The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Derby v Villa match thread

+22
Cha Ching
smetro
Fpuppys
GenBrRam
De Kuip
Boldfinger
KMitch
nickf21
BillytheKid
VTID85
AstonThriller
Saunders82
worcesterkev
avfc forever
FoxyAV
The Utterer
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
4BetLite
avfcjay
Trotters
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your predictions please....

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 27

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Derby v Villa match thread

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Didn't SKY also say that James Chester wasn't signed in time so wouldn't play?

Let's see what ITK Xia says, eh? I'll be delighted if he does start.
Trotters
Trotters

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:32 pm

His latest tweet says SKY is right....no problem with his medical check.

Happy. Fucking. Days"

Edit: that's about the Klingon. Bollocks. Sorry. As you were.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf21 Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:42 pm

SKY saying Weimann is out, but Bent might start.
So that means he is obviously going to score, but fingers crossed we get two.

therefore, 1-2. A sloppy goal from a corner and an absolute screamer from Ayew.
1-0 at half time to Derby. RDM, Tommy and the Jedi go mental at half time. Dr. T. pops into the dressing room and threatens to release everyone to Sunderland. We then storm the 2nd half.

Job done.
nickf21

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:47 pm

If housebrick starts then you can forget about them scoring. That's half the job done.

Birmingham Mail running a comment from RDM stating that Jedi can play.

Happy. Fucking. Days.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:52 pm

RDM on Jedi Master could start tommorow :)

When asked if he could feature tomorrow, the manager replied: “Everything seems to be fine.”

The 32-year-old midfielder played for Palace last week so his match fitness isn’t an issue.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mile-jedinaks-aston-villa-debut-11773966
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Trotters wrote:Looks like Bent is out injured (or was) and has been overlooked for another striker. That's a shame really...I think we all know what to expect from Bent.

Looking at a Rams forum, not one of them had Weimann in the starting line up or as a sub so maybe he's crocked too. I'd have been interested to see what kind of welcome he received - the lad always gave his (limited) best but I'm sure the neanderthals in our end would boo him. And his headless chicken routine would baffle someone like Cissokho so maybe it's a good thing if he's out. Laughing

What kind of a reception has Albrighton received? I'm curious because he gave his all for Villa whenever he played for us, he just wasn't in any manager's plans since Houllier.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:28 pm

I think we will see the true start of the revolution tomorrow, a convincing 3-0 villa win
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I've gone for a head ruling heart 2-2 but on our game for the full 90 I would love 2-0. I've been both impressed and frustrated with our attack. Impressed because of the chances and interplay, frustrated because of the lack of converting them.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:28 pm

From reading, they're in a similar boat - happy enough with how they're playing but where are the goals coming from? Ours are down to missed chances, I think there's are down to a lack of a proper in-form striker.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Got the game on in my pool bar tomorrow if anyone fancies a jolly Drink Drink Drink
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Send a photo
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:22 am

Trotters wrote:Send a photo
Will do. I will have to send it to you via watsapp then you can post it up on here fella
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:50 am

NARLA24 wrote:Got the game on in my pool bar tomorrow if anyone fancies a jolly Drink Drink Drink

It'll probably be warmer and nicer than Derby!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:06 am

Derby fan has just noted that McCormack hadn't scored against them in the last 6 meetings!

Go lump a tenner on him!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:07 am

NARLA24 wrote:
Trotters wrote:Send a photo
Will do. I will have to send it to you via watsapp then you can post it up on here fella

Will do. Put your speedos on! Laughing at You
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:08 am

Y'all ok with the banners going up in the header? Obviously only go up for a short time.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 am

Yeah, was dubious when you suggested it but I like it now!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBrRam Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:52 am

Trotters wrote:From reading, they're in a similar boat - happy enough with how they're playing but where are the goals coming from? Ours are down to missed chances, I think there's are down to a lack of a proper in-form striker.

Rams fan here. Pearson hasn't been starting out top scorer for the past three seasons (Chris Martin) in favour of Bent for some reason (must be seeing something we don't). Bent has had quite a few chances, as has Ince - they just haven't converted anything yet.

Trotters wrote:Looks like Bent is out injured (or was) and has been overlooked for another striker. That's a shame really...I think we all know what to expect from Bent.

Looking at a Rams forum, not one of them had Weimann in the starting line up or as a sub so maybe he's crocked too. I'd have been interested to see what kind of welcome he received - the lad always gave his (limited) best but I'm sure the neanderthals in our end would boo him. And his headless chicken routine would baffle someone like Cissokho so maybe it's a good thing if he's out. Laughing
Joppe84 wrote:Strange how Weimann has struggled in the championship. I always liked him and thought he would tear it up down here.

Weimann hasn't really been given a chance to play for us, but when he did get a run in the team last year he was nominated for Championship player of the month. Clement last year barely included him in the squad though and he has been injured since pre-season this season, so hasn't played. Hopefully he gets a chance on his return, as I am a fan of his as well.

NARLA24 wrote:Gone for a scrape through win. Mind you we do seem to have a good record against Derby if memory serves me correctly.
A win and a hard earnt 3 points, and we are on the goggle box Dancing Banana

We haven't played each other for a long time have we? The last time if I remember right was our record breaking season in the Prem. This Derby side is very different to the one you played then - not run by criminals anymore and we have been one of the top teams in the division for the past three years. We might have struggled so far this year, but I think it will be a close game - maybe a draw, but I think either side could sneak a win. However if we play like we did against Barnsley you will batter us 10-0.
GenBrRam
GenBrRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:08 am

Welcome! Brilliant of you to join us.

Fist things first, the lads traveling might want to know where a good place is to get a drink. Generally they're a decaf soy latte kind of people so if you have any hippy cafes to recommend? Laughing

We're bringing Stan Petrov back for one game and, due to his previous illness, he's been told he can only go 10 yards either side of the halfway line so I'm sure he won't bother you. lol!

This will no doubt be another yard-stick game for us playing another consistently well performing team (season on season maybe, as opposed to right at this stage). Sheffield was a test we failed due to a number of factors so this will no doubt be interesting.

Bent is one of those players that we all know ain't gonna score...until he plays us!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:15 pm

@narla24 is all set up for the game. Free beer if you turn up. Laughing

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 Img-2011

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 Img-2010

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 Img-2012
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:29 pm

[quote="Trotters"]@narla24 is all set up for the game. Free beer if you turn up. Laughing

Facking rain here, ohhhhhhhhhh you lucky bostard
4BetLite
4BetLite

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:57 pm

GenBrRam wrote:
Trotters wrote:From reading, they're in a similar boat - happy enough with how they're playing but where are the goals coming from? Ours are down to missed chances, I think there's are down to a lack of a proper in-form striker.

Rams fan here. Pearson hasn't been starting out top scorer for the past three seasons (Chris Martin) in favour of Bent for some reason (must be seeing something we don't). Bent has had quite a few chances, as has Ince - they just haven't converted anything yet.

Joppe84 wrote:Strange how Weimann has struggled in the championship. I always liked him and thought he would tear it up down here.

Weimann hasn't really been given a chance to play for us, but when he did get a run in the team last year he was nominated for Championship player of the month. Clement last year barely included him in the squad though and he has been injured since pre-season this season, so hasn't played. Hopefully he gets a chance on his return, as I am a fan of his as well.

NARLA24 wrote:Gone for a scrape through win. Mind you we do seem to have a good record against Derby if memory serves me correctly.
A win and a hard earnt 3 points, and we are on the goggle box Dancing Banana

We haven't played each other for a long time have we? The last time if I remember right was our record breaking season in the Prem. This Derby side is very different to the one you played then - not run by criminals anymore and we have been one of the top teams in the division for the past three years. We might have struggled so far this year, but I think it will be a close game - maybe a draw, but I think either side could sneak a win. However if we play like we did against Barnsley you will batter us 10-0.
Thanks for the insight!
One thing I'm already starting to see is that dropping points in the champ doesn't feel quite so disastrous as the prem as so many teams take points off each other. Look how quickly only QPR had a remaining 100% record with everyone else having lost points by the first 3 games. Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday today is a case in point.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf21 Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Really good of GenBrRam to join in - I think its a great idea to get some thoughts from the opposition.
And nice to see they are as pessimistic as we can be.

And banners are great in the header - another nice touch.

Would love the jolly in the sun... maybe a bells are ringing group trip is needed to celebrate promotion. As it is, im hoping the kids will allow me a 90 minute break from bloody Dora The Explorer while it continues to piss down in Dublin.
nickf21

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Also, just out of interest, where's NARLA''s bar - is it Tenerife? Can't remember.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 pm

De Kuip wrote:Hardly worth asking nowadays but anyone know of a feed to the match online?

Here and Its better if you got an Advert blocker running, just select sky sports from column on left at 5.15pm, hope it works for ya.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next