The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:26 am

Feck me, it must be good. Ill have the lot, send it up in a kettle on a camel pronto.

P.S. Hope u send the letter in Adolf, the Doc will 99% not understand wtf it means but he will 100% like it.
4BetLite
4BetLite

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by De Kuip Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:51 am

4BetLite wrote:Feck me, it must be good. Ill have the lot, send it up in a kettle on a camel pronto.

The "Just say No" campaign pass you by completely then did it? Laughing Laughing
De Kuip
De Kuip

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 am

De Kuip wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Feck me, it must be good. Ill have the lot, send it up in a kettle on a camel pronto.

The "Just say No" campaign pass you by completely then did it? Laughing Laughing

Holy crap twaddle batman, I would like to cancel my order please
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:06 pm

De Kuip wrote:I've just written this letter to Dr Tony:

"Dear Dr Tony,
                  I simply cannot describe in words (and I'm just not prepared to try and describe via the medium of modern dance) how happy I am that you have taken ownership of our great club. Just when times seemed darkest, you stepped forward and rekindled hope for legions of Villa fans. Not only that but you went far beyond what anyone could wish for from an owner; from planning to revitalise Villa park and its environs, right down to the personal touch of #sitting with Xia.
So I got to thinking how I could try and repay the already huge debt of gratitude I feel towards you. What could I do to repay you in some small way? After all, what could possibly help a multi-millionaire and contibute further to your wealth?
Then I hit on it.
You own Lotus Brand - the foremost purveyors of MSG in the world. So I decided that buying MSG would reciprocate the positivity and impact you have brought to B6.
With this in mind I dealt directly with your factory in China - no middle man taking a cut here - I wanted all of my money going directly into your blue waistcoat fund. I placed a minimum quantity order, sat back and waited, replete in the knowledge I'd returned a small favour.
The parcel arrived last month.
I have to say that I didn't realise that the minimum quantity order was 50 kilos of MSG, that is quite a bit more than I imagined, but hey-ho, never mind.
It's been a real challenge using it up - I've sprinkled it on the kids sandwiches, spread it over my breakfast cereal, dusted cakes with it - in fact at Christmas we even did Santa's "footprints" in the lounge with it.
We've has MSG "sherbert dips", MSG-stuffed peppers, MSG brownies, oh we can't get enough of the stuff. I always liberally coat the dogs' dinners with it as well - those plucky spaniels, they love eating through the crusty white coating to get to their meat.
We are all experiencing some - shall I say - "side effects".
Recently I've lost the feeling in my left arm and half my head has gone numb. My wife is plagued with violent headaches and a never-diminishing thirst. My eldest son is complaining that he has tunnel vision and one of his feet is now 3 sizes bigger than the other, and the littlest kids do have to have intravenous fluids 3 times a day. Even the dogs seem affected, one of them keeps climbing into the fridge and howling whilst the other just faces the corner of the room and shakes violently.
But you know what Dr Tony - IT'S WORTH IT! Yes it is, if we can do this small thing for you to show how humbled we are by your appearance at Aston Villa, it'll all be worth it.
Oh, one small issue is that there's still 48 kilos of MSG left. Recently we've started snorting it (not injecting though, that's foolish) and have noticed that it's actually improved the very flavour of life itself, an environmental "Umami" if you will. It's become almost a drug of choice for me and my small family.
In order to shift some of the volume (and recoup the £19k I spent on the order), we've decided to start "dealing" the beautiful white powder.
If anyone reading this is interested in purchasing any (snorting tubes are provided free of charge with any order over £100), then feel free to contact me.
There are 4 types of Order:
The "Westwood" - this is where you get your order, you swear to heaven that it was there at the start, but after 5 minutes the whole lot becomes invisible.
The "Gabby" - you get a thick, fat lump of the stuff.
The "Hutton" - Someone sprints up to you, tries to throw you a bag of MSG, but it flies way over your head and harmlessly into the crowd behind you.
The "McCormack" - basically you expect a lot and we fail to deliver anything.
So, once again, thank you Dr Tony, and I hope I have - in some small way - repaid you for your kindness and leadership. I must sign off now as my gums have started bleeding and three of my teeth have fallen out.
All the best, De Kuip.
Fucking brilliant, just brilliant mate. A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 4025243045
NARLA24
NARLA24

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 pm

托尼是一个传说 .............. Told ya
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am

I want us to succeed because the club is in my blood but McGrath damn it, I would love to see it all work out for Xia as he deserves it so much............ would love to see him standing in the middle of the players holding up any of the cups, please McGrath , make it happen.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:53 pm

We need a chant for the man himself
Sky
Sky

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:20 pm

He's just tweeted that Villa fans should have patience and tolerance. I suspect that's run out. So...

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 Giphy
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Trotters wrote:He's just tweeted that Villa fans should have patience and tolerance. I suspect that's run out. So...

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 Giphy

Surely its clear that Dr T has put a lot into the club - none of which he needed too, but yes buying it was his choice - and everyone deserves some time now to get it right. I don't ascribe to the view that we spent some cash therefore it must be better. Takes time. I hope his call for tolerance is listened to as what other choice is there but to ruin all that has been done in the last few short months. Stanley Victor is one who can keep his mouth firmly closed. A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 2900886825
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:38 pm

I could be wrong but I think he tweeted something similar about patience and sticking together, not long before Di Matteo was sacked.

It's not sacking managers that's been our problem, it's not appointing the right ones in the first place.
deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Year of the Rooster not going according to plan. Think we need some Rooster Booster. Then we could do some stuffing, instead of being stuffed!
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:47 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I could be wrong but I think he tweeted something similar about patience and sticking together, not long before Di Matteo was sacked.

It's not sacking managers that's been our problem, it's not appointing the right ones in the first place.

I disagree. Managers needs time to get it right. Even Man Utd have been sacking good managers left and right expecting success. It's not a coincidence that there's a correlation between well run clubs and length of a managers employment. I know it's easy to counter argue that nobody sacks successful managers, but I think my point comes across.

Having a rotating door at BMH for players or managers is the worst we can do. We have a manager in Bruce that's done this promotion time and time again. Now we just need to get to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Pretty much every club changes manager on a regular basis these days, including the most succesful and best run ones. The reason why they're succesful is because they change managers when they need to and admit to their past mistakes. If Moyes was still at United they wouldn't be better off, than they are now.

As I've said stability in itself won't work, it has to be the right manager in the first place. Bruce has got teams promoted before, but only just last season, with an Hull squad that should have been doing much better, and as to his promtions previous to that they were at a time when the Championship was a different league to what it is now, and Bruce's style of play was more likely to be succesful, these days the clubs who tend to do well, play it on the deck.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:47 pm

The season is over that's clear barring a miracle (Aside from ensuring we get enough points to steer clear of relegation of course). I said to my daughter before the Brentford game that our only chance was to go a huge unbeaten run until the end of the season which had to start within the next 3 games. Well 2 of them have gone without even so much as a point so we arre now in the position that if it doesn't start in the next game and continue until seasons end we are not reaching any playoffs this season, and they are a lottery anyhow even if we did get there so i think it's fair to say we are 98% not getting promoted this season.

What that does though is gives SB an opportunity to have about 23 games (including a few pre season ones) to get this team moulded into shape and also gives us a Summer window to add a couple more necessary players like a new permanent Keeper for starters. I believe a few more contracts run out in the summer too which will naturally clear some squad space.

I think they have played it right tbh. Buy in Jan and accept there would be too much disruption for a realistic push this year but with a huge chance to build the team ready for a proper push next time. I don't think anyone could have expected Newcastle & Brighton to run away with it like they have either which has basically ruined the season in some respects. Next season it'll be level pegging with us much better prepared from day 1.

I think i'm right in saying that we were allowed this season with FFP & Parachute payments as a bit of a freebie too and i think thats why Xia has spent so much as he knows it will be tighter from next season onwards. This is a good tactic i feel as now we have many crown jewels which we can sell for big bucks should we need to create maneuverability in the market to stay within FFP. In a way we have put money into cold storage by doing so and also have some very good players to boot in the meantime. Win win! (& that's something we rarely see at Villa) Rolling Eyes

I like everyone was furious with the last few performances but i guess we have to look at the bigger picture here.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 pm

As far as next season goes, I'm keeping my eye on who's likely to come down from the Premier league. I think it will be best for us if Palace and Leicester avoid the drop as they're pretty financially stable and have fairly wealthy owners, I'd expect them both to be challenging to come straight back up. I think it might be best for us if Swansea, Sunderland and Hull were to come down.

Then again we've got to survive ourselves first, which I think we should do, and then be competitive enough next season, for the above considerations to matter.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm

I think it's normal only 1 if any of the relegated teams goes straight back up, this season Newcastle obviously but that should mean we have at least one of the automatic places to aim at next season unlike the zero we have currently.

A long way to go till then of course but if this season is the bottoming out and slow turning round of the good ship Aston Villa then so be it. We need to be heading in the right direction by the end of the season. 8th to 10th would suffice now and is what we can realistically aim for i feel.

