The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Second half collapses...a deeper look.

2 posters

Go down

Second half collapses...a deeper look. Empty Second half collapses...a deeper look.

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:19 am

Guys I was listening to BBC WM the other day and someone brought up a good point. Does everyone remember the Boro pre-season game?

There's a pattern that is emerging....

Vs Boro

Team: 442 system

.................Gollini............

...Hutton..Elphick..Baker...Cissokho...

..Bacuna..Westwood..Gardner..Grealish..

..............Ayew...Gestede.....................

Leading 1-0 at halftime and dominated the first half. Ended up losing 3-1.

Vs Luton

Team: system 442

...................Bunn...............

..Richards..Okore...Baker...Amavi...

..Green..Tshibola..Gardner..Grealish..

...........Mccormack..Ayew...

Took the lead, had chance after chance, then let in a goal and folded. Lost 3-1.

Vs Bristol City

Team: System 442

................Gollini...........

..De laet...Elphick..Chester...Cissokho (Amavi after 20 mins)

..Bacuna..Westwood..Jedinak..Grealish

............Mccormack...Ayew......

Leading 1-0 at halftime, had chance after chance but then folded and lost 3-1 in the end.

If you notice both Ayew and Grealish played in all three matches. Could it be that their lack of work rate proves to be very costly the longer the game progresses? Westwood and Bacuna's presence in two of those is clearly an issue too. Remember these results have occurred over the last seven games this team has played. The Boro game may have been a friendly but it was the first sign of what was to come wasn't it?

After this transfer window we'll see what tools we'll have to play with. If RDM is determined to stick with 442 then I hope he brings in more wide options tonight. Along with a central midfielder who can nick a goal. Otherwise a change in system to prevent these collapses may be in order.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Second half collapses...a deeper look. 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Second half collapses...a deeper look. Empty Re: Second half collapses...a deeper look.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 am

My impression is that we don't play 442 at all. I could be wrong, but are you sure about that flat 442?

Back to top Go down

Second half collapses...a deeper look. Empty Re: Second half collapses...a deeper look.

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:01 am

Joppe84 wrote:My impression is that we don't play 442 at all. I could be wrong, but are you sure about that flat 442?

From what I can tell we have played 442. First game against Wednesday Ayew was left wing with Bacuna on the right and Gestede/Mccormac upfront. Second versus Rotherham Ayew played right wing, Grealish left and the same Mccormack/Gestde combination up top etc etc.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 am

The problem with 4231 is that it can look like 442. I've always thought these collapses we've had has been because we've had two wide players in Grealish and Ayew that fall off defensively. That's why I'm interested to see how it will work with a player like Adomah.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:06 am

Interesting stuff AT.

A team in which 2 players don't put in a shift is obviously a problem as it puts more pressure on others in the side and they tire quicker? Maybe RDM needs to replace Ayew or Jack (my choice would be Ayew) with a harder worker and see what happens?
DelboyVilla

Second half collapses...a deeper look. 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:17 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Interesting stuff AT.

A team in which 2 players don't put in a shift is obviously a problem as it puts more pressure on others in the side and they tire quicker? Maybe RDM needs to replace Ayew or Jack (my choice would be Ayew) with a harder worker and see what happens?

I can see Ayew being dropped tbh. If RDM plays 442 then Kodjia/Mcccoarmack upfront with Adomah and Grealish on the wings would give us more balance. The only way Ayew can get in is if the system changes to 433 imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down