The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Friendlies

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friendlies Empty Friendlies

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:17 pm

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3743524,00.html

Paul Lambert's team to travel to Holland for pre-season.1st Apr 2014

Villa have announced a fixture against Dutch side Groningen as part of their 2014-15 pre-seasonprogramme.

Paul Lambert's team will face the Dutch Eredivisie outfit at their Euroborg stadium on Saturday August 2.

The match will kick off at 5pm local time.

The friendly encounter could see Leandro Bacuna come up against his former club.

Groningen, who currently sit eighth in Holland's top division, are managed by Erwin van de Looi.

Among their former stars are Dutch legends Johan Neeskens and Ronald Koeman.

Back to top Go down

Friendlies Empty Re: Friendlies

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Lets hope it won't be paul lamberts team :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Could be a nice trip that one. Overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, bit of time in Amsterdam either side of the game and Gronigen is less than 2 hours drive away from Amsterdam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Could be a nice trip that one. Overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, bit of time in Amsterdam either side of the game and Gronigen is less than 2 hours drive away from Amsterdam.

If I remember correctly there was trouble there when we played them a few years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 pm

What did you do? :)
Trotters
Trotters

Friendlies 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by TimVilla Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Groningen is a six hour drive for me. Could be up for that. Any news on the German dates, yet?
TimVilla

Friendlies 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:52 pm

They Need to visit Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am

Were you on the last tour of America?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 am

Uncle Villa wrote:They Need to visit Australia

Not at the moment, thanks. I'd like to take my kids to see them when we've got at least a 50/50 chance of winning.
Trotters
Trotters

Friendlies 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm hooking up with a possie of other US based Villans to watch at least one of the Villa pre-season friendlies taking place here in July.

I can't get the time off (or find the readies) to attend both games, as there will doubtless be a considerable amount of frippery and general all-round drunken debauchery involved in same. However, I intend to go to the midweek game in Dallas (carefully avoiding riding past grassy knolls in open top limos) and look forward to renewing my acquaintance with Ian Taylor. I owe him a beer or seven.

Any other stateside Villans thinking of going, let me know where you are and, if needs be, I'll hook you up with your local AVFC enclave Wink Scarf Waving

Last edited by Firestarter on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Eastie wrote:

Were you on the last tour of America?

I flew up to Portland to watch the lads play the Timbers in 2012. What a great couple of days they were...umm...what I can remember of them Beer 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Our annual trip to the Bescott is confirmed

Villa add Walsall friendly to upcoming pre-season schedule

Villa can confirm a friendly match with Walsall this coming pre-season.

The game will take place on August 5, with a 7.30 pm kick-off at the Banks's Stadium.

Villa saw off the Saddlers comfortably in last term's pre-season friendly.

Goals from Fabian Delph, Gabby Agbonlahor, Christian Benteke, Jack Grealish and Gary Gardner earned an assured 5-0 victory.

This is the latest game to be added to our pre-season schedule for 2014-15.

We travel to the USA for a two game tour in July.

We face Dallas on July 23 and Houston Dynamo on July 26 before travelling to Holland.

There, we take on the former club of Leandro Bacuna, Groningen, on August 2.

Stay tuned for more pre-season news as it becomes available.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Tue May 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Summertime wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:Could be a nice trip that one. Overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, bit of time in Amsterdam either side of the game and Gronigen is less than 2 hours drive away from Amsterdam.

If I remember correctly there was trouble there when we played them a few years ago.

There was, led into an ambush by a so called Villa/Groningen fan!!!

The train is just over 2 hours from Amsterdam.
whiteensign
whiteensign

Friendlies 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Uncle Villa wrote:They Need to visit Australia

I know, it's always my worry when booking July trips home, it would be just my luck that Villa arrange a friendly over here Wink

It worked out well in 2011 because I went to Hong Kong on the way back for the Chelsea game!!!

Looking at possibly going over to America in July (not told the misses yet Wink ) Might have to go on some mystery course for work in Perth that week Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Friendlies 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Hoping for a game in the North West again this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Tue May 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Nigel Lowe wrote:Hoping for a game in the North West again this season.

We played at Crewe last summer, you greedy bugger Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Friendlies 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by marcxc1983 Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Texas tour details on the official site:

FC Dallas President Dan Hunt said: "We are very excited to be able to bring Aston Villa to Toyota Stadium for a game this summer. They represent a quality English Premier League opponent who has been in very good form of late.
"They are anchored by several players who will represent their respective countries in the 2014 World Cup. Obviously, this will be a very competitive match and we are excited to be able to bring this quality game to our fans."
I don't think they realise who we are, seems a completely different team they're describing :/
marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Friendlies 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Several?

Vlaar has been named in the Dutch squad and Guzan might be the second choice for the yanks but who else will be in Brazil?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 pm

I wouldn't mind having the team they describe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

They've probably got more than we have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas_Mike Wed May 14, 2014 1:50 am

Firestarter wrote:I'm hooking up with a possie of other US based Villans to watch at least one of the Villa pre-season friendlies taking place here in July.

I can't get the time off (or find the readies) to attend both games, as there will doubtless be a considerable amount of frippery and general all-round drunken debauchery involved in same. However, I intend to go to the midweek game in Dallas (carefully avoiding riding past grassy knolls in open top limos) and look forward to renewing my acquaintance with Ian Taylor. I owe him a beer or seven.

Any other stateside Villans thinking of going, let me know where you are and, if needs be, I'll hook you up with your local AVFC enclave Wink Scarf Waving

There is a pub just outside the FC Dallas ground called 'The Londoner'. It is on the west side 5 minutes walk away. If any Villa fans are going then that is a good place to meet. I will be in there so would be happy to meet up with any one for a beer or two.
Texas_Mike
Texas_Mike

Friendlies 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 9:27 am

Chesterfield on 30th July, 7.45pm ko added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 am

UD Lanzarote.......... anybody ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:08 am

Texas_Mike wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I'm hooking up with a possie of other US based Villans to watch at least one of the Villa pre-season friendlies taking place here in July.

There is a pub just outside the FC Dallas ground called 'The Londoner'. It is on the west side 5 minutes walk away. If any Villa fans are going then that is a good place to meet. I will be in there so would be happy to meet up with any one for a beer or two.
Hi Texas Mike. I would love to be there. Do they do a decent steak in the Londoner or is that a really daft question ? Texas being the home of everything Steaky and all. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum