The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:20 pm

I'm absolutely stunned that Alf T's missus hasnt brought this up.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-21/ac-milan-s-chinese-buyer-said-to-show-false-bank-letter-in-talks

AC Milan’s Chinese Buyer Said to Show False Bank Letter in Talks

Bloomberg News
September 20, 2016 — 8:45 PM GMT+5

The Chinese investor group seeking funds to buy AC Milan, the soccer club owned by former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi, provided a false bank report during its initial deal negotiations, according to a statement from the lender whose name appears on the documents.

Berlusconi’s Fininvest SpA agreed last month to sell the team to a group of little-known Chinese investors for 740 million euros ($825 million), including debt. To prove their financial strength during the deal talks, the Chinese group provided documents on what appears to be Bank of Jiangsu Co. stationery, purporting to show transaction details of a consortium member’s corporate account, people with knowledge of the matter said, asking not to be identified as the information is private.

After reviewing the matter, Bank of Jiangsu found it hadn’t issued any such document detailing the account’s transactions, the lender said in an e-mailed response to Bloomberg queries Tuesday. The Chinese consortium, led by businessman Li Yonghong and known as Sino-Europe Sports Investment Management Changxing Co., “does not confirm it has ever sent such a document,” it said in an e-mailed statement, declining to be more specific. “As we have already factually demonstrated, we stay committed on the closing of the deal.”

One of the purported bank reports says it was printed at 4:14 p.m. on April 25 and lists recent account activity ending with a balance of 852,468,304.56 yuan ($128 million) on that day. It is stamped with a red oval seal bearing the Bank of Jiangsu name.

Ambitious Buyers
The documents were sent to Fininvest as part of a collection of paperwork during the initial deal negotiations with the Chinese group, according to the people. Sellers typically demand to see a potential acquirer’s source of funds before allowing the suitor to proceed with due diligence. The final contract signed with Fininvest didn’t end up making reference to the many bank letters it received during the yearlong talks, the people said.
Fininvest checked the soundness of the buyers through contacts with Chinese financial institutions, and it continues to work to finalize the deal by the end of the year, according to one of the people. The Chinese consortium has already paid a non-refundable deposit of 100 million euros in two tranches, Fininvest said Sept. 7. Fininvest said in a statement Tuesday it “does not confirm having received the specific documentation under discussion and has no intention to comment on it.”

Increasingly ambitious Chinese companies have announced a record $169 billion of overseas purchases this year as they shift their focus from acquiring basic commodities to purchasing marquee entertainment and sports brands. Though Chinese buyers looking to cater to the nation’s increasingly affluent consumers have won deals by offering top-dollar prices, they’ve struggled at times to secure the financing needed to close transactions.

Seeking Financing
The Chinese consortium didn’t have all the financing in place when it agreed to purchase the Italian club, people familiar with the matter said last week. The group is seeking money from new partners to help meet its stated goal of completing the deal by year-end.

The purchase agreement also includes a requirement to provide another 350 million euros of funding to AC Milan over a three-year period.

Li’s group would consider building a new stadium as part of its expansion plans, people with knowledge of the matter said as recently as last week. The consortium has been telling potential partners they could earn outsized returns if AC Milan eventually lists on a Chinese stock exchange, where companies trade at a premium to Western markets, according to those people.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 5_star13

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by The Utterer Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:23 am

Dr Tony's latest tweet

It always takes longer than predicted, needs harder work than expected 2 succeed in everything! But it'll come. It's my experience & philosophy.

This is actually very true and something i also coach in my work.
When starting something new most people MASSIVELY underestimate the amount of effort and time it will take to start to see results. It is THE biggest reason people start something and then quit!

Think going to the Gym or learning a new language for example. 95% of people quit because they underestimate the effort/time required to get the results they want / expect!
The Utterer
The Utterer

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:53 am

The Utterer wrote:Dr Tony's latest tweet

It always takes longer than predicted, needs harder work than expected 2 succeed in everything! But it'll come. It's my experience & philosophy.

When starting something new most people MASSIVELY underestimate the amount of effort and time it will take to start to see results. It is THE biggest reason people start something and then quit!

Think going to the Gym or learning a new language for example. 95% of people quit because they underestimate the effort/time required to get the results they want / expect!

So its going to take longer than expected to get promoted ?

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 1f600

Dr T didn't strike me as a patient man - as I feared looks like he's prepared to tough it out with RDM...GULP !
smetro
smetro

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:36 pm

smetro wrote:
The Utterer wrote:Dr Tony's latest tweet

So its going to take longer than expected to get promoted ?

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 1f600

Dr T didn't strike me as a patient man - as I feared looks like he's prepared to tough it out with RDM...GULP !

Well let's hope he has a set of clean underwear because at the current rate of 10 points out of a possible 30 we will end the season on 46 points and very close to the relegation spots on last years table?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Quite simply if he is serious about his lofty ambitions he has to act and sack RDM. Fair play to him he has provided the cash - but he needs to provide leadership now. The message has to come down that this is unacceptable. If it doesn't I wonder where we go from here.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 pm

More important things to worry about at the moment I guess. But saw this http://www.reconig.com/htm/60.htm on the Recon website. Putting it through google translate looks like it's talk about some of the future strategies of Recon.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Just been named as one of the top 150 CEO's in China. I think he came in around 90th
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Quite an in depth on article on him...

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2028176/aston-villa-owner-tony-xia-sets-his-sights-hollywood-studio

Having taken the football world by storm this year by purchasing former English and European champions Aston Villa, Tony Xia Jiantong now has his sights set on Hollywood.

The Chinese businessman says he is buying stakes in three major movie companies but promises this won’t distract him from his main goal: to restore Villa to their former glory by taking them back to the Premier League within two years.

