The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Where's The Beef?

+11
andrew24561
Con
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
Trotters
The Utterer
smetro
Villa_Dan
4BetLite
FoxyAV
Alf T
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's The Beef?

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:29 pm

ThePurist wrote:I think anyone with a balanced and untainted view on things will see that Xia is a big talker but unlikely to be a big spender in all honesty. The talk of Chinese govt backing was funny to begin with, but then concerning cos people actually think its true! Still, each to their own.
That said, I firmly believe that we don't need fortunes spent to be competitive again. We just need wise heads, which I think we seem to be getting.

When Xia's wealth was questioned, the resident 'experts' all clamoured to tell us that China is different, businessmen don't reveal their wealth, it's all top secret, nobody knows....but the guy linked with Wolves (Robin Li) wealth and background is there for all to see....hmmm, go figure!

Oh, and looking on the clubs website the names Keith Wyness and Christopher Samuelson are not listed? Why?
Surely the fit and proper tests have been carried out by now? Currently we have one board member (Xia) and one advisor to the board (Brian Little).
Does anyone know what's happening with the board?

I have to agree with Alf to some extent, the kind of players we are linked with/not buying are hardly awe inspiring. Doesn't look to me like we are going hell for leather to get promoted immediately.
The fact a 37 year old retired player looks like he stands a decent chance of making the squad should be sounding alarm bells everywhere! Why are Lescott, Agbonlahor and Richards still involved? After last season they all should of been released (even WBA have shipped their crap out the door), purely for the way they alienated the fans.
Another thing, Xia slagged the recruitment policy at the club, yet Reilly is the only div still there from last seasons circus!

5/10 so far for Xia in my view. Have to give him credit for his managerial appointment but that's it up to yet.

LOL I see some folks are still a little hurt that others have the nerve to believe the Chinese state are involved in our takeover? Laughing Yeah I mean it's not like Steve Hollis didn't SAY IT himself right? And it's not like Xia hasn't openly admitted that he knows the president and has ties to the government which is why the president's cousin went to work for one of Xia's companies right? and the Sun and Mirror journo's also said the same...but hey clearly people just pulled that story out of the sky!! Where's The Beef? - Page 2 3769219917 .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:35 pm

As for this thread....never heard such negative rubbish. Xia never promised "80m"....he clearly said "50, 40 or 30m...it's up to the manager". If the keeper and Tish sign within the coming days our spending will be around the 13m mark without selling a single one of our assets.

Building the clubs structure up first is simply the smartest thing to do and I back Xia all the way. Does anyone really think that RDM and his staff, all of whom have been in the champions league, would come here to spend "two of three years in the chumps league"? of course not. Does anyone really think Wyness is gonna settle for that? Or the new Technical guy we just stole from Southampton? Bloody hell people need to be patient.

The Wolves situation may see them owned by a man who will be pouring most of his clout into Milan!!..sorry but I wouldn't want Villa playing second fiddle to any club thank you very much.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:48 pm

The guy from Southampton isn't going to be the 'Technical Director' according to Trent on Villatalk and the Birmingham Evening Mail. I'm looking forward to seeing who it's going to be, and I think it may give us an indication as to the direction we're heading in.

As a championship club we're only going to be signing a certain type of player, we wont really know how powerful Recon/Xia are in the transfer market until we get back into the top flight.
deadbuzzardalive

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Con
Con

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The guy from Southampton isn't going to be the 'Technical Director' according to Trent on Villatalk and the Birmingham Evening Mail. I'm looking forward to seeing who it's going to be, and I think it may give us an indication as to the direction we're heading in.

As a championship club we're only going to be signing a certain type of player, we wont really know how powerful Recon/Xia are in the transfer market until we get back into the top flight.

Yeah he does a role the average fan hardly knows about..which reassures me that Xia and co are leaving no stone uncovered to make sure our set-up is top class from top to bottom.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:45 am

The signings are difficult to get right IMO. You need the mentality and fight while have the quality for being a PL player, and ideally a upper half PL player.

I hope we can keep the few key players we got.

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 am

never mind the beef, where's our BEER!
over to you Joppe lad

oh by the way I'm definitely a 3
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:23 am

ThePurist wrote:
4BetLite wrote:It's all well and good to create a talking point, but, seriously, Im not a fan of negativity just for the sake of it.

We were sold when the season ended, at a time that we were relegated and a major international tournament was about to start. We were sold to a Chinaman, a first for an English team.

Anyone who thinks that he can walk in and fix a huge club that has been bought to its knees by an idiot, taking into account the unique set of circumstances mentioned above....... and to do it all overnight? You must be mad or just plain miserable.

No one has ever mentioned 80m.

We have no chance of signing superstars until we're promoted.

The structure of the business and the football operation must be attended to 1st, that's happening.

The squad must be assessed, that's happening.

Once assessed, the squad will be trimmed and the correct personnel for the Job will come in.

We WILL get promoted and we will trim the squad again and add the big names then.

We WILL finish top 10 in the Prem next year and then the squad will be trimmed and a few superstars will come in.

The next year, we will get relega  Rolling Eyes  we will qualify for the champions league.

I prefer this view of things to the doom mongerers view anyday.

There are 5 viewpoints one can take in my opinion, I won't pigeon hole you into any of them, you can decide yourself.

1. Delusional (the villa are owned by chinese govt will be back in champions league in 5 years brgade)
2. Optimistic (villa will get promoted one day brigade)
3. Realist (the this is villa, not seen anything yet to get excited about brigade)
4. Pessimistic (the managers crap, the owners crap, the players are crap, the food is crap brigade)
5. Doom Monger (the Xia's a liar he ain't got no money, everyones crooked, we're gonna get asset stripped brigade)

I personally see myself in Cat. 3: Realist

If you were a realist you would be saying that's anyone of those 5 possibilities was still possible as we still don't know how much money Xia has or what backing/contacts he has.

The fact that your optimistic Point is that Villa will get promoted one day, also suggests that you are closer to the negative side of thinking,an optimist would be thinking we'll get promoted in the next two Years and within 5 years we'll be challenging the top 6 again.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:07 am

Yep we need to be patient but I for one am finding that quite difficult. RDM appears to be adopting a 'Peace and Reconcilation' approach to the overpaid, feckless bunch of losers from last year.

Well that might have worked for Nelson Mandella but I have grave doubts that it will work at the Villa. If you leave rotten fruit in the same bowl as fresh fruit ....... well you know what will happen.

Maybe the purging has been deferred until we build up the squad but right now, IMHO, the squad going to Austria is depressingly familiar.
Thinman
Thinman

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:49 pm

Thinman wrote:Yep we need to be patient but I for one am finding that quite difficult. RDM appears to be adopting a 'Peace and Reconcilation' approach to the overpaid, feckless bunch of losers from last year.

Well that might have worked for Nelson Mandella but I have grave doubts that it will work at the Villa. If you leave rotten fruit in the same bowl as fresh fruit ....... well you know what will happen.

Maybe the purging has been deferred until we build up the squad but right now, IMHO, the squad going to Austria is depressingly familiar.

I think RDM got the job on a 'Peace and Reconciliation' ticket. As he himself has said he has got difficult dressing rooms to work together before. - and he has no track record of big clear outs and influxes. That said there is a lot of rubbish in this division - so beating the dross should get us to 7th or 8th. Anything less is unacceptable in my book
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 pm

And still no comment from Alf as to where his £80m statement came from.

For a bloke who picks at every syllable of other people's words and so up in arms at anything that doesn't fit with what his nose wife claims, he's very quick to make unqualified comments.

WUM
Trotters
Trotters

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:20 am

Why do people keep going on about the Chinese Government? Its against EU Law for clubs to be subsidised by a nation? Hence the finding this month that 7 Spanish clubs having to repay 100s of millions back to the Spanish Government?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:12 pm

If the Chinese Government were going to back us they'd probably be clever about it and you'd see Xia's worth mysteriously go up in value.

As it happens his Lotus Health Foods company is now apparently worth forty five percent more than it was a year ago, and has been named in the '500 most valuable brands' in China. It's now worth about a billion in English money. Not that I think anything shady has gone on there, of course.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:15 pm

Feck me. This thread is lively Where's The Beef? - Page 2 1306727784 Where's The Beef? - Page 2 4025243045 Where's The Beef? - Page 2 1401410211
NARLA24
NARLA24

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:44 pm

It´s Sunday so medium rare with 4 yorkshire puds and mixed veg please.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Where's The Beef? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:52 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If the Chinese Government were going to back us they'd probably be clever about it and you'd see Xia's worth mysteriously go up in value.

As it happens his Lotus Health Foods company is now apparently worth forty five percent more than it was a year ago, and has been named in the '500 most valuable brands' in China. It's now worth about a billion in English money. Not that I think anything shady has gone on there, of course.

I agree, if the government. We're involved in any way, it wouldn't be direct investment but Xia's other company's winning many big contracts etc.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum