The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

villa v nantes

+7
lukevilla
Trotters
HarryAVFC
mefromhere
AstonThriller
achilles
smetro
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

villa v nantes - Page 2 Empty Re: villa v nantes

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:39 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Well if RDM wants to keep playing 4231 then we really need a main striker, RB,  holding DM.

Holding DM? Haven't we already got Gana and Tish?

Also Trotter I wouldn't judge Veretout too harshly in pre-season tbh...He put in some quality performances last season and with a run of games in the championship I'm sure he could grow into a quality player.

We all see things differently, but I see both of those as box2box players. Gana might be a decent ballwinner, but his play style is way too aggressive to be holding/anchor. Personally I see Gana/Tsibola/Gardner fighting for the same spot. We need someone else to be the anchor. Might be why we're linked with Bridgecutt

The days of having a "Makalele" type who rarely contributes anything in the final third are over imo.

Just no. Firstly with a 4231 tactic you need an anchor for balance. Secondly just look at Leicester with Drinkwater and Kante. Kante was everything.

Erm well you've actually just proven my point? Kante got four assists and two goals last season. While Drinkwater got seven assists and two goals last season. So BOTH contributed defensively and offensively. Gana was up there with Kante for interceptions and got one assist and one goal last season. Not as good as those two clearly but it was obvious to me that his best assets are as a defensive midfielder hence the high interception stats.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

villa v nantes - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Not really as Kante was widely compared to Makelele through out the season. The epitomy of a defensive anchor.

The fact that even defence minded players get a few goals and assists in a season you crush everyone else in the league is hardly surprising.
We NEED a good anchor. Whether Gana will rotate in that position who knows, but I'd prefer not.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Not really as Kante was widely compared to Makelele through out the season. The epitomy of a defensive anchor.

The fact that even defence minded players get a few goals and assists in a season you crush everyone else in the league is hardly surprising.
We NEED a good anchor. Whether Gana will rotate in that position who knows, but I'd prefer not.

The fact is judging Tish right now is silly too. If RDM is happy with Gana or Tish taking the defensive role then I'm more than happy with that.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

villa v nantes - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Everything I've read about Tish tells me he's a box midfielder ala Delph. Definately not an anchor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2