The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What to do about Richards?

+4
Trotters
thegaffer6
smetro
big ming
8 posters

Go down

What to do about Richards? Empty What to do about Richards?

Post by big ming Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 am

Sees to me that if De Laet arrives as expected, he will obviously become first choice right back. I'm with the school that thinks Hutton shoulld never wear a Villa shirt again,so........

Given that Richards is unlikely to be sold (no one is going to match his reputed wages,even if they wanted him in the first place and could get him on a free). Also given that it will cost millions to pay him of,even if a compromise agreement could be reached,my plan would be to have him as back up right back(but NEVER as a centre back again!!) He actually did'nt look too bad there during the first half at Luton.

We could then sit back and wait to see if he breaches his contract in any way going forward with a view to sacking him. Even a minor breach would mean we could tie him up in court for years without pay which would probably motivate him to find a new club. Pretty sure that Dr.T. has some shit hot Lawyers who could handle this.

In a miracle situation, he might even knuckle down and become the player we all suspect is in there somewhere.
big ming

What to do about Richards? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

What to do about Richards? Empty Re: What to do about Richards?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:33 am

Pray for a last day of the window punt by some desperate club. I first wrote we should keep him as a rotation option,  no point cutting off your nose to spite your face etc. But I've changed my mind. I consider him complete cancer to the club. We need to remove the infected tissue to heal the body. Time for a bomb squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:42 am

Always thought it would end up like this.

Depends on his attitude. There must be some talent there ? - especially at this level. Im his biggest critic - but his performance against the noses in the cup last year shows what he is capable of.

I think he will get a loan deal somewhere. Any kind of a fee would be a massive bonus.
smetro
smetro

What to do about Richards? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:13 am

Let him drink a gallon of bleach. Waster.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

What to do about Richards? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:10 am

I wouldn't be totally against giving him a go against opposition from this league to see if he's capable of being a back up right back (as said above, never ever again as CB). He was ok at right back against Luton but any of our defenders down to U18 should look ok against a League 2 side.

Incredible to look at the club's he's played for and imagine that he can be so very very average. Just what the hell has happened there?
Trotters
Trotters

What to do about Richards? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:19 am

Give him a chance at RB is my call but don't allow him anywhere near the CD positions. If we sign De Laet then have the two of them competing for RB..either that or get rid.
The Utterer
The Utterer

What to do about Richards? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:27 am

Trotters wrote:Incredible to look at the club's he's played for and imagine that he can be so very very average. Just what the hell has happened there?

At Man City he would have had some very good players surrounding him, and a decent manager, things he hasn't necessarily had here. I think given some games in a settled side he'd be a very good RB but he might not have the chance.

I hate players being played out of position. Fine if you're wingers or a player like Ayew (but only as striker or on the left or right of a front three or as a no.10, not as a winger!) but not midfielders in defence or any of that nonsense.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

What to do about Richards? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:33 am

It's best for both parties if he finds another club, I'd let him go free if needs be. However I don't see anyone else taking a punt on him given his salary, I think he'd have to be prepared to take a cut which I also think he wouldn't do. We've seemingly seen a whole generation of Winston Bogardes at this club over the last few years, players seemingly happy to see their careers disappear without trace to pick up their inflated salary. I fear Richards could be another one.
Dazzle
Dazzle

What to do about Richards? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:38 am

What to do about Richards? Annex%20-%20Bogart,%20Humphrey_22
Trotters
Trotters

What to do about Richards? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:41 am

Trotters wrote:
Incredible to look at the club's he's played for and imagine that he can be so very very average. Just what the hell has happened there?

While I agree, I object to the use of the word average. Elphick and Grealish are average, but they look feckin world class compared to this pile of shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:59 pm

It's all about attitude on the pitch for me. Seems like when we concede a goal and our heads drop, it's Richards who is leading the charge.

Whatever his future he should be allowed nowhere near the first team. Him and Lescott, Gabby and Bacuna.
Thinman
Thinman

What to do about Richards? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum