The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Burton

+5
NARLA24
VillaBill
De Kuip
achilles
Wookster
9 posters

Go down

Villa v Burton Empty Villa v Burton

Post by Wookster Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
Wookster
Wookster

Villa v Burton 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Burton Empty Re: Villa v Burton

Post by NARLA24 Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:16 am

Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Brilliant. Lets see if we can push 38,000.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa v Burton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:43 am

Typical, can't make that game!
Have to make do with the Leeds match.
Looks like some Villa fans are preparing early for the visit of Leeds - someone had sprayed "Die Leeds" on the wall between The Holte Pub and the car park at the back of the Holte lol.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Burton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:51 am

Yes, a big crowd expected and NO train service, bloody brilliant! Villa v Burton 1715320296
achilles
achilles

Villa v Burton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:53 am

NARLA24 wrote:
Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

I wonder if the club are thinking maybe even more?

By my reckoning, the top of the Trinity is 3,500.

If VP capacity is 42,785 (and I assume Burton will sell their allocation)

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

So either the club reckon we'll get close to 40,000+ or maybe they are just thinking they're happy to have a few patches of empty seats dotted around the ground, as even with that, a nearly full Upper Trinity would give the ground a better balance and reduce the amount of single and double-only seat tickets that would be available elsewhere in the ground for sale on the day.
Even for Saturday's game, I couldn't get 4 seats (well I call them seats but I always make sure I book where everyone stands all game - bollocks to sitting down to watch football) in K4, so we ended up in K3. I guess those rolling up on Boxing day who don't go often aren't going in ones and twos, so possibly the Upper Trinity allows for people booking 3s and 4s of seats around the ground, leaving some less-noticeable ones and twos empty dotted everywhere else.
My feeling is no more than 35/36k, but we'll leave that for GTC eh!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Burton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:02 pm

I really do hope we win this one as i live in Burton and it would be just unbearable to not win. Already they all think they'll "Do us" as they are all plastic Mancs & Plastic Sousers round here so don't have the knowledge of Aston Villa & see us as a small nothing club.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Villa v Burton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

I was surprised to see the stand opening for the Burton game, I know its Boxing Day, one of the most iconic fixture dates in the calendar, but I wouldn't expect so much demand, but what do I know?
Merry Xmas fellow Villans, UTV
VillaBill
VillaBill

Villa v Burton 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:35 am

De Kuip wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

So either the club reckon we'll get close to 40,000+ or maybe they are just thinking they're happy to have a few patches of empty seats dotted around the ground, as even with that, a nearly full Upper Trinity would give the ground a better balance and reduce the amount of single and double-only seat tickets that would be available elsewhere in the ground for sale on the day.
Even for Saturday's game, I couldn't get 4 seats (well I call them seats but I always make sure I book where everyone stands all game - bollocks to sitting down to watch football) in K4, so we ended up in K3. I guess those rolling up on Boxing day who don't go often aren't going in ones and twos, so possibly the Upper Trinity allows for people booking 3s and 4s of seats around the ground, leaving some less-noticeable ones and twos empty dotted everywhere else.
Guess the crowd is going to sort the men from the boys for this one me thinks.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa v Burton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:23 am

NARLA24 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

@NARLA24 I wouldn't be following @De Kuip maths for that one? My guess is that @De Kuip is Jimmy Carr's tax accountant?
DelboyVilla

Villa v Burton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:47 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

@NARLA24 I wouldn't be following @De Kuip maths for that one? My guess is that @De Kuip is Jimmy Carr's tax accountant?
Agreed mate Villa v Burton 1520050566 Villa v Burton 1520050566 Villa v Burton 4025243045
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa v Burton 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:56 am

We need results for the fans to show up. Performances like that against Norwich won't encourage fans to show up.

The GTC will certainly be interesting.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Burton 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:18 am

Burton won't take that many as they actually don't have that many fans. They struggle to sell out their ground even though this is the best team in their history. Most won't travel though i expect hundreds not thousands of them.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Villa v Burton 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:32 am

The Utterer wrote:Burton won't take that many as they actually don't have that many fans. They struggle to sell out their ground even though this is the best team in their history. Most won't travel though i expect hundreds not thousands of them.

I disagree - I think its there cup final.

Really struggling for my GTC entry for this one !
smetro
smetro

Villa v Burton 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum