The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently

3 posters

Go down

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Empty Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently

Post by Trotters Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:16 am

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/aston-villa-close-doors-permanently/

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Villa-crap-1

Aston Villa have announced that the club will disband in June, bringing the curtain down on 142 years of league football. Prime Minister David Cameron has described the closure as “extremely positive”.

Old Yeller

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Randy-lerner-150x150
Aston Villa's Randy Lerner

“The nightmare is nearly over,” club owner Randy Lerner told Soccer on Sunday. “Villa is a flea-ridden old mutt, hobbling around on three legs, ribs sticking out, one ear flopped over. So we’re taking her into the woods with a shotgun to apply the Old Yeller treatment.”

“We owe it to future generations,” he added. “With luck, they’ll think Aston Villa was just a bedtime story invented to scare kids straight. ‘Brush your teeth or we’ll buy you an Aston Villa season ticket.'”

Study

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Professor-150x150
Aston Villa study

Timing of the closure appears linked to a study published last week in the Journal of Sports Science. Harvard University analysed a century of data from 96 sports, played across 122 countries.

“We can confirm that Aston Villa are the worst team in the history of sport,” Professor Stuart Fagan told Soccer on Sunday. “The 1928 Albanian women’s Curling team ran them close. Those ladies were absolute muck, but they didn’t have a Charles N’Zogbia in their ranks. That was the difference in the end.”

Fans

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Villa-fans-sad-300x199
Aston Villa Fans

Fan reaction to the closure has been mixed.

“I’ve been a Villa supporter for 30 years, man and boy,” season ticket holder Barry O’Mara told Soccer on Sunday. “Obviously I’ve hated every minute of it. It’ll be nice for my 8 year-old not to see me breaking down every other day. He’s had to be strong for the both of us.”

“Still, it’ll be strange driving past the IKEA where Villa Park used to be,” he added.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Empty Re: Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently

Post by FoxyAV Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:37 am

My wife would approve.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently Empty Re: Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 am

I agree with the assessments we are like a mangy dog at the moment, hopefully this lot will p*ss off and we will get back to where we should be. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa to Close Doors Permanently 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum