The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Poll : Pearson or RDM

+2
BillytheKid
smetro
6 posters

Go down

who would be the best villa manager Nigel Pearson or Roberto Di Matteo

Poll : Pearson or RDM I_vote_lcap81%Poll : Pearson or RDM I_vote_rcap 81% 
[ 13 ]
Poll : Pearson or RDM I_vote_lcap19%Poll : Pearson or RDM I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll : Pearson or RDM Empty Poll : Pearson or RDM

Post by smetro Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Its looking like a straight fight between Nigel Pearson and Roberto Di Matteo - who would be best for Aston Villa.
smetro
smetro

Poll : Pearson or RDM 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Poll : Pearson or RDM Empty Re: Poll : Pearson or RDM

Post by BillytheKid Tue May 17, 2016 11:45 pm

WOW i immediately think Pearson take no shit rambo psycho manager but then i do think RDM could be a hit here and sign us some top players, oooooooh tough choice will comeback to this after a head scratch 🤦
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Poll : Pearson or RDM 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 pm

The more I think about I'm all for rdm if we're going to go with the likes of comolli, Pearson wouldn't work under these conditions as he is a manager where as rdm is a head coach ala the European model.
It all depends which system they are going with.
The European model works well everywhere in Europe but in the premier league everyone seems to think it has to be a manager.
I'm all for change so let's try something outside of the norm
Maybe if Mon has someone above him we wouldn't be where we are now
gaffer85
gaffer85

Poll : Pearson or RDM 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 18, 2016 1:02 am

RDM. Pearson has proved he can fight it out in the lower leagues bit not so much in the top flight. For me there's a question if he can do it without the people behind him who made Leicester a success - they're still at Leicester.

RDM has also proved he can get teams promoted from the lower divisions but has also shown he can manage big egos at CL level. His broader experience wins it for me.
Trotters
Trotters

Poll : Pearson or RDM 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 6:51 am

I really don't get this infatuation with Pearson. I'd take RDM, but I must admit Pearson ticks two boxes. Namely having the experience of getting a team promoted before and he looks like the type that will install fight in a team.

However, I think we should aim for more than fight. With investment we should walk this division anyway.

The DECIDING factor here would be whether Pearson or RDM get the backroom staff they want. We've seen it before with both Garde and MON, and I see it at my local club in Norway now. Success or failure is hugely linked to whether the right coaches are available to the manager. We need to get everything right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 am

Who are our owners and how much can they spend makes a huge difference. 

If we can afford a total rebuild then RDM would be a decent shout with someone like Comoli handling the transfers. If we are stuck with 1 or 2 additions to the current squad then Pearson might be able to whip them into some form of shape
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed May 18, 2016 8:41 am

I'd take either one of Pearson or Di Mateo. Both have pluses and minuses. Pearson has the advantage of doing it more recently in the Championsip and in the end did a good job in the Prem. With Roberto, I suspect we'd might be able to attract better players and perhaps have better chance of holding onto a few of better existing players.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum