, Barnsley, Forest and Derby wouldn't be haunting us right now as we'd have won at least four of those games.

Yes - we don't score enough - todays goal was another solo effort. we need to start scoring team goals - i would love to see admomah beat a full back for pace - sling in a cross, which Kjodia heads down in the path on an ocoming midfielder arriving late in the box. when the threat is coming from all angles we will score more - we are still to one dimensional.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:00 pm

I think that team was near enough spot on today ...

If you are looking for more going forward then I think the obvious choice is to play more than one up front and keep the rest the same, so either make McCormack play further forward or play Ayew and play him as a centre forward. Not a winger, not a left sided midfielder. A striker, which is his job.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next