I agree it would help if some of the lesser lights were to fall from the Prem though I don't see much difference to the bottom 10 of the prem and the top 10 of the Championship so i'm not overly worried about who it is. Regardless of how much they have to spend there are only so many good players and we should now have enough of them to mount a challenge at least next time. Of the ones we may struggle to keep like Amavi, McCormack etc well it's no drastic loss anyhow so ho hum.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:44 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Pretty much every club changes manager on a regular basis these days, including the most succesful and best run ones. The reason why they're succesful is because  they change managers when they need to and admit to their past mistakes. If Moyes was still at United they wouldn't be better off, than they are now.

As I've said stability in itself won't work, it has to be the right manager in the first place. Bruce has got teams promoted before, but only just last season, with an Hull squad that should have been doing much better, and as to his promtions previous to that they were at a time when the Championship was a different league to what it is now, and Bruce's style of play was more likely to be succesful, these days the clubs who tend to do well, play it on the deck.

I don't agree and I think continuity and patience in the key to most successes in life, in sports and outside in. Problem is that people expect success yesterday in everything the participate in. I the stock market they throw money on penny stocks expecting ridiculous fast returns, all though most people lose their money. At the same time the greatest investor ever to exist recommends index funds for everyone considered a non expert in their field. There's a mentality thing that's different now than it was before.

Good thing you brough up David Moyes though. The same David Moyes that people wanted sacked after his first full season at Everton with a 17th place. Yet he some what got time and continuity on his side and developed a well run club. The same Moyes that's been shit all season long with Sunderland, yet this weekend looked for the first time like a very decent mid table side (I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed up again). Quick fixes and a revolving door gets you nothing.
Another example is Alex Ferguson who was nearly sacked in the 89/90 era because they were flirting with relegation after spending a ton of money and buying lots of players. Some how he got to stay in his job and he did alright.

There is loads and loads of good managers out there, but the problem is that people expect success over night.

Bruce is fine for us. That said I'd be happy with Rowett as well. Finding the manager isn't the problem. The challenge is explaining to fans that quick fixes isn't the route to success.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:17 pm

I don't think Bruce is the right man for us, but if we were to sack Bruce and replace him with Rowett, I'd want Round sacked as well lol. His football is turgid, and ultra defensive a bit like Bruce but without the history of success. As with Bruce, he'll be affective in certain conditions, but for too long now this club hasn't known how to play football or how to move off the ball, we need the type of coach that will come in and address that.

If down the line we were to bring in someone like Wagner, Dean Smith or anyone really, and I could see they were trying to get the team to adhere to a style of play that hopefully involved us having the football and attempting to attack the oppossition then I'd be patient, as implementing that will take time, and more so with us. But we'd reap the benefits in the long run.

Moyes and Ferguson are rare examples, especially Ferguson he's a one off. You could also add Wenger, Arsenal fans might disagree, but I think he does a good job just to get them top 4 every year, and when he goes it will probably be a case of you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Can someone clarify Tony's number 1 principle to me (as Tweeted) "A man being used cannot be suspected while a suspected man cannot be used."?

Is something lost in translation?

Should we be suspicious of unused subs? Suspect
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:45 pm

my take is that he believes in bruce, he knows/suspects he is the best man for job..... then adds that if he suspects that bruce isn't the man for the job that the suspect will be chopped into little pieces and made into sushi
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:49 pm

I thought that was Xia using some sort of Chinese saying, to say that whilst Bruce is doing his job we need to trust him, and if we don't trust him he can't do his job.

Although I could be completely wrong. And looking at it again, I most probably am lol.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm

I thought he meant in the valley of the blind the man with 1 eye is king!
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:26 pm

It means all our unused players are suspects. Of something. Drugs probably*

* Front page of shitrag Birmingham Mail tomorrow.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I thought that was Xia using some sort of Chinese saying, to say that whilst Bruce is doing his job we need to trust him, and if we don't trust him he can't do his job.

Although I could be completely wrong. And looking at it again, I most probably am lol.

That might be it - you have passed Tony's test & have the makings of a Chinese millionaire @deadbuzzardalive

For me Drink
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Out of the 92 football league clubs we are 88th on current form in 2017, the manager and players have little to do with it, fuck me we couldn't even fluke a goal if we tried, worse teams, with average players and shit managers are doing better then us.

There is something rotten in this club that hasn't been addressed, its time to get down and dirty, start bugging the place, get all CIA on the ground and BMH, trail the players and staff, find the fuck out what's going on someone. fuck me dead.

I want fucking answers you bastards, sort this shit out or I will.

RANT OVER.

.......... I dunno what happened, I was just chilling at home, thinking about going out and this shit came over me, sorry lads and lasses.

p.s. are there many lasses on here?

pp.ss............ sorry for calling you girls lasses, are there any girls on here;)
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next