The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What club should I support next season?

+12
Trotters
B6b4all
tonyp
Stratfordvilla
Villa_Dan
WendyOz
The Utterer
smetro
FoxyAV
Jae1411
ember
KMitch
16 posters

Go down

What club should I support next season? Empty What club should I support next season?

Post by KMitch Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:46 pm

With coverage of the Championship pretty much nonexistent in the USA and Villa 100% going down now, I need to support another club until Villa come back up... Who should it be?

I can't bring myself to join the Sky 5 glory hunters and I refuse to jump on the Leicester bandwagon, so I'm looking at Southampton, Everton, Watford, Spurs, and Bournemouth. They all play attractive football and are properly run clubs, unlike the Villa. What do you guys think?
KMitch
KMitch

What club should I support next season? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

What club should I support next season? Empty Re: What club should I support next season?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm

I think you should find out where Lerner's mansion is first..

Back to top Go down

What club should I support next season? Empty Re: What club should I support next season?

Post by ember Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:03 pm

I'd go with Southampton probably.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:59 pm

From a neutral point of view id not support anyone, just sit back watch whoever is on and enjoy football without a downside of losing.
Jae1411

What club should I support next season? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Jae1411 wrote:From a neutral point of view id not support anyone, just sit back watch whoever is on and enjoy football without a downside of losing.

Yes, this. I used to go to Reading or Southampton (free tickets, free lift) and it was good to watch football without having to worry about it.

My mother's side of the family is Villa, my father's side Southampton. Bearing in mind I'm about 10 miles from Southampton I could have been supporting them but it doesn't work like that, does it. Shame though, I like going there to the away end. I'll find enough away matches next season, it'll be good to try some new grounds and to go to a few like Reading I already know.

What am I saying? I haven't given up yet even though we capitulated today. If I were Garde I'd start playing some of the U21s, it's not as if we have any senior strikers left!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

What club should I support next season? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Its always the Villa KM - TV or no TV
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:10 am

Think i'll join you Kmitch,

had enough of this frankly after 40+ years it's beyond a joke. I'll always keep half an eye on Villa results, just like the players claim to do who desert us year in year out for proper clubs, you know... the kind with a tinsy winsy bit of ambition about them which is what i always thought football was about...clearly i was mistaken!

It's difficult to shake off the shackles of 40+ years admittedly but Randy Lerner has pretty much done that for me by destroying my passion for what was Aston Villa....I now see that as a worthless shell of a once decent club.

Maybe i'll feel differently after the massive rebuild in the Summer Rolling Eyes
The Utterer
The Utterer

What club should I support next season? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:49 am

KMitch - Under no circumstances are you allowed to change teams. Once you have picked one it's forever - no substitutions.

I suppose we could make a slight concession if you wanted to watch Barcelona

You will probably be able to subscribe to Satander, like we in Oz will have to do - unless you get the feeds directly from the club website.
VTID
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 am

Agree with Wendy. You can't just change team just because it is a little more difficult to watch! 

Pick a team from another league - Italy, France etc
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:36 am

Terrible thread -it's a Villa forum.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:16 pm

i will be supporting Villa albeit from the sofa. My wallet is firmly closed until that yankie cockwomble has gone!
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by B6b4all Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:59 pm

How about grow a pair of bollocks and get you arse down B6.

Alternatively there must be somewhere in Brum that can dip you in plastic so you can fuck off to Chelsea of Mancky Shitty.
B6b4all

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:46 am

B6b4all wrote:How about grow a pair of bollocks and get you arse down B6.

Alternatively there must be somewhere in Brum that can dip you in plastic so you can fuck off to Chelsea of Mancky Shitty.

You obviously didn't read my post... Jesus...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:19 am

He's right, KMitch. You should grow a pair of bollocks and stop using your location and lack of Villa on TV next season as a poor excuse for not watching Villa.

I'm sure your local travel agent will sort you out for a decent priced air fare and accomodation.

Fucking grow a pair! Laughing Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

What club should I support next season? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:41 am

KMitch wrote:With coverage of the Championship pretty much nonexistent in the USA and Villa 100% going down now, I need to support another club until Villa come back up...  Who should it be?

I can't bring myself to join the Sky 5 glory hunters and I refuse to jump on the Leicester bandwagon, so I'm looking at Southampton, Everton, Watford, Spurs, and Bournemouth.  They all play attractive football and are properly run clubs, unlike the Villa.  What do you guys think?

I think you need lobotomising.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 am

When the Tree rains bananas.......................

The monkey will not stay in the Tree...
4BetLite
4BetLite

What club should I support next season? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:55 am

I think there will be more Villa games on tv when we are in the Championship than there are now. Wolves have been on Friday night, early Saturday on a number of times. They will be clambering all over Villa's arse to do the same.
NARLA24
NARLA24

What club should I support next season? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:55 pm

NARLA24 wrote:I think there will be more Villa games on tv when we are in the Championship than there are now. Wolves have been on Friday night, early Saturday on a number of times. They will be clambering all over Villa's arse to do the same.

+1. Its just a shame the club will be getting a fraction of the money for more games.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by B6b4all Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 pm

KMitch wrote:
B6b4all wrote:How about grow a pair of bollocks and get you arse down B6.

You obviously didn't read my post... Jesus...

You're right I didn't read all of the post, as this kind of bollocks infuriates me.

Boo hoo, you can't see the games on TV. How do you think those of us that can remember football before the Sky wankfest got on?

As others have said either you're Villa or you're not.  Following Everton or Southampton instead of one the money teams won't make you any less plastic.

If you're devoid of a team to follow on the box over there, give one of the South American leagues a go.  You won't even have to make a mess of your sleep patterns to do it.
B6b4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down