And he’s not done building his football empire either. He said he plans to buy more soccer clubs, in France, Spain, the US, India and Australia.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:34 pm

anyone seen this - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dr-tony-xia-aiming-join-12026626

he could make a film - the coming of the potato head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Quite an in depth on article on him...

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2028176/aston-villa-owner-tony-xia-sets-his-sights-hollywood-studio

Having taken the football world by storm this year by purchasing former English and European champions Aston Villa, Tony Xia Jiantong now has his sights set on Hollywood.

The Chinese businessman says he is buying stakes in three major movie companies but promises this won’t distract him from his main goal: to restore Villa to their former glory by taking them back to the Premier League within two years.

And he’s not done building his football empire either. He said he plans to buy more soccer clubs, in France, Spain, the US, India and Australia.

sorry matey, didn't see you had posted this already

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Not to worry it might have been posted in another thread before, lol.

He did post on his Weibo some pictures from some film studios, not sure if related though... http://tw.weibo.com/xiajiantong/3985663042804042

$200M is a lot of money but probably wouldn't buy a massive stake in a big Hollywood studio, so will be interesting to see what the thinking behind it is.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:53 am

I see his Recon website has had a revamp. Also seems to be in English now. Maybe to coincide with the US investments that are meant to be happening.

http://reconig.com/
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:38 am

Still total dogshit. My kids could do that as a school project and spend the 2nd half lesson mucking around.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:48 pm

I noticed that übertwat, Ian Robo used Blues' numerous fuck ups as a reason to come out of his fucking cave and state how he always favoured Rowett.

Funny how he's said absolutely nothing about Villa for ages. I swear he prick actually wants Xia to fail and Villa to tumble down the leagues because, like @alf t his original finger pointing accusations at Xia have come to nowt. Absolute sugarbag.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:19 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I see his Recon website has had a revamp. Also seems to be in English now. Maybe to coincide with the US investments that are meant to be happening.

The worrying thing about that website is that they have one Villa picture on it... and it's Ashley fucking Westwood!!

shows the site was either done on the cheap or Westwood has something on someone high up at the club!
Wriggle
Wriggle

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:17 am

Wriggle wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I see his Recon website has had a revamp. Also seems to be in English now. Maybe to coincide with the US investments that are meant to be happening.

The worrying thing about that website is that they have one Villa picture on it... and it's Ashley fucking Westwood!!

shows the site was either done on the cheap or Westwood has something on someone high up at the club!

He is the poster boy for talentless rocket polishers the world over? The living proof that you can succeed in the world of football even if you are a skill less cursed waste of space. Ashley 'the Jonah' Westwood, earn millions a year for doing shite all!!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am

Weren't we meant to be hearing an announcement at the end of October regarding Recon buying into the US film industry. Seems to have gone the same way as the US Logistic firm and buying other football club rumours, i.e very quiet.

In other news it seems that the 2.5 billion deal that Xia spoke about a month or so back is Teamax working with China Unicom, who I think are a state owned Mobile Phones company...

'The Strategic Cooperation Agreement of Smart City Building with China Unicom, Chongqing Branch. In the coming three years, TEAMAX Smart City Technology Co., Ltd will cooperate with China Unicom, Chongqing Branch to jointly participate, invest and build relevant construction projects of smart city which account to RMB 3 billion.'

Teamax also seemed to have some agreement with the Indian Government, to develop Smart Cities in that country.

'In October 2016, Tony Xia, chairman of TEAMAX SMART TECHNOLOGY GROUP, led a delegation to India and joined hands with Indian state-owned enterprise to promote the building of 100 smart cities in India. Witnessed by Anant GEete, the Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Sector Enterprises, TEAMAX SMART TECHNOLOGY GROUP signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with Indian state-owned enterprise Engineering Projects (India) Ltd. (EPI).'

Can't link to the actual pages but links are easy to see on the main page of the Teamax website http://www.txgis.net/# (Now available in English).
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:12 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:36 am

just seen this post from way back, made me giggle: Dr Tony, whatever, has come with a blaze, with prepared pics and a poor website...
..and I fear he thinks we are peasants.
Who will believe anything.
There you go....already doubts about his history, Hollis' claims and we are only in Day 2
Wait until the media focus on the New Board members.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:21 am

If I'm reading the translation right the cable company that he became involved with recently, are trying to set up a TV company. Could be useful spreading the Villa word in China.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reconig.com%2Fpage%2Finfo.php%3Fmod%3Ddetail%26id%3D65&edit-text=&act=url
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:05 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If I'm reading the translation right the cable company that he became involved with recently, are trying to set up a TV company. Could be useful spreading the Villa word in China.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reconig.com%2Fpage%2Finfo.php%3Fmod%3Ddetail%26id%3D65&edit-text=&act=url

can only be good for us, like you say spreading the villa word. don't forget tho, Dr T is skint A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 13 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

one of Xia's troops has tweeted something like

"Very productive meeting with birmingham city council today"

The refuse collectors are coming weekly once more ???
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:42 pm

[quote="smetro"]one of Xia's troops has tweeted something like

"Very productive meeting with birmingham city council today"

The refuse collectors are coming weekly once more ???

Fingers crossed they have agreed to allow Tony to flatten all of Aston apart from Villa Park and Aston Manor....Gawd what a dump! lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:27 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:40 pm

There's an article to go with Wyness's retweet . Great Bar Observer

MP for Perry Barr, Khalid Mahmood, is throwing his support behind Aston Villa's compensation bid following news that HS2 will scythe straight through the club's training base.

Mr Mahmood told the Observer that Villa "need training facilities to produce the next crop of Birmingham superstars like Jack Grealish".

As revealed in the Observer on November 16, Phase 1 of HS2 will cut through Bodymoor Heath.